PDA

View Full Version : About this prevent defense crap...

Offshore Dawg
09-28-2014, 01:31 PM
After watching College football final today it seems that every time a team only rushed 3, The QB had plenty of time to find a receiver and make a play. Some ended in touchdowns and wins. Now I ask, why do defensive coaches keep doing this stupid shit. Seems that the only thing a prevent defense does is prevent you from winning.

msstate7
09-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Did you see aTm burn arkansas at the end of regulation?

thf24
09-28-2014, 01:43 PM
It's mind-boggling to me. The pass rush is the #1 factor in stopping the pass. There isn't a corner in football who can cover a decent receiver indefinitely, and QB's may as well have that much time to throw against a 3-man rush barring a breakdown by the o-line. The only situations prevent makes any sense to me are those in which the offense has a long field to drive with 15-20 seconds or less on the clock, maybe a little more if they don't have any timeouts. If you're so worried about getting burned by long passes in the same defense you've been playing all game when you know they're coming, then you're probably not winning.

Mjoelner34
09-28-2014, 01:47 PM
I just know that if we rush 3 and give Hill time to throw, we'll have to score 70.

BulldogBear
09-28-2014, 01:52 PM
I just know that if we rush 3 and give Hill time to throw, we'll have to score 70.

This is why I balk at any mention of doing a 3 man front against them. Yeah let's do like SC***

yjnkdawg
09-28-2014, 01:55 PM
If any decent passing college quarterback has time to throw and little or no rush, he can normally find a receiver.

starkvegasdawg
09-28-2014, 01:57 PM

I want him having nightmares of Smith and Jones Saturday night. I want him under so much pressure he almost turns into a diamond.

Intramural All-American
09-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Unless your 3 lineman are JJ Watt, Mario Williams, and Justin Smith, you should never use the 3 man rush.