PDA

View Full Version : I will never cheer for ole miss, but there will be a silver lining if they beat bama

RC3
09-29-2014, 08:35 AM
Will improve our chances of getting to Atlanta. I don't care how good we are, it's gonna be tough to beat bama at bama. Gonna need then to drop a few game. I like our chances in the eggbowl more than our chances at bama.
But we have to beat A&M for any of that to even matter. Just win

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2014, 08:42 AM
I will cheer against OM, because I don't think we should be thinking about getting to ATL right now, and I don't see Bama losing two games and thus making our game with them a possible "winner take all" game anyway due to the winner having the tie breaker.

MSU needs to win, and see Ole Miss blown off the field. For the long term success of our program, that is the better outcome.

Bully Dee Williams
09-29-2014, 08:44 AM
I will never pull for OM under any circumstance. Screw them! I hope they get embarrassed.

RougeDawg
09-29-2014, 09:09 AM
F*ck that. I hope they never win another game or event in any sport. Bama putting those arrogant bow tie wearing asshats in their places is and should be more beneficial to us and our program than a bearshart win! Jesus, where are you getting this thinking? Bama will lose one and we can beat them. Let's not promote another success at our potential to be a game behind. Screw them.

jumbo
09-29-2014, 09:12 AM
I will cheer against OM, because I don't think we should be thinking about getting to ATL right now, and I don't see Bama losing two games and thus making our game with them a possible "winner take all" game anyway due to the winner having the tie breaker.

MSU needs to win, and see Ole Miss blown off the field. For the long term success of our program, that is the better outcome.

this

I will never pull for OM under any circumstance. Screw them! I hope they get embarrassed.

and that

TrapGame
09-29-2014, 09:24 AM
I WILL NEVER PULL FOR OM FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER!!!

GTHOM and RTR

jimbo352
09-29-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm not gonna pull for them, but OP has a point.

If we win, and Bama loses... Our game with Auburn would go a long way to deciding the west. Bama losing 2 is ideal for us since we have to play them at Bama...

Not gonna pull for OM, but there is good that comes from a Bama loss.

RC3
09-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Guys. I'm not pulling for them. Hope they lose by 70. But if they did pull it off, there is some conciliation

TrapGame
09-29-2014, 09:51 AM
I'm all for Bama losing a game but NOT to the bears! We'd never hear the end of that shit! They'd be totally insufferable to deal with.

I'd rather LSU beats them or even Texas A&M (if we win Saturday).

State82
09-29-2014, 09:53 AM

Spot. On.

jimbo352
09-29-2014, 10:25 AM
Spot. On.

The long term success of our program has literally zero to do with their program.

CadaverDawg
Guys. I'm not pulling for them. Hope they lose by 70. But if they did pull it off, there is some conciliation

You're right. And I'm not surprised that many fail to realize your actual point. Jumping to conclusions seems to be status quo by many on here these days.

Root for Bama, but if OM pulls off a miracle..at least Bama will have a loss in the SEC.

yjnkdawg
There is no way in the world I would want OM to beat Bama, even if it benefitted us. I want Bama to BLOW them out. I'm not sure how it would benefit us, unless we beat Bama too, because if we are tied at the end of the season with Bama, who do you think would get the call to Atlanta? I can't stand the OM Football Program and especially their recruiting machine. I want them to lose every football game they play, regardless if it helps us or not.

DudyDawg
09-29-2014, 10:32 AM
There is no way in the world I would want OM to beat Bama, even if it benefitted us. I want Bama to BLOW them out. I'm not sure how it would benefit us, unless we beat Bama too, because if we are tied at the end of the season with Bama, who do you think would get the call to Atlanta? I can't stand the OM Football Program and especially their recruiting machine. I want them to lose every football game they play, regardless if it helps us or not.

You do realize there isn't a commitee or voters or anything other than on field record and tie breakers that decides who goes to Atlanta, right?

drunkernhelldawg
09-29-2014, 10:34 AM
I hate Alabama almost as much as I hate OM. Alabama has broken our heart more than any other team. Plus, it sucks to be in a division with a team that never loses. We need a championship. That said, I will just be happy to see either one of their asses in the L column.

thunderclap
09-29-2014, 10:49 AM
17. That.

BrunswickDawg
09-29-2014, 11:07 AM
To quote a rabid GT friend of mine (who was speaking about UGA), "I'd root for Red China before wanting those bastards to win"

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2014, 11:31 AM
I have thought about it and I can't come up with a scenario where I could ever pull for the fightin' bowties. About the closest I could come woudl if them beating a team was the only way we could get back to Atlanta for the SEC championship game. Even then I would be pulling for the other team to lose than I would TSUN winning. That's about as close as I can come.

HSVDawg
09-29-2014, 11:33 AM
I look at it this way. At this time until proven otherwise, there are 5 great / potentially elite teams in the West: Bama, MSU, OM, Auburn, and Texas A&M. There are also two other good teams (LSU, Ark). Bama and OM each play both of the two "good" teams on the road. Of the other 4 "great" teams, both Bama and OM play 3 of the other 4 at home. Bama only has to travel to Oxford, and OM only has to travel to College Station. Both have similarly favorable schedules going forward compared with the rest of the division, so there is really no advantage one way or the other in regards to MSU's position in the standings at this time. So, with all things being equal, root for the team you hate the least.

....ROLL TIDE!

yjnkdawg
09-29-2014, 11:41 AM
You do realize there isn't a commitee or voters or anything other than on field record and tie breakers that decides who goes to Atlanta, right?

I do know that. I guess I didn't phrse that correctly. What I am saying is that if Bama and us had the same record, with only one total loss and Bama beat us and OM beat Bama, then the tiebreaker would go to Bama, since they would have beaten us, head to head. Maybe I'm wrong on that, as maybe some other wins or losses would factor in?

LC Dawg
09-29-2014, 11:45 AM
I plan on being so excited about our thrashing of A&M Saturday when I come out of the stadium that I won't care who wins that game in Oxford. I will probably watch their game though, just to have something to do while I'm drinking.

SheltonChoked
09-29-2014, 01:03 PM
No. We control our destiny. The only SEC West team MSU should want to win out this season, so far is LSU. The rest do not matter.

As for Ole Miss, I hope they lose every game. Always. Forever.

Todd4State
09-29-2014, 01:17 PM
I would only pull for Ole Miss to win if it meant us winning a championship. Most likely that would happen in baseball or basketball where we need them to knock off LSU or something like that.

That would put Ole Miss in a quandary of either pulling for their team to help us or pull for the opponent.

BulldogBear
09-29-2014, 02:25 PM
No. We control our destiny. The only SEC West team MSU should want to win out this season, so far is LSU. The rest do not matter.

This. Until we actually know we need Ole Miss to win a game I will not assume we need them to. We still control our own destiny at this point technically no matter how you feel about us playing at Tuscaloosa.

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2014, 02:31 PM

This is the correct attitude. Once we beat a west team this season we then need them to win out. Lucky for us we play TSUN the last game of the season.

drunkernhelldawg
09-29-2014, 03:05 PM
This is the correct attitude. Once we beat a west team this season we then need them to win out. Lucky for us we play TSUN the last game of the season.

A Bama loss does more to lift us toward the SECCG than a UM loss. That's my opinion. But overall, it doesn't make a damn to me who wins, as long as one of them loses. Us winning is of course the thing I actually care about. But just to let you know, I'm not going to be surprised if OM pulls it off. I'm not predicting it; I don't predict that much, but the whole SEC West looks close to me this season, including those two teams. I see us as the team that's a cut above, but we've still got to bring our A game to make that pay off.