PDA

View Full Version : Ole miss campus

Apoplectic
09-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Have i not been to the best part of this campus? It is probably the least pleasing to eye of all that i have visited. I get the part about the loose drunken chicks and red tents with abners chicken tenders but "Most Beautiful" is more than a stretch.

War Machine Dawg
09-28-2014, 08:39 PM
They've got a large area with trees. That's it. Never seen people brag so much about a stand of trees. I wouldn't trade our campus for theirs for a bajillion dollars. And our "talent" has dramatically improved even since I finished at State less than 10 years ago. Btw, it wasn't too bad then. Plus there's better food at our games.

TUSK
09-28-2014, 08:44 PM
They've got a large area with trees. That's it. Never seen people brag so much about a stand of trees. I wouldn't trade our campus for theirs for a bajillion dollars. And our "talent" has dramatically improved even since I finished at State less than 10 years ago. Btw, it wasn't too bad then. Plus there's better food at our games.

This is the correct answer.

When Nick and Harvey get done, it'll just be a "large area" with some inebriated bodies layin' 'round... (although it's really not that "large").

steeldawg
09-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Have i not been to the best part of this campus? It is probably the least pleasing to eye of all that i have visited. I get the part about the loose drunken chicks and red tents with abners chicken tenders but "Most Beautiful" is more than a stretch.

That campus looks straight out of the 1960's. I'd take ours over theirs any day of the week. I don't even like their quad.

IMissJack
09-28-2014, 08:49 PM
What's the quad?

Saltydog
09-28-2014, 08:50 PM
always thought our campus was more aesthetically pleasing to the eye and landscaped better than UM......

steeldawg
09-28-2014, 08:53 PM
What's the quad?

It's around the library. Kind of across the street from the coliseum. Behind the Lyceum.

BeardoMSU
09-28-2014, 09:06 PM
C'mon guys....they have a pretty campus. Period. Saying they don't just reeks of 'little brother'.

Yes, OM has a pretty campus, but guess what....so do we. So do a lot of campus' around the country. Personally, I think Athens is the best college town in the SEC with one of the prettiest campus' too.

I think our campus is gorgeous, honestly. It's come A VERY VERY LONG way. Most OM peeps who talk shit about our campus probably have never been on it, and if they have, it was probably in the 80's. The same with the media - most just haven't seen it, or if they have, likely have some image of OD green buildings and tin roof designs in their memory bank.

Our administration has really come on the last 6 years or so in promoting the beauty of our campus, as well as doing various things to fix up a few sore spots. We've come a long way. Anyone who says the Drill isn't a picturesque view of a southern college is just stupid.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 09:09 PM
This is one of many dumb Ole miss threads. We have a prettier campus, but just like everything else, OM promotes theirs better.

Thread closed