PDA

View Full Version : The most innacurate paragraph I've ever read.

LiterallyPolice
09-29-2014, 10:40 AM
I don't buy in to the whole "TSUN controls the media" stuff.

But I can objectively say that this is LITERALLY one of the most innaccurate paragraphs I've ever read.

From the ESPN SEC blog Power Rankings, regarding UM:

"Memphis was a mere formality. Taking care of the Tigers on Saturday meant the Rebs could count on the focus of college football turning toward Oxford for Alabama-Ole Miss next weekend. Bo Wallace has taken care of the ball well since the opener against Boise State, but can he keep it up?"

A formality?
3 turnovers equals taking care of the ball?

Link:
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/89563/sec-power-rankings-week-5-4

ETA: Let's ignore my inaccurate spelling of "inaccurate" as "innacurate".

TrapGame
09-29-2014, 11:11 AM
That plays into all the BS I've read from bear fans on FB and SDS. They keep saying Memphis was their UAB and they'll beat the shit outta Bama this Saturday. Evidently Bo was focused on Bama too much when he threw those INTs.

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Allow me to add this gem from ESPN too for inaccuracy:

"The No. 3 Tide still have the best chance to win the SEC West -- a 31-percent chance to be exact, according to ESPN's FPI (Football Power Index) -- but their biggest threat of being upset will be waiting at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium on Saturday..."

Goat Holder
09-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Look, man.....I hate Ole Miss too, but can we drop the wishful thinking that they suck? They might be good and they might not, but we don't know yet. They've beaten 4 teams that they should have beaten, and they've looked bad a few times while doing it. All teams do that. If anything, it speaks well that they were able to beat Boise State and Memphis (2 at minimum decent mid-major teams) with seemingly 50 turnovers and penalties (ie. shitty mistake-prone offensive play).

We will know everything we need to know Saturday. What I've noticed about them is that they still can't run the ball between the tackles, but they make up for it with the speed on the outside.

LiterallyPolice
09-29-2014, 11:44 AM
Look, man.....I hate Ole Miss too, but can we drop the wishful thinking that they suck? They might be good and they might not, but we don't know yet. They've beaten 4 teams that they should have beaten, and they've looked bad a few times while doing it. All teams do that. If anything, it speaks well that they were able to beat Boise State and Memphis (2 at minimum decent mid-major teams) with seemingly 50 turnovers and penalties (ie. shitty mistake-prone offensive play).

We will know everything we need to know Saturday. What I've noticed about them is that they still can't run the ball between the tackles, but they make up for it with the speed on the outside.

Don't know if you are talking to me; I don't think Ole Miss sucks and never said that. I was simply pointing out that fact that Memphis was not a "mere formality" and 3 turnovers is not "taking care of the ball".

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2014, 12:00 PM
I'll go out and say it publicly. TSUN is not a good team. Certainly not worthy of a #11 ranking. I think the only guaranteed win they have is aganist Presbyterian. They have a 50% or greater chance of losing every other game they play this season.

Pollodawg
09-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Arkansas is going to beat OM. They may lose to Arky, Auburn, and LSU. 9-4 is their ceiling in my opinion with 8-5 very possibly.

Boodawg
09-29-2014, 12:11 PM
I am going to say that UM beats Bama and goes on to win the NC game. Every time I think they are not very good, they have a decent-good season and give some of the better teams a scare. Reverse psychology...Hope it works. Let it start this weekend, Please.

Goat Holder
09-29-2014, 12:19 PM
I'll go out and say it publicly. TSUN is not a good team. Certainly not worthy of a #11 ranking. I think the only guaranteed win they have is aganist Presbyterian. They have a 50% or greater chance of losing every other game they play this season.

I don't think they are #11 either, but they have plenty of good players. And I don't base that off recrootin rankings either, rather what I see with my eyes. As long as Wallace stays healthy they'll go at least 7-5.

msstate7
09-29-2014, 12:26 PM
I don't think they are #11 either, but they have plenty of good players. And I don't base that off recrootin rankings either, rather what I see with my eyes. As long as Wallace stays healthy they'll go at least 7-5.

If they go 7-5 and we go 10-2 win a win over them, how hot does freezes seat get?

RougeDawg
09-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Wait, Memphis was their uab? So they platoon subbed entire offense and defenses from ther 3rd series of the game on, and the game was never in question after the 4th series of the game? The level of their delusion has increased to an all time high this year and it's the fault of all tw writers and voters who have repeatedly talked about all that "talent". They fail to see how little all that "talent" has been developed. Their out of shape o line is a prime example. Bama will smash them from the opening kick and put them in their places. You can book that, and anyone thinking otherwise hasn't been paying attention the first month of the season. OM has had to rely on starters into the 4th quarter against a bad Boise and Memphis team with both games within a score. Boise game was 7-6 until 11 min mark in 4th, and Boise got inside the 5 three times only coming away with 3 total points. Memphis was 7-3 with them shitting the bed a few times trying to score. Some of you are missing the forest for the trees, trying to save face if God comes down to oxford and OM wins given the 0.75% chance they win. It's not happening. Look at their season and just be objective. This one will get ugly. No Memphis or Boise player would crack the 2 deep on either side of the ball for Bama. Period.

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2014, 12:51 PM

I'll put up the rest of my vcash that 7-5 is their ceiling this year for the regular season. I'll give them Presbyerian to get to 5 wins. Then that means they have to find two more out of Alabama, Auburn, A&M, LSU, UT, ARK, and MSU. If they can scratch two wins out of that group I will be impressed. I sure don't see three wins for them.

Goat Holder
09-29-2014, 12:55 PM
If they go 7-5 and we go 10-2 win a win over them, how hot does freezes seat get?

I would think blazing hot, seeing what they are losing after this year:

65 Chase Hughes OL 6-2/308 SR-3L Springville, Ala./Springville
59 Will Denny LS 5-11/221 SR-3L Jackson, Miss./Jackson Academy
24 Keith Lewis LB 6-0/220 SR-3L Tampa, Fla./Freedom
54 Carlos Thompson DE 6-5/243 SR-3L Hollandale, Miss./Simmons
10 Vince Sanders WR 6-1/185 SR-3L Macon, Miss./Noxubee County
51 Walker Sturgeon DE 6-1/240 SR-1L Horn Lake, Miss./DeSoto Central
48 Carlton Martin TE 6-1/296 SR-3L Madison, Miss./Madison Central
45 Lavon Hooks DT 6-3/318 SR-1L Atlanta, Ga./Meadowcreek/Northeast Mississippi CC
41 Billy Busch LB 5-11/223 SR-1L St. Louis, Mo./Priory School/Butler
6 Cliff Coleman DB 5-10/186 SR-3L Lauderdale Lakes, Fla./Boyd H. Anderson
14 Serderius Bryant LB 5-9/220 SR-3L Sanford, Fla./Seminole
14 Bo Wallace QB 6-4/217 SR-2L Pulaski, Tenn./Giles County/Arkansas State/East Mississippi CC
34 Nicholas Parker TE 6-0/250 SR-2L Batesville, Miss./South Panola
93 Andrew Fletcher K 5-8/180 SR-1L Nashville, Tenn./Montgomery Bell Academy/Louisville
16 Collins Moore WR 6-1/201 SR-3L Madison, Ala./Bob Jones
28 LaKedrick King DB 5-8/171 SR-1L Duncanville, Texas/Duncanville
95 Bryon Bennett DL 6-2/293 SR-3L Madison, Miss./Madison Central
21 Senquez Golson DB 5-9/176 SR-3L Pascagoula, Miss./Pascagoula
25 Cody Prewitt DB 6-2/217 SR-3L Bay Springs, Miss./Sylva Bay Academy
38 Deterrian Shackelford LB 6-1/247 GS-3L Decatur, Ala./Austin

I highly doubt they'll be beating us in Starkville in 2016. Nkemdashian, Tunsil and Paidwell can't carry the whole team. Who will play QB? This is their year, if they can't get it done now, they won't. The senior class is that 2011 bunch where they dominated the state.

ETA: I better take that back, it does appear the bears will bring back their entire OL in 2016. They might be formidable after all.