PDA

View Full Version : The keys this weekend..

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2014, 09:38 AM
1. The offensive line has to be able to cope with the loss of Day. We will have to score a lot of points to win this game. We will, if the line holds up.
2. The defensive line needs to be able to get pressure on the QB with minimal help. If you give him all day back there, given the nature of our secondary, he will kill us.

As with all games you need to win the turnover battle and keep penalties to a minimum but as I see it those two bullet points are the keys.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2014, 09:43 AM
I think our defense surprises people on Saturday. Looking back at last years game against A&M, I think our defense is lying in the weeds and ready to pounce. There are some interesting stats in that game that have gone un-noticed

rbdog82
09-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Don't miss tackles. Those absolutely killed USC and Ark.

DawgInMemphis
09-29-2014, 10:06 AM
1. Get pressure on Hill. Give him multiple looks on D, and keep him guessing where the heat is coming from.
2. Don't turn the ball over.
3. Don't give up big special teams plays.
4. Run. The. Football. Then run it some more.
5. Minimize the penalties and practice sound fundamentals.
6. Turn Dak loose.

I think we match up very well with A&M. We should be able to get decent pressure rushing 4, and really rattle Hill when we bring 5+. Our passing game is MUCH more dynamic than Arkansas, and we run the ball just as well (and although it looks different, we run it just as physically as Arky does). We'll be playing at home in front of a packed house. I like our chances this weekend, and I think our D is up to the challenge.

DudyDawg
09-29-2014, 10:08 AM
Tackle tackle tackle, tackle tackle, tackle tackle, TACKLE

PMDawg
09-29-2014, 10:21 AM
I actually think its as simple as not starting out slow on offense. We just need to not have 3 and outs early in the game so we dont fall behind. If we move the chains and put up around 10 points in our first 3 drives, I think we will cruise.

RossDawg82
09-29-2014, 10:36 AM
just like against LSU. Come out of the gate and punch them in the mouth and try to withstand any late game momentum switch.

LC Dawg
09-29-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm hoping we use the same philosophy we did in the LSU game and try to kick through the end zone on every kickoff. A&M had a nice return on the opening kickoff against Arky and had a short field. We do not need to give them any short fields. It's also important to keep our emotions in check when we score and not get any celebration penalties that back us up on kickoffs. We got backed up on a kickoff against LSU (I think because of a personal foul on a scoring play) and LSU had a nice return but they bailed us out with a penalty.

yjnkdawg
09-29-2014, 11:26 AM
I think if we get the ball first on the kickoff, and go down the field and score, then this could really set the offensive tempo and momentum in our favor. I think we need to score first as I think TAMU has scored on each of their opening drives.

RAYn_Man
09-29-2014, 11:36 AM
Release the Daken.

BulldogBear
09-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Control tempo (probably not an issue) with run game
Pressure on Hill (will produce happy results)
Few missed tackles (will help eliminate big play)

And whatever we do.... whether on O or D.... do not get cute and go too far away from what is working! This is one of those where the best game plan may be just "Step 1: open opponent mouth. Step 2: insert football."

LiterallyPolice
09-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Control tempo (probably not an issue) with run game
Pressure on Hill (will produce happy results)
Few missed tackles (will help eliminate big play)

And whatever we do.... whether on O or D.... do not get cute and go too far away from what is working! This is one of those where the best game plan may be just "Step 1: open opponent mouth. Step 2: insert football."

Wait.... wouldn't that be a turnover?