PDA

View Full Version : question about student tickets

drummerdawg
09-28-2014, 09:25 PM
I have a friend who is a student at State who has student season tickets but hasn't been to a game this season and wont go to but maybe two games the rest of the year. I've tried telling this person to make sure their tickets get used by somebody, but they told me that they can't sell or give their tickets away this year. So how do you go about making sure the student section is full if not all students with tickets will be there? How do you sell or give away your ticket? I've heard they are doing something different with student tickets this year, and maybe this has been talked about and I've missed it.

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 09:28 PM
The tickets are through student IDs now. Students that have tix have to go online to transfer them to someone else (and pay a fee I believe). I think the person it gets transferred to can print off a copy. Not positive on that end though

drummerdawg
09-28-2014, 09:45 PM
Thanks. Seems like too much trouble to go through.

bluelightstar
09-28-2014, 09:47 PM
Thanks. Seems like too much trouble to go through.

Yeah, you used to have recent grads buying student tix game-to-game and sitting in the student section, but that has gone down this year.

Smitty
09-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Yeah, you used to have recent grads buying student tix game-to-game and sitting in the student section, but that has gone down this year.

Seems like they would be more likely to stay in the stadium seeing as they made a trip back to Starkville for the game.

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I don't know any student who's glad we've made this switch

It_Could_Happen
09-28-2014, 11:51 PM
I'm a student and my friends and I were for the switch. We didn't have to go wait in line all day to get them and you don't have to keep up with 7 or 8 paper tickets instead you just swipe an id. Very easy process.

mstatefan91
09-29-2014, 12:42 AM
I personally know a couple of fellow students who in the past would sell their paper tickets if they weren't going to the game. Now, they don't even try since they have to transfer online. I've tried to tell them that they could pay the transfer fee while still getting cash from the person they are transferring to, but so far, they aren't trying to do it that way.

Something needs to be done. Not sure what though