PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry, but these folks have gotten out of hand...

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Freeze Tweets: "It's a beautiful day in one of America's most beautiful college towns. Great day to worship! God is good. Did I Mention, GAMEDAY IS COMING!!"

Response from OM Fan:

"@CoachHughFreeze Great job fighting for Your team last night. You Looked like Peter with his sword working on the linesman's ear!"

defiantdog
09-28-2014, 03:49 PM
Derrick Henry is going to hurt Freeze's soul on Saturday

msstate7
09-28-2014, 03:51 PM
@coachhughfreeze will God raise you guys from the grave on Sunday bc bama is certainly gonna crucify you.

DancingRabbit
09-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Someone should tweet him about his disciples "laying on of hands" last night

starkvegasdawg
09-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Someone should tweet him about his disciples "laying on of hands" last night
Sure they were speaking in tongues too.

HailState39110
09-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Freeze Tweets: "It's a beautiful day in one of America's most beautiful college towns. Great day to worship! God is good. Did I Mention, GAMEDAY IS COMING!!"

Response from OM Fan:

"@CoachHughFreeze Great job fighting for Your team last night. You Looked like Peter with his sword working on the linesman's ear!"

next year's Rebel Club meeting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdBDuvthRAQ

shoeless joe
09-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Man oh man...really tryin not to bash but dang he opens hisself up for criticism.

gravedigger
09-28-2014, 05:30 PM
I hope those of you that distrust Christianity understand that this behavior is not in any way a representation of Christ's message.

Freeze is defining the biblical term " the Lord's name in vain".

I stink at representing Christ, but what he is doing is intentionally blasfamous.

I'm sure he's no worse of a person in Gods eyes than I. But this stuff makes me sick.

thf24
09-28-2014, 05:36 PM
I hope those of you that distrust Christianity understand that this behavior is not in any way a representation of Christ's message.

I stink at representing Christ, but what he is doing is intentionally blasfamous.

I'm sure he's no worse of a person in Gods eyes than I. But this stuff makes me sick.

I've never been able to decide whether it's more blasphemous or egomaniacal to think God or any other deity is supporting you and your sports team over other teams who believe in the same thing.

IMissJack
09-28-2014, 06:02 PM
My father has been a Baptist Preacher for over 50 years, mostly in MS. I've heard him say many times that God gets blamed for a lot of things that He didn't have anything to do with.

DancingRabbit
09-28-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm certainly not a good Christian, but according to Matthew ...

6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 07:06 PM

I agree with every word you said. Well put.

Dawgcentral
09-28-2014, 07:22 PM
It's tough to point fingers. It's not easy to be a witness for Christ.

But I'll tell you this. Freeze is responsible for the behavior of his players, just as an employer is responsible for the behavior of his/her employees. I'm not talking about the brawl from The OM sidelines this weekend. I'm talking about the recruiting methods, the beach incident with little Kimdichee, and other offenses that are either ignored or lightly addressed by the OM staff. The behavior online from that Kiffin fella is another thing that was never addressed publicly.

Some will read this and call it pot and kettle, and it's difficult to control your player's behavior. But we seen in the past a systematic loss of discipline and control within our own program, so it's easy to see the signs. Praying loudly from the street corners only makes it more offensive.

The "We'll have to love on them" comments are sickening.

hells bells
09-28-2014, 07:23 PM

Response from OM Fan:

I have been invited to a Bear Friends house for a big shin dig Saturday at 1:30 pm. They know I am a Dog. Christmas should come early for me in October, and they are giddy.

IMissJack
09-28-2014, 08:01 PM
I have been invited to a Bear Friends house for a big shin dig Saturday at 1:30 pm. They know I am a Dog. Christmas should come early for me in October, and they are giddy.

Stay humble and enjoy is all I can say...

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 08:03 PM

I would recommend driving to meridian and picking up one of these...

https://img1.etsystatic.com/015/0/7787537/il_340x270.436953757_e9po.jpg

And wearing it with this....

http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/236x/5a/2c/2e/5a2c2ee7e05af41273745b707b1a8b5b.jpg

Jack Lambert
09-28-2014, 10:09 PM
I've never been able to decide whether it's more blasphemous or egomaniacal to think God or any other deity is supporting you and your sports team over other teams who believe in the same thing.

I think it is a sin to insert religion into sports other then to ask him for pertection from injuries.

FlabLoser
09-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Even when he isn't praying "May God bless the Ole Miss Rebels" in front of his team, he is still acting like a preacher. Check out his rhythms and inflections in his speaking. Just like a preacher.

When he isn't directly tying Ole Miss Football on the side of God, he is implying it or drawing from religious emotions. That's sick.

http://youtu.be/wr7FhVS3CkU

FlabLoser
09-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Here you go..

http://youtu.be/yaLxZilaaic

Be faithful

Attack the opponent as David attacking Goliath.

The Rebels can do all things through Christ who strengthens them.

And may God bless the Rebels.

That's just not right. Borderline cult-ish.

Todd4State
09-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Here you go..

http://youtu.be/yaLxZilaaic

Be faithful

Attack the opponent as David attacking Goliath.

The Rebels can do all things through Christ who strengthens them.

And may God bless the Rebels.

That's just not right. Borderline cult-ish.

I'm pretty sure that throwing stones with a slingshot at the other team is a personal foul.

msstate7
09-28-2014, 10:53 PM
I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.? (*Genesis‬ *12‬:*3‬ NKJV)

Freeze explains that God really wasn't talking about Israel here. It was really ole miss. We better watch talking about freeze and om***

Really though I find freeze's idea of a God that is a rebel fan repulsive. Mr freeze, God loves everyone and your enemies aren't God's enemies

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure that throwing stones with a slingshot at the other team is a personal foul.

Is that targeting?

Coach 57
09-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Not this crap again! Goodness gracious!

Look I'm not going to spew off into a tangent here but allow me a little lee way. Our nation is a dumpster fire, plain & simple. The reason? Men haven't "girded up thier loins" and been MEN. Our country does not have MEN like they did. In most part of being idle & passing the buck. My job (and I'm pulling on all you guy's man card who CLAIM to be Christians) is to preach the good news gospel. If the only God you hear, read about, or listen to in a 7 day week is only on Sunday and you live like you've got hell in you Mon-Sat then you my friend need to shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to have a chat with you. Because you are "playing" Christian. Like the little t-ball teams. They LOOK like baseball players, they have the same positions as baseball players and even have the same equipment. But they are "PLAYING" (or pretending to be) baseball players. The second an 80+ mph baseball zings by them they'll be filling up their diapers! Is Freeze also doing this? I don't know Hugh Freeze personally. So I don't know if he is or is not. But to assume God doesn't "care" about the outcome of an endeavor (game) is absolutely silly. I live my life in FULL governing to scripture! So don't take my word for it, take THE WORD for it. Jeremiah 29:11 says "know that I have PLANS for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future & a hope." Now I know contextually that scripture is meant for God's nation who was in all sorts of trouble at the time but any father worth his salt has "plans" for his kid. So I tell you the GREATEST Father who loves more than any has the same for you or I. Now just like in my home, I have plans for my son to be ____or _____ but he has to make his decisions.

Is Freeze over the top sometimes? Yes sometimes I think he is. But you can't get all fired up he uses a bible verse or a prayer. And it ain't "blasphemous" either. Blasphemy (only UNforgiveable sin) is giving the enemy (Satan) credit for something God did (see John 7). But almost all Christian football coaches do this. I've once with 7 games left (including playoffs) took the team on opposing or home field and marched around that sucker one time no matter what the weather was (once in the freezing rain) and had planned on that 7th being at the state championship. We were going to march around that thing 7 times. And on that 7th time stop, blow the horns and give out a war cry for victory (Josh 6)! But we didn't get that far, we got eliminated early. But it doesn't matter, we (as coaches) did it to teach the kids an awesome story of a tremendous man of faith in Joshua. And no we weren't a Christian school. It just wasn't His will for us to go to the championship. But you know what? Those kids had so much fun LEARNING about that story and about God. We are all still very tight. We did things at that school in 5 years that hasn't been done in over 50yrs. God DID bless us and continues to bless me today.

RougeDawg
09-28-2014, 11:56 PM

Look I'm not going to spew off into a tangent here but allow me a little lee way. Our nation is a dumpster fire, plain & simple. The reason? Men haven't "girded up thier loins" and been MEN. Our country does not have MEN like they did. In most part of being idle & passing the buck. My job (and I'm pulling on all you guy's man card who CLAIM to be Christians) is to preach the good news gospel. If the only God you hear, read about, or listen to in a 7 day week is only on Sunday and you live like you've got hell in you Mon-Sat then you my friend need to shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to have a chat with you. Because you are "playing" Christian. Like the little t-ball teams. They LOOK like baseball players, they have the same positions as baseball players and even have the same equipment. But they are "PLAYING" (or pretending to be) baseball players. The second an 80+ mph baseball zings by them they'll be filling up their diapers! Is Freeze also doing this? I don't know Hugh Freeze personally. So I don't know if he is or is not. But to assume God doesn't "care" about the outcome of an endeavor (game) is absolutely silly. I live my life in FULL governing to scripture! So don't take my word for it, take THE WORD for it. Jeremiah 29:11 says "know that I have PLANS for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future & a hope." Now I know contextually that scripture is meant for God's nation who was in all sorts of trouble at the time but any father worth his salt has "plans" for his kid. So I tell you the GREATEST Father who loves more than any has the same for you or I. Now just like in my home, I have plans for my son to be ____or _____ but he has to make his decisions.

Is Freeze over the top sometimes? Yes sometimes I think he is. But you can't get all fired up he uses a bible verse or a prayer. And it ain't "blasphemous" either. Blasphemy (only UNforgiveable sin) is giving the enemy (Satan) credit for something God did (see John 7). But almost all Christian football coaches do this. I've once with 7 games left (including playoffs) took the team on opposing or home field and marched around that sucker one time no matter what the weather was (once in the freezing rain) and had planned on that 7th being at the state championship. We were going to march around that thing 7 times. And on that 7th time stop, blow the horns and give out a war cry for victory (Josh 6)! But we didn't get that far, we got eliminated early. But it doesn't matter, we (as coaches) did it to teach the kids an awesome story of a tremendous man of faith in Joshua. And no we weren't a Christian school. It just wasn't His will for us to go to the championship. But you know what? Those kids had so much fun LEARNING about that story and about God. We are all still very tight. We did things at that school in 5 years that hasn't been done in over 50yrs. God DID bless us and continues to bless me today.

And once again, no one is bashing Bucky attempting to spread the word. Its his hypocritical bullshit that people have an issue with. He spews bible verses left and right, telling others how to live their lives, while he doesn't walk the walk that he talks. That is the issue. He approves of and condones sinful acts of his players, and never holds them accountable. There are numerous incidents where Hypocritical Hugh displays this. That is the issue. He is very Jimmy Swaggart'esque to all who are paying attention to him.

cheewgumm
09-28-2014, 11:57 PM
God obviously loves Alabama.

BossDawg
09-29-2014, 12:14 AM
And once again, no one is bashing Bucky attempting to spread the word. Its his hypocritical bullshit that people have an issue with. He spews bible verses left and right, telling others how to live their lives, while he doesn't walk the walk that he talks. That is the issue. He approves of and condones sinful acts of his players, and never holds them accountable. There are numerous incidents where Hypocritical Hugh displays this. That is the issue. He is very Jimmy Swaggart'esque to all who are paying attention to him.

Exactly. In simpler terms, he uses his Christianity as a crutch to get away with a lot of things. He USES it as a tool when it's is convenient for him, and I personally know dozens of people who do the same thing.

Coach 57
09-29-2014, 05:39 AM
If you are referring to when he told a recruit's (Richie Brown's I think) folks that he "feared for his soul" if he comes to MSU. Do we KNOW that he didn't? I mean I understand that he COULD HAVE just not wanted Richie here, but are you sure he doesn't? Again I don't know Hugh. He may be the type to put on a show in front of people. I understand that, but before I can judge I must do so RIGHTLY. If I see a brother in Christ who I know is married groping a woman that's not his wife (and am truly faithful to my wife), I then am bound by scripture to LOVINGLY (key) judge him. But if I just hear about it without actually seeing it, I am judging falsely. I don't know what he's done & what he hasn't. Otherwise I know that God will judge Him as He DID see & also sees the heart as well. He's the only PERFECT judge, one who never sinned (important not to have the log in your eye as I said before about being TRULEY faithful to my wife) and yet sees & knows all. I can't base my opinion on hear say.

FlabLoser
09-29-2014, 05:58 AM
In the first link I posted, Hugh says they play out of love and not hate. In the 2nd video he says to go out and hurt the other team.

It's not the violence I object to. It is the hypocrisy.

bulldogcountry1
09-29-2014, 07:12 AM
I can't say how authentic he is with everything, but I do know he is saying all the right things that thier fans want to hear. He's doing it in such a way that distracts them from what actually happens on the field, especially when they get beat. That way, he can always fall back on recruiting, Game Day, that campus, love, and God. The fans just eat it all up...for now.

thunderclap
09-29-2014, 07:59 AM
I can't say how authentic he is with everything, but I do know he is saying all the right things that thier fans want to hear. He's doing it in such a way that distracts them from what actually happens on the field, especially when they get beat. That way, he can always fall back on recruiting, Game Day, that campus, love, and God. The fans just eat it all up...for now.

We will see how much they want to hear it by the end of October. I imagine that relationship will be a little different by then.

RougeDawg
09-29-2014, 08:27 AM
If you are referring to when he told a recruit's (Richie Brown's I think) folks that he "feared for his soul" if he comes to MSU. Do we KNOW that he didn't? I mean I understand that he COULD HAVE just not wanted Richie here, but are you sure he doesn't? Again I don't know Hugh. He may be the type to put on a show in front of people. I understand that, but before I can judge I must do so RIGHTLY. If I see a brother in Christ who I know is married groping a woman that's not his wife (and am truly faithful to my wife), I then am bound by scripture to LOVINGLY (key) judge him. But if I just hear about it without actually seeing it, I am judging falsely. I don't know what he's done & what he hasn't. Otherwise I know that God will judge Him as He DID see & also sees the heart as well. He's the only PERFECT judge, one who never sinned (important not to have the log in your eye as I said before about being TRULEY faithful to my wife) and yet sees & knows all. I can't base my opinion on hear say.

Would you believe it if Richie actually told it to your face? I've seen and heard the exact words come directly from Richie's mouth. Bucky told him exactly what you have heard. I'm not sure why Richie would make that up, and you haven't seen Bucky refute the accusation like he does all others. I will believe what a guy of Richie's character tells me until he proves otherwise, plus all signs point at one conclusion about the false prophet freezus.

Have you not also seen the video of the Beav attempting to go after his own fan in the stands, yet preaches to his players to "turn thy cheek"? He fears for others souls going elsewhere, but condones anti gay slurs, fighting, and recruiting parties at the library? He publicly calls out his own commits/players for leaving and/or decomitting, yet goes after other teams players? This is the hypocrisy that is plain as day for most of us to see. Shall I continue to point out the hypocrisy that is Hugh Freeze, or are you able to see where we are all coming from on this?

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2014, 08:33 AM
If Freeze really is using Ole Miss football to sell Christ then more power to him. If he is using Christ to sell Ole Miss football then ...........well. I'm not going to judge him, but God will.

shoeless joe
09-29-2014, 08:45 AM
If Freeze really is using Ole Miss football to sell Christ then more power to him. If he is using Christ to sell Ole Miss football then ...........well. I'm not going to judge him, but God will.

Sums up the discussion perfectly

CadaverDawg
09-29-2014, 09:30 AM

Coach, I'm not sure where the disconnect is with you on this. Most of us are Christians, and nobody....and I mean nobody....is saying anything negative about Freeze sharing God's word. That's not what this is about, yet you seem to always go on a rant about people bashing Freeze about his faith, when nobody is doing that.

You seem like a good Christian man, and several of us are Christians. Doesn't mean we agree with fans acting like their Coach is a disciple fighting with the army of God when he is cussing out a referee. There are many, MANY, Christians that don't like for God to be made a mockery of, and that's what Freeze and his "followers" do sometimes.

I am all for him sharing God's word....but God's word isn't "Hotty Toddy, Beat Bama!" Is it? Because he tries to tie in Ole miss to God's word a lot.

So again, let's not get all riled up and lose the point of what people are saying. It's not a blasting of Christianity....FAR from it actually. It's actually defending Christian beliefs and not liking our beliefs made a mockery of. I think you may be misunderstanding where people are coming from. What YOU described is yourself sharing Christ through your platform as a head coach, and I love that.......what FREEZE does quite often though, is try to sell Ole miss football by using Christ. Big difference.

Liverpool's post sums it up perfectly. Many see what Freeze does as him selling Ole miss football through Christ, not selling Christ through football....and taking advantage of God and using him for material gain should not be highly looked upon by any Christian. Now, our judgement of him for it can be questioned because we aren't supposed to judge, so I can agree on that...but the points we're discussing are so far from what you are getting so fired up about.

Just thought I would try to clear up some things

Coach 57
09-29-2014, 09:32 AM
RougeDawg, have you ever heard of John from the Bible? He often called himself Jesus favorite apostle. He was a pretty important person in scripture. He's the ONLY apostle to have both a gospel & 4 epistles (1 John, 2nd John, 3rd John & he wrote the book Revelations). In Luke 9:51-56 there's a little encounter John & James (John's brother) have. Long and short they had a temper problem. Jesus referred to them as the "sons of thunder". It wasn't a good thing to be called btw. It was a rebuke much like the one Jesus issues to them in the verses I pointed out. I'm not saying I am condoning Freeze's temper tyraid with the fan (yes I've seen it). But what I am saying is that we ALL are evil, everyone. And we all need God's grace. The difference is when you proclaim that you are a disciple of Christ the microscope of your life (to the outside world) gets even more scrutinized. I love Hugh Freeze as much as I love YOU. Any and every one of you guys. And as far as Richie Brown is concerned, I'm sure he is a wonderful young man. He seems to have great moral fiber (from what I've seen) and I'm not discrediting him or his word at all. But I as a man of God can NOT judge and judge RIGHTLY without seeing the act commited.

RougeDawg
09-29-2014, 09:44 AM
RougeDawg, have you ever heard of John from the Bible? He often called himself Jesus favorite apostle. He was a pretty important person in scripture. He's the ONLY apostle to have both a gospel & 4 epistles (1 John, 2nd John, 3rd John & he wrote the book Revelations). In Luke 9:51-56 there's a little encounter John & James (John's brother) have. Long and short they had a temper problem. Jesus referred to them as the "sons of thunder". It wasn't a good thing to be called btw. It was a rebuke much like the one Jesus issues to them in the verses I pointed out. I'm not saying I am condoning Freeze's temper tyraid with the fan (yes I've seen it). But what I am saying is that we ALL are evil, everyone. And we all need God's grace. The difference is when you proclaim that you are a disciple of Christ the microscope of your life (to the outside world) gets even more scrutinized. I love Hugh Freeze as much as I love YOU. Any and every one of you guys. And as far as Richie Brown is concerned, I'm sure he is a wonderful young man. He seems to have great moral fiber (from what I've seen) and I'm not discrediting him or his word at all. But I as a man of God can NOT judge and judge RIGHTLY without seeing the act commited.

Yes, I know the bible. We are talking about the hypocrisy of a football coach who uses the Bible as a smoke screen. There are also similar stories to the RBrown one from the kid that signed with Auburn and somewhere else. Based on how he used religion in every other aspect, what evidence do you have that he wouldn't do something like this? Everything we know points to one conclustion. There are too many similar stories and incidents involving Hugh for one to truly believe he is who he projects himself to be. I know I sin, but I'm not out telling others what they should and shouldn't do,how they should be living their lives, because I would not be backing up the talk. I do not preach something and then act another way. That is what we are saying and that is what I and many other Christians see as wrong.

I respect your views and opinions, but me personally, I cannot let myself believe a person is who they say they are if they don't walk their talk. It just boils down to that.

CadaverDawg
09-29-2014, 09:52 AM
This thread has taken a turn into a political discussion. Closed.