PDA

View Full Version : Bama opens at -4. Buy in bulk, buy in bulk

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2014, 05:33 PM
This according to the Wynn. Wow, brutal line by Vegas. Never seen it this bad. Do they watch OM play?

blacklistedbully
09-28-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm guessing they know those deluded dipshits in Oxford will bet on Ole Miss to cover at any line, so will take their easy money first, before correcting the line for sane bettors.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Where do i bet on this action

steeldawg
09-28-2014, 07:32 PM
This according to the Wynn. Wow, brutal line by Vegas. Never seen it this bad. Do they watch OM play?

Buy this shit up, this game won't be close.

Goat Holder
09-28-2014, 08:08 PM
Are we sure it's Vegas that's off? These guys do this for a living. I think the maroon kool aid might be influencing opinions. We still really don't know much about Ole Miss.

TUSK
09-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Wow. Makes me wonder. Tease bammer to +3?????

I like that.

Tdawg
09-28-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm guessing they know those deluded dipshits in Oxford will bet on Ole Miss to cover at any line, so will take their easy money first, before correcting the line for sane bettors.

Scary thing is the Bama fanbase actually does drive the line up slightly due to their uncanny betting volume on their team. I see a few lines a year that seem just bizarre but many, many times it doesn't go the way I would have expected. I thought the same thing about Auburn--KSU. Truth is, at the end of the day, these things are driven by power rankings similar to Sagarin, Football Outsiders and ESPN's FPI. Based upon those indexes, a 4.5-5.5 line is about right.