PDA

View Full Version : Do we continue to see the rotation between Griffin and Shump at the #2 slot?

Lloyd Christmas
09-28-2014, 07:33 PM
This is a part of our offense that concerns me a bit..i.e. the drop off in production between JRob and the other 2. At this point I feel like Griffin should be a #3 type RB (injuries took too much) but I'm starting to see Shump as a situational type RB and not a true #2. I know it's been said we probably won't see Aeris, but if he gives the ok to burn his shirt then maybe we could see a 1-2 punch running style like Arkie has (same type backs rotating).

Excited for this game boys.

archdog
09-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Let Jameon motion to the backfield when Robinson needs a break. Also if Griffin and or Shump are in the game, run the sweep option with an option to hit a trailing TE on a flag route. Over and over again.

War Machine Dawg
09-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Honestly, it isn't that big a deal. Our #2 back only gets 6-7 carries per game. They're mostly in there for pass pro or to run block in short yardage/goal line situations. I've said it before, but I'll reiterate: Any game where J-Beast doesn't get at least 15 carries is a game we wasted. Hell, J-Beast got 16 carries against LSU and that still wasn't enough. He needs to tote the rock 20 times. Feed the Beast. #RTDF

preachermatt83
09-28-2014, 08:47 PM
Honestly, it isn't that big a deal. Our #2 back only gets 6-7 carries per game. They're mostly in there for pass pro or to run block in short yardage/goal line situations. I've said it before, but I'll reiterate: Any game where J-Beast doesn't get at least 15 carries is a game we wasted. Hell, J-Beast got 16 carries against LSU and that still wasn't enough. He needs to tote the rock 20 times. Feed the Beast. #RTDF

agreed.

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 09:07 PM
If aeris can be as good as we all think in two three years, I don't see a point in wasting a year for 40 touches. Save a year of eligibility and let him build his body to be our number two next year (assuming josh stays)