PDA

View Full Version : Ok coaches, and armchair coaches, Based on what you've seen from A&M....

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 02:22 PM
How would YOU gameplan to stop their offense. Be as detailed as you'd like, because I for one love the X's and O's from guys like 34, 57, and the like.

This A&M team looks to pass a lot more than the Manziel teams did, and of course a lot of that is due to Hill being less of a runner than Johnny Manziel.

So how do we stop them? And What are you expecting to see from Collins?

Reason2succeed
09-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Defensively tell your safeties not to help in run support. We only need them defending the pass in this game. Let the front seven handle the A&M running attack. Rotate the DL on uncompleted passes and keep the pass rush fresh.

On offense RTGDFB. Let the run open up the pass and scorch them.

codeDawg
09-28-2014, 02:40 PM
The key to beating this team is pressure on Hill and solid man-to-man coverage on the corners. Give him time and he's going to hit deep. I agree with Reason2succeed. There no reason for safeties to be active in run support. They need to make sure nobody gets behind them. We need Cox back and healthy. The secondary is going to be running track all day.

On offense we need to be punishing on the ground with our ball control offense. The D will need some big breathers. We can mix is up better than the piggies did, so I expect us to have more success in the 2nd half after A&M makes adjustments.

Coach 57
09-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Honestly it's really not THAT difficult of a game plan. The difference between what Arky did Vs everybody else that aTm played was Arky played man to man/ man press & everybody else didn't. Arky's CBs aren't as good as ours, they do have a really good safety in #26. Our defensive line is better than theirs is. Our LBs are better as well. We have yet to really be in a nickel package yet either. I feel we will get more pressure on Hill than they did. Plus I've watched him and you can tell Arky coached their DL to pay attention to his tendencies. He almost immediately flows to his right every time he feels pressure, plus when their WRs are covered he goes immediately to his right. Plus he lowers his head WAY too much when he runs (it's going to get him hurt). They lost their home run hitter at RB (#1) yesterday too. I wonder if he's coming back in our game. So we'll need to run the football, not get caught up in trying match play for play with them and use our home field advantage to our favor. I think we absolutely can defeat them at home. I knew Arky would expose them between their tackles and plus #23 for them (safety) looked very scared to come down & tackle Collins. Had he made those 4 tackles yesterday they would've been up very nicely. But he's a weak link in their defense that we can expose.