PDA

View Full Version : Switching gears- The Bears are having problems with one of their coveted recruits

Coach34
05-27-2013, 03:15 PM
seems their signee from Batesville didnt pass his state test- and thus cant graduate.

Not sure what route he has to go from here to get qualified- but whatever that route is- it's got to be a pain in the ass, and one that makes his eligibility this Fall questionable.

Bo Darville
05-27-2013, 03:21 PM
My 6th grader could pass that test. It is amazing that some high school graduates can't. It will be interesting to see what happens.

GumpDawg
05-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Just part of the master plan for them to count him in 3 seperate recruiting championships! In all seriousness, UM recruit or not it is pathetic for anyone not to pass that test. I did go to school with an athlete who made an 11 on the ACT. Didn't know that was possible.

AlSwearengen
05-27-2013, 03:48 PM
From all indications he isn't a bad kid, but, it seems to be that the only thing he was interested in was playing and practicing football. He made it clear that if it were possible, he would never step foot out of batesville if he didn't have to. I feel like that is the main reason olemiss got him.

BeastMan
05-27-2013, 04:30 PM
I think he'll get eligible somehow and he seems like a good kid. That said, has anyone seen or heard him interview? Here is 1 w/ESPN http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8486708/espn-150-safety-antonio-conner-gets-armour-all-america-game-jersey

CadaverDawg
05-27-2013, 04:40 PM
I think he'll get eligible somehow and he seems like a good kid. That said, has anyone seen or heard him interview? Here is 1 w/ESPN http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8486708/espn-150-safety-antonio-conner-gets-armour-all-america-game-jersey

He reminds me of a softer spoken Eddie Murphy in "Life". #Ray'sBoomBoomRoom

TopDog58
05-27-2013, 08:00 PM
That test is culturally biased!

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Meanwhile, i noticed that the spirit is bitching that liggins isnt already a 4 star for the 4th straight yr. why wouldnt he be? This is his 3rd straight class and he hasnt played football in almost 3 years and is a 300 plus pound qb.....

Maroonthirteen
05-28-2013, 02:41 PM
What Beastman said. I bet he is on their campus come August. They will find a loop hole.

col. forbin
05-28-2013, 04:03 PM
These tests are given by the state and are only given at certain times.He will not be a high school graduate until it is passed. And as someone said you have to be dumb as shit to not pass one of these tests.

*I just saw where Coach said he hasn't graduated and can't. I read over that part.

Political Hack
05-28-2013, 04:31 PM
an attorney, free of charge, will help him file suit and get him in a la "I has a crayon." Providing legal services for free, adopting nationally ranked offensive tackles, and paying for private flights to get kids to unofficially visit is fine as long as you're doing it for OM.

Goat Holder
05-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Would not be surprised to see Conner, along with a few other high profile guys, never qualify. The WR from IL is probably one that will ever show, and the Tunsil guy. Couple of their Memfrica guys probably won't make it. And alot of their 4 stars will prove to be 3 star talent as usual once they get to campus. But they'll get Nkemdiche in so I guess it's all good. Really the only real suprises of that class were Nkemdiche, Treadwell and Tunsil. Curious to see whether or not the latter two are in JUCO come next fall.

Add in that Brassell ain't getting in, and Liggins won't see the field, then suddenly things ain't all rosy up there in bowtie-land.

msstate7
05-28-2013, 04:37 PM
While I do like the fact ole miss will have a hard time getting this kid into school, this is still a sad story. His teachers are part of the problem. How can he fail such an easy test and still be on schedule to graduate? Letting the kid pass classes bc he's a hell of a football player should be investigated

Coach34
05-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Treadwell has qualified and moved into Oxford yesterday. He finally got that ACT score he was chasing

msstate7
05-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Speaking of qualifying, what's Donald grays status?

hometowndawg
05-29-2013, 08:38 AM
I must admit that my knowledge on this subject is quite vanilla since I have never been close to someone having trouble passing state tests but could these players not just drop from high school and get a GED to enter into college?

Bo Darville
05-29-2013, 08:57 AM
I must admit that my knowledge on this subject is quite vanilla since I have never been close to someone having trouble passing state tests but could these players not just drop from high school and get a GED to enter into college?

I think if you drop out and get your GED, then you must go to JUCO first and get an associates degree to be eligible in Division I. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

hometowndawg
05-29-2013, 09:12 AM
That makes sense to me. I remember that is what Bryce Harper did to play in the MLB so quickly, but I wasn't aware that you had to attend a JUCO first.

BeastMan
05-29-2013, 09:17 AM
I think if you drop out and get your GED, then you must go to JUCO first and get an associates degree to be eligible in Division I. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If I'm not mistaken a GED is a HS equivalent and paired with an ACT you can get into a 4 year school. I would assume that even GED grads have to take the state test maybe?

Bo Darville
05-29-2013, 09:18 AM
That makes sense to me. I remember that is what Bryce Harper did to play in the MLB so quickly, but I wasn't aware that you had to attend a JUCO first.

Harper did it for the draft. MLB will draft after senior year of high school, after any year of JUCO, or after 3 years of college. Harper got GED after sophomore year of high school, played as a freshman in JUCO when he normally would have been a junior in high school. He then got drafted after the one year of JUCO which is the same as getting drafted after your junior year of high school. He didn't want to wait until his senior year of high school to get drafted.

Harper was all about the draft. He even chose the JUCO based upon it being a wood bat JUCO league.

Bo Darville
05-29-2013, 09:19 AM
If I'm not mistaken a GED is a HS equivalent and paired with an ACT you can get into a 4 year school. I would assume that even GED grads have to take the state test maybe?

You could be correct. I'm honestly not sure.

Saltydog
05-29-2013, 11:55 AM
He's prolly another one of those "he just doesn't test well" signees. They've had those before. Awful strange he can't pass the State testing but has the core requirements and GPA to get into a 4 year university. He will be there this fall wait and see. They'll figure out a way to get him in.

msstate7
05-29-2013, 12:14 PM
He's prolly another one of those "he just doesn't test well" signees. They've had those before. Awful strange he can't pass the State testing but has the core requirements and GPA to get into a 4 year university. He will be there this fall wait and see. They'll figure out a way to get him in.
This should automatically flag his act score. If he couldn't pass that test, there's no way he made high enough on act to qualify

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-29-2013, 01:52 PM
I may be in the minority but I want all these young men to get into school and be successful. For a lot of them, it is their only way out. They dont share the same animosity towards others schools as fans do.

fishwater99
05-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Prep School will be in his future...

I seen it dawg
05-29-2013, 04:13 PM
If he is a good kid I agree with Ennis, only way to be a productive human is to get out and get in school. If he's a POS then **** him and throw him in the ocean.