PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Sallee with a pretty good preview article for next weekend

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 04:49 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2213203-fun-and-games-are-over-sec-west-will-finally-be-sorted-out-in-week-5

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2014, 05:10 PM
This is perhaps the best single day of SEC West football ever. Three games withen the division. All six teams are ranked. As of right now it looks like even the weather will be spectacular, at least in Mississippi. The last forecast I saw was sunny with highs in the mid 70s.

GreenheadDawg
09-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Good read but he lost me when he said OM's defense is the best Alabama will face this year, BY FAR. I can't wait for somebody with an actual running game to ram it down their throats

shoeless joe
09-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Good read but he lost me when he said OM's defense is the best Alabama will face this year, BY FAR. I can't wait for somebody with an actual running game to ram it down their throats

I think he meant so far this year...or he's an idiot

RC3
09-28-2014, 06:01 PM
I think he meant so far this year...or he's an idiot

Not the way I read it

DancingRabbit
09-28-2014, 07:13 PM
You're right. I took it to mean "so far" initially, but after reading it again it's pretty clear he's still an idiot.

Not the way I read it

gravedigger
09-28-2014, 07:18 PM
What better d has bama faced? Florida?

Sallee is rarely accurate,but that wasn't a stretch at all.

Bama will see tougher going till they loosen them up but the fact is they will win by double digits.

Om won't be able to score. Maybe at all.

That's om's problem. They don't have a balanced offensive attack.

RC3
09-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Agreed that bama hasn't faced a D as stout as ole miss. But what we are saying is that sallee saying that the ole miss d is by far the best D they will see all year is absurd

sandwolf
09-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Agreed that bama hasn't faced a D as stout as ole miss. But what we are saying is that sallee saying that the ole miss d is by far the best D they will see all year is absurd

Is it really that absurd? I think the toughest defense that Alabama will face is either ours or OM's....we have had some trouble defending the pass, while they have had some trouble stopping the run between the tackles. But let's not act like OM doesn't have a very good defense.....they held Memphis to 104 total yards last night, which is insanely good, and they have shut down every offense they have faced.

RC3
09-28-2014, 08:19 PM
The way he phrased it "by far" is absurd. Ole miss hasn't played a team with a pulse yet. Before we go off claiming that they are the best in the country, let's see them actually play a game. Fwiw, I do think they have a very good D

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Yea, I was assuming he meant, "the best so far"....if he meant "the best they will face this season BY FAR", he's the same ole dope.

RC3
09-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Yea, I was assuming he meant, "the best so far"....if he meant "the best they will face this season BY FAR", he's the same ole dope.

I'm pretty sure he meant that they are the best bama will face all year

messageboardsuperhero
09-28-2014, 08:48 PM
I went to the Memphis game with a guy from work (I usually go to one every year with him while we're off. He's a good guy and has pretty badass seats in their endzone club level). Here's the deal with UM:

Their defense is fast as hell- I mean almost as fast as those great LSU defenses from a couple of years ago. Their safety play is outstanding, and D. Nkemdiche and Bryant are both playmakers at LB who can get behind the LOS and make things happen. UM's D-Line is very good- not quite as good the SEC's elite DLs (ie, ours or Bama's), but they are still really solid and fast.

All that being said about their D, they have yet to see a grown man running game try ramming it down their throats for four quarters. And when a team actually committed to the run against them, ULL had a lot of success running it right at them and negating their speed somewhat. Memphis was dumb ass hell for trying to run it east and west against them time after time last night. We'll see how they handle the Bama run this Saturday. Personally, I think their front holds its own against Yeldon/Henry in the first half- but they will wear down as the game goes on.

Offensively, they have some problems. Pretty much everyone around us watching the game agreed that UM just absolutely cannot score unless it comes off an explosive play (ie, 20+ yards)- which is problematic, because Bama just doesn't give up big plays. Their OL is what we thought they were- pure garbage outside of Tunsil. UM's backs are fast, but can't get tough yards between the tackles against Memphis/ULL, let alone Bama. And if bad Bo shows up, they don't have a chance against any above average SEC team.

sandwolf
09-28-2014, 09:13 PM
The way he phrased it "by far" is absurd. Ole miss hasn't played a team with a pulse yet. Before we go off claiming that they are the best in the country, let's see them actually play a game. Fwiw, I do think they have a very good D

Yea, fair enough. I agree with all of that.

Dawgfan77
09-29-2014, 05:44 AM
One more point to make. That DL has not faced a good OL yet. Sure they shut down Mem but let's not act like Memphis is a great OL. Depth and size will rear it's head starting Saturday when Bama just starts running it down there throats. Then Womack will walk prewit up and Kiffin will call a play action and hit cooper for a big game. So then Womack will start corner and safety blitzes ala joe lee and Simms and those backs will have a field day. One more point if dr Bo and that offense struggled against the Memphis D how will they do against Bama?