PDA

View Full Version : Has the starting Center been announced?

Jack Lambert
09-29-2014, 10:42 AM
I might have missed it.

TheRef
09-29-2014, 10:44 AM
In Dak's interviews last week, he basically said that Beckwith is shifting to Center.

Todd4State
09-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Probably not officially, but I'm pretty sure it will be Beckwith.

I'm not too worried about it to be honest with you. I assume Beckwith started when Day was suspended last year and no one even noticed or remembers.

DudyDawg
09-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Beckwith, not official. Dan has a press conference on SECN at 1 live, may make it official then. May not

TrapGame
09-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Dan told Bo Bounds this morning that he was rotating a lot of guys in practice on the OL. He also said Beckwith has a ton of first team snaps at center and is not worried about him starting.

DawgHouseUnited
09-29-2014, 11:07 AM
It'll be Beckwith, if for no other reason than the hair...

UMCDawg16
09-29-2014, 11:08 AM
We will be fine with Beckwith at Center. Also, Clayborn is a road-grater coming in at RG.

shrimp
09-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Dylan Holley started last year when Day was out. But I'm not worried either about Beckwith at Center.

Probably not officially, but I'm pretty sure it will be Beckwith.

I'm not too worried about it to be honest with you. I assume Beckwith started when Day was suspended last year and no one even noticed or remembers.

yjnkdawg
09-29-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm pretty sure that Beckwith has actually been the true backup center behind Day and has experience at that position. Desper was a top rated one coming out of high school (No 4 in the country), but I think he has been mostly playing guard in college. It should be Beckwith and maybe Desper backing him up. I think Muniz, playing in the LSU game, was just to let him play center (another experiment) when Mullen thought the game was won. JMO on Muniz and Desper backing Beckwith up.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Muniz has been the 2nd team center all year was no experiment. He had snapped fine in the 1st 3 games & the previous drive at LSU. He's prolly had close to 100 snaps this year but the 1 snap will stay with him the rest of the season from fans.

Todd4State
09-29-2014, 12:53 PM
The depth chart has been released.

LT- Clausell
LG- Clayborn
C- Beckwith
RG- Malone
RT- Senior

The only surprise is Clayborn at guard over Desper, but it's also not a huge surprise either.

Coach 57
09-29-2014, 01:36 PM
Beckwith played C in sime of the preseason scrimmages as well as the M&W game too (I'm pretty sure). Honestly it's a non-issue. They do have a twitchy NT (0/1 tech) that got off a few times Vs Arky.

Dawg61
09-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Muniz has been the 2nd team center all year was no experiment. He had snapped fine in the 1st 3 games & the previous drive at LSU. He's prolly had close to 100 snaps this year but the 1 snap will stay with him the rest of the season from fans.

Good post. Let's not kill a man for one bad snap in a game we still won.

MadDawg
09-29-2014, 03:30 PM

Not so sure about the previous drive against LSU. If memory serves, there were several snaps well over Dak's head that he handled and so were not considered bad, but in reality were not good at all.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Not so sure about the previous drive against LSU. If memory serves, there were several snaps well over Dak's head that he handled and so were not considered bad, but in reality were not good at all.

The 2nd unit came in once we got 1st & goal inside the 10. I don't recall any bad snaps on any of the 3 handoffs Dak gave to Griffin.

Jack Lambert
09-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Good post. Let's not kill a man for one bad snap in a game we still won.

While watching the game my son said he feels sorry for him. He did looked pretty upset on the side lines.

Todd4State
09-29-2014, 04:09 PM
While watching the game my son said he feels sorry for him. He did looked pretty upset on the side lines.

Mistakes happen.

It's not his fault that he was put out there in that situation by the coaches, who have admitted that they made a mistake by putting the second unit in too soon.

We just have to move on.

shannondawg
09-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Thanks for bringing that up. Its just a shame that he has that one mistake to live down, it will be something that a lot of fans will never forgive, but it was just one play, and its not the first time a snap has gone over a qb's.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-29-2014, 05:41 PM
The depth chart has been released.

LT- Clausell
LG- Clayborn
C- Beckwith
RG- Malone
RT- Senior

The only surprise is Clayborn at guard over Desper, but it's also not a huge surprise either.

That line up comes in at an average of 6'5" 311 lbs. That's a bunch of beef.

Dawgcentral
09-29-2014, 05:50 PM
My thinking is that the line will be plenty motivated also since Day will be on the sidelines. They might feel as though they have the game on their shoulders.

preachermatt83
09-29-2014, 06:42 PM
My thinking is that the line will be plenty motivated also since Day will be on the sidelines. They might feel as though they have the game on their shoulders.

Exactly!

Churchill
09-29-2014, 08:02 PM
When you think about it the O-Line always has the game on their shoulders....every game