PDA

View Full Version : I just took a loolk at the ticket office.....

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2014, 05:39 PM
site. I'm not sure this game sells out.

gravedigger
09-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Specifically why?

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2014, 05:56 PM
There are very large blocks of tickets left in multiple sections.

RougeDawg
09-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Specifically why?

Could have to do with the God awful time slot. I've seen a lot of posters on here say they can't make it because of kids games and other morning activities. Add in Starkville and surrounding area, only having hotel capacity to fill McCarthy Gymnasium and new expansion, you may not sell this one out. I will be there, but some people have commitments on the weekends, specifically early morning and cannot make 11 am. Others such as myself, would have to leave New Orleans at 4-5 am to make it in ample time, because the lodging situation in and around Starkville is lacking.

hailmari
09-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Probably a lot of people like me who haven't bought em yet but will be there.

Beaver
09-29-2014, 06:30 PM
Lower bowl is pretty much sold out. East side needs the corners to sell, and the west side has a good number of tickets throughout left since A&M did not sell their allotment. Think it'll be very close to a sellout by Saturday.

Hunkaburningdawg
09-29-2014, 06:33 PM
Beautiful weather should help! Me thinks it will be full!

IMissJack
09-29-2014, 06:57 PM
A&M did not sell their allotment.

Lloyd Christmas
09-29-2014, 07:34 PM
site. I'm not sure this game sells out.

That blows. Sold my tickets to State fans..wish I could've gone but works nuts, goin to the Auburn game already and that start time really blows ass. I think even if it isnt a sellout that it will look and sound like a sellout. The University and the town also need to get together and talk about a lodging overhaul too. There simply aren't enough rooms im Starville to support how big our stadium has become.

LC Dawg
09-29-2014, 08:20 PM
11:00 games hurt us and Ole Miss more than other teams because I'd say the majority of our fans live at least two hours away. I'll be driving up Friday night after high school football and arrive about 1:00 a.m. I'd rather do that than leave at 5:00 a.m. the morning of the game but neither option excites me. I hate 11:00 games. I hope it's a sellout but as others have pointed out there are a lot of factors in it being a sellout.

Jack Lambert
09-29-2014, 08:24 PM
I just got tickets today.

TUSK
09-29-2014, 09:24 PM
probably all gone by now, but I got a letter several weeks ago RE: MSU @ Bammer (vistor) tickets, there were some available, FYI.

State82
09-29-2014, 09:43 PM
The University and the town also need to get together and talk about a lodging overhaul too. There simply aren't enough rooms im Starville to support how big our stadium has become.

Don't know how you do that for 14 nights out of 365. I'm not a hotel developer, but I just don't see how to make the numbers work. I realize you can mix in a few other big weekends possibly during baseball season but only a very few.

Zildjan
09-29-2014, 09:54 PM
If we don't sell this game out we have ZERO to bitch about when we get "overlooked" for bowls, etc. pathetic.

maroonmania
09-29-2014, 09:59 PM
11:00 games hurt us and Ole Miss more than other teams because I'd say the majority of our fans live at least two hours away. I'll be driving up Friday night after high school football and arrive about 1:00 a.m. I'd rather do that than leave at 5:00 a.m. the morning of the game but neither option excites me. I hate 11:00 games. I hope it's a sellout but as others have pointed out there are a lot of factors in it being a sellout.

Yep, I'm probably going to have to leave to head to the game at 5:30 in the morning and it SUCKS! I don't want to hear about why its hard to get people to come to games. Everything today is about TV.

maroonmania
09-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Don't know how you do that for 14 nights out of 365. I'm not a hotel developer, but I just don't see how to make the numbers work. I realize you can mix in a few other big weekends possibly during baseball season but only a very few.

Starkville is not an option for me because every place there requires a 2 night minimum. I don't have the time or money to want to stay 2 nights over every football weekend so I never stay there. Luckily Columbus is not that far away and several new hotels have been built there over the past few years.

Bothrops
09-29-2014, 10:43 PM
I know of two new hotels that are in the works. One thing that hurts is not having an interstate nearby, and Starkville having only about 24k permanent residents. That makes a lot of things very challenging from a feasibility standpoint. But considering that we're undefeated and this is the first home game in a month, it would shock me if the game doesn't sell out.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-30-2014, 07:44 AM
You guys know you can go to airbnb.com and probably get a room for $100.

Just like uber and lyft are replacing taxis, airbnb is doing the same to the hotel business.

I use it a lot. It is awesome. Just make sure the person has decent reviews. The days of $450 a night hotel rooms are coming to an end soon. Greed.

TUSK
09-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Specifically why?

Not enough "caring".

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2014, 08:50 AM
I think one reason that is being overlooked is the cheapest face value ticket is $65. That's pretty steep for your average Joe. I sit on the upper west side a lot because I actually like it. What you see up there for the cheaper tickets is a lot of young adults with one or two kids in tow. That is the real base of your last minute crowd that will buy returned visitor tickets. It's how I got started sitting up there. You don't see that as much for the higher priced tickets. That's $260 for a family of 4. Add in $50 for concessions and another $30 at least for gas and you are looking at $340 to go to a ballgame and sit in the upper deck. There just aren't a lot of people in the "lets go to the game this week crowd" that are going to pay that kind of money within easy driving distance of MSU. I think you will see some price adjustments next year if this one doesn't sell out. It may get there yet, but if it doesn't you have to take a hard look at pricing.

EAVdog
09-30-2014, 09:07 AM
You can get upper deck tickets for 40$'s

I bought 2 lower deck visitors section yesterday for 65$'s. We have relatives close by so we can double up the trip, visit for kids to Papaw's and game for us! Glad there were some tickets available, but there weren't a whole lot. especially down low.

fishwater99
09-30-2014, 09:31 AM
This will be my 3rd MSU game and 4th football game this year to attend. I hate the 11am time too, but I will be there..

The Bears will sellout b/c of all the Bama fans. Their tickets are going for $250-$300.

Dawg496
09-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Seriously, screw the start time, our fans need to nut up and be there. We need to make sure that the crowd is a factor in this game. The entire country will be watching and we can't have 3 empty sections for a Top 15 matchup.

Chinchilla
09-30-2014, 09:51 AM

I agree with the rest of your post, but airbnb hasn't caught on in Starkville yet. There's hardly anything available.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Also, VRBO.com and homeaway.com are great sites for this and general vacation lodging. We got a house for the Auburn weekend through VRBO.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Upper deck $40 on the MSU site? Cheapest I saw when I looked was $65.

EAVdog
09-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Upper deck $40 on the MSU site? Cheapest I saw when I looked was $65.

Did you check upper deck, end sections?

ckDOG
09-30-2014, 10:21 AM
If that stadium isn't filled Saturday, our fans have no business scratching their heads when Dan Mullen leaves. This is the biggest game on campus in at least a decade. It should be filled regardless of time slot. I can understand a crap non conference game. This one is different. We don't show up and it says to coaches and recruits that we place a low priority on winning and only care when it falls in our laps.

drunkernhelldawg
09-30-2014, 10:43 AM
People don't have money to burn. They like tv. Our crowds haven't had time to adjust to the 6000 seat expansion. Hopefully, it will catch up. If not, I hope the athletic department gets some deals out there for youth groups and stuff so we can get those seats filled. Nothing sinks a program like a bunch of empty seats in the stadium.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Did you check upper deck, end sections?

Just checked again, you are correct $45 for the end sections. Those are returned tickets. Still a lot of tickets left. That gets the total price of going down to about $280 for a family of four. My point still stands.

SaltyDawg
09-30-2014, 11:20 AM

Just like uber and lyft are replacing taxis, airbnb is doing the same to the hotel business.
t
I use it a lot. It is awesome. Just make sure the person has decent reviews. The days of $450 a night hotel rooms are coming to an end soon. Greed.

Airbnb.com has a total of (4) places to stay for the Auburn weekend starting at $300/night.......in the Highlands. Woof.

TUSK
09-30-2014, 11:23 AM
I don't get it. Last year I saw where ya were beyond capacity. Did adding 6000 seats make that much difference?

And like some have said, this is a huge game, national stage... Two top ranked teams, etc....

If y'all don't sell this out, I'm gonna want my jumbotron and expansion money back!

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2014, 11:47 AM
I just looked at every section. I'd estimate there are at least 3000 tickets left. There are a LOT in sections that aren't returned tickets.

drunkernhelldawg
09-30-2014, 11:52 AM
I just looked at every section. I'd estimate there are at least 3000 tickets left. There are a LOT in sections that aren't returned tickets.

3000 is actually not bad. Prob. be down to 1000 by kickoff.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2014, 11:53 AM
I don't get it. Last year I saw where ya were beyond capacity. Did adding 6000 seats make that much difference?

And like some have said, this is a huge game, national stage... Two top ranked teams, etc....

If y'all don't sell this out, I'm gonna want my jumbotron and expansion money back!

Much of the problem is the gametime Tusk. At Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Northport, and Birmingham are all within an hour of your campus. In contrast, most of MSU's fanbase live 2+ hours away in Jackson, Birmingham, and Memphis.

When MSU plays at 11:00 AM, it makes it tough for families. That being said, I expect this game will sell out.

If next weeks game against Auburn is at 2:30 or later, you won't be able to find a ticket. MSU's location just creates a unique problem when we get bad game times.

You also have to consider that A&M has road games this year at Bama and Auburn in addition to MSU. Of those three road trips, going to Starkville is probably the least desirable and thus A&M won't hardly bring any fans. This creates a massive influx of tickets available at the last minute, that MSU fans can buy. Most of the tickets still left are these tickets, and, since they just came on the market, it will take time to sell them. If A&M sells it's allotment, we probably aren't dealing with this.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2014, 11:55 AM
3000 is actually not bad. Prob. be down to 1000 by kickoff.

Agree, 3,000 isn't bad, and, I agree, it will be down to under 1,000 by kickoff, and probably not even noticeable. My bigger worry is that students won't wake up that early, and their, OVERSIZED, student section won't be completely full.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Much of the problem is the gametime Tusk. At Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Northport, and Birmingham are all within an hour of your campus. In contrast, most of MSU's fanbase live 2+ hours away in Jackson, Birmingham, and Memphis.

When MSU plays at 11:00 AM, it makes it tough for families. That being said, I expect this game will sell out.

If next weeks game against Auburn is at 2:30 or later, you won't be able to find a ticket. MSU's location just creates a unique problem when we get bad game times

Yep. The number of people who can drop the amount of money you have to drop to go to a game these days within an hour or so of Starkville is limited. That number is split between at least three schools too. The casual fan just isn't going to do it for the higher priced games. They also won't do it for a bad start time, and 11 AM is the worst other than Thursday.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Agree, 3,000 isn't bad, and, I agree, it will be down to under 1,000 by kickoff, and probably not even noticeable. My bigger worry is that students won't wake up that early, and their, OVERSIZED, student section won't be completely full.

I think the students will show up for this one. The bigger question is will they stay past halftime even if the game is close.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2014, 12:01 PM
That 3k figure is just a guess. There are LARGE blocks of seats available in several upper deck sections.

TheRef
09-30-2014, 12:01 PM
I think the students will show up for this one. The bigger question is will they stay past halftime even if the game is close.

Weather is going to be great, the students will already be buzzed up, I have a feeling that the students will stay...but then again, what do I know? I'm just a student, right?

TUSK
09-30-2014, 12:07 PM

If next weeks game against Auburn is at 2:30 or later, you won't be able to find a ticket. MSU's location just creates a unique problem when we get bad game times

I can dig it's inconvenient, but I don't think that's a legit reason not to sell this game out.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2014, 12:10 PM
I can dig it's inconvenient, but I don't think that's a legit reason not to sell this game out.

I completely agree with you. Just trying to explain that it is a little more difficult.

gravedigger
09-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Dont worry tusk. Bama will have enough money to pay for the next albert means.....if you save for a couple years.

maroonmania
09-30-2014, 12:12 PM

If next weeks game against Auburn is at 2:30 or later, you won't be able to find a ticket. MSU's location just creates a unique problem when we get bad game times.

You also have to consider that A&M has road games this year at Bama and Auburn in addition to MSU. Of those three road trips, going to Starkville is probably the least desirable and thus A&M won't hardly bring any fans. This creates a massive influx of tickets available at the last minute, that MSU fans can buy. Most of the tickets still left are these tickets, and, since they just came on the market, it will take time to sell them. If A&M sells it's allotment, we probably aren't dealing with this.

Shotgun, this is exactly it. Thursday night games and 11:00 Saturday kickoffs put more inconvenience on MSU fans than probably anyone else in the SEC. Would be interesting if someone did a study on average distance traveled per season ticket holder to games for each college in the SEC. I can almost guarantee you we would be at the top of that list for longest distance on average. There just aren't any population centers very near the Golden Triangle so you have many more people making longer trips on gameday and the inconvenient start times are a BIG hassle. And the even bigger problem is you DON'T KNOW the start time of a game until 2 weeks out and sometimes (like next week) only 6 days out. Well that is not a lot of time to rearrange Friday night plans so you can leave home at 5 or 6 in the morning when you hadn't planned for that already. With TV ruling EVERYTHING its getting to be more and more of a pain in the ass to enjoy gameday at the campus because of the repeated oddball kickoff times. We have now only had one evening game with a 1:00 scorcher thrown in and now a morning yawner at 11:00. If we play Auburn earlier than the 2:30 slot I will be pissed.

MadDawg
09-30-2014, 12:27 PM
I think they should sell a student guest ticket for less than $65. That's pretty steep for a college age kid.

TUSK
09-30-2014, 08:13 PM
I think they should sell a student guest ticket for less than $65. That's pretty steep for a college age kid.

why don't you guys have a "econo"-type section where the the tickets are more affordable for families with kids, etc...?

like a block of 5-10K seat section in the upper deck for $20-25 per seat?

that's have to help, some, no?

mstatefan91
09-30-2014, 08:48 PM
why don't you guys have a "econo"-type section where the the tickets are more affordable for families with kids, etc...?

They basically do that with the top dog plan I believe.

I believe MadDawg is talking about student guest tickets where students can request up to two guest tickets (may be more?) for friends/family/whoever to come sit in the student section with them.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2014, 09:00 PM

We do, season tickets only. We also usually have deals for the lessor profile opponents. A&M isn't included in those. The higher profile opponents usually don't return too many tickets. It appears A&M did this time. I still think we will get there but there area a lot more than usual left this late.

TUSK
09-30-2014, 09:06 PM
We do, season tickets only. We also usually have deals for the lessor profile opponents. A&M isn't included in those. The higher profile opponents usually don't return too many tickets. It appears A&M did this time. I still think we will get there but there area a lot more than usual left this late.

that makes sense,,,, way back in the day, as an Auburn fan, the only way to get an IB ticket was to buy season tickets...

yall just have to find ways to motivate your supporters....

there are some bammer ticket packages that only includes OOC games and non AU/UT conference games...

you guys will find that as your prominence (sp) grows, so will the demand, and the prices.... it sucks.

RC3
09-30-2014, 09:35 PM
I've had about a dozen people ask me for help finding tickets. I've directed them to the university. It's gonna sell out

Lloyd Christmas
09-30-2014, 09:41 PM
I've had about a dozen people ask me for help finding tickets. I've directed them to the university. It's gonna sell out

This. I think we may be worried for nothing.

dawg27
09-30-2014, 10:02 PM
If we don't sell this game out we have ZERO to bitch about when we get "overlooked" for bowls, etc. pathetic.

i so agree with u and what is bad is our student section cant under stand why they cant stay for a whole game. I dont want to hear it was hot excuse

Obiwandawgbroni
09-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Damn black bears tickets are 200 plus and they are selling

TheRef
09-30-2014, 10:08 PM
i so agree with u and what is bad is our student section cant under stand why they cant stay for a whole game. I dont want to hear it was hot excuse

Let's not go down this road, everyone. It's been discussed ad nauseum and I'd rather not go down that road again...

http://img.pandawhale.com/88611-beating-dead-horse-gif-South-P-ZqEc.gif

bluelightstar
09-30-2014, 10:25 PM
Let's not go down this road, everyone. It's been discussed ad nauseum and I'd rather not go down that road again...

http://img.pandawhale.com/88611-beating-dead-horse-gif-South-P-ZqEc.gif

Quote for emphasis

FlabLoser
09-30-2014, 10:36 PM

Who are the Black Bears playing?

Oh, its Alabama, the most rabid fanbase in America. The fanbase that buys season ticket to every school they play on the road.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2014, 10:41 PM

You mean Bama tickets?

The problem here isn't that MSU fans aren't buying tickets. In fact, I bet more MSU fans have bought tickets to the A&M game than Ole Miss fans have bought tickets to the Bama game. The difference is that Bama is bringing about 10,000 people to oxford, and A&M may bring 1,500 to Starkville

preachermatt83
09-30-2014, 11:26 PM
as of right now there are approx. 1900 seats available

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2014, 11:30 PM
as of right now there are approx. 1900 seats available

Really? That will easily sell out by Friday probably. very easily by kickoff

whosyourdawgy
10-01-2014, 07:48 AM
You mean Bama tickets?

The problem here isn't that MSU fans aren't buying tickets. In fact, I bet more MSU fans have bought tickets to the A&M game than Ole Miss fans have bought tickets to the Bama game. The difference is that Bama is bringing about 10,000 people to oxford, and A&M may bring 1,500 to Starkville

There will be more than 10K Bama fans in Oxford Saturday. There will be Bama fans on the front row at game day for goodness sakes

Lloyd Christmas
10-01-2014, 08:49 AM
You mean Bama tickets?

Thank you, Gun. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Ironically, we may have a better home field advantage without a sellout because it will mean that A&M brought so few fans.

Obiwandawgbroni
10-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Thank you, Gun. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Ironically, we may have a better home field advantage without a sellout because it will mean that A&M brought so few fans.

I want to believe this, but according to the attendance records those homers have filled the stadium for ULL and Memphis. Somebody has got to be inflating their attendance numbers

Obiwandawgbroni
10-01-2014, 10:37 AM
I want to believe this, but according to the attendance records those homers have filled the stadium for ULL and Memphis. Somebody has got to be inflating their attendance numbers

But i agree, the less A&M fans the better. I think it'll fill up before Saturday. Lots of folks wait till the last minute.

DudyDawg
10-01-2014, 10:44 AM

Lol, not like you can tell who's wearing which team's colors anyways

Bubb Rubb
10-01-2014, 10:50 AM

Can't speak for ULL, but I was told there were a ton of Memphis fans at their game.