PDA

View Full Version : One thing people need to remember about the last time we played CA

Coach34
05-27-2013, 12:25 PM
it was cold and that series was played in front of only a few thousand

This time it will be warm- and there will be 10K-plus screaming fans. We gonna show them what it like to play big boy ball

Todd4State
05-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Yeah, and they won't get to face Evan Mitchell either or have to face a guy with a broken arm in extra innings.

Ronny
05-27-2013, 12:38 PM
..Central Arkansas beat us before we went on to sweep Kentucky.

We have not had good fortune with this team.

I think it sucks they are in our regional. They are the thorn in our baseball paw.

Cohen will remind the team we are 1-3 vs. Central Arkansas going back to last year.

Hope that reminder is the secret ingredient to getting mentally prepared to win a baseball game against a squad that has our number.

CadaverDawg
05-27-2013, 12:43 PM
I agree, Ronny.

Had we swept UCA this year AND beaten South Alabama like we did....our team could have very well sleep walked into this Regional. But by losing to UCA, we will not be able to relax, and I think we will dominate this Regional.

Also, There is not a pitcher in our Regional that is better than Belcher from USC and Pecararo from Vandy...and we hit both of them pretty well.

FFF
05-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Another thing to remember, too, is our lineup and rotation have solidified since we last played UCA. Just like SE Louisiana, we have zero excuse to sIeep on any of these teams. If we play ball like we did against South Carolina (Sunday and SECT), they don't stand a chance.

We took 2 of 3 against mercer last year, even while they were jacking homeruns out of the park.

We are very familiar with all these teams. None of these teams should scare us, but our team has no excuse to not be prepared to play against any of us. Top to bottom, we have the most balanced regional and that's why it seems tough, to me.

Sandman14
05-28-2013, 02:26 AM
Well what other regionals would be tougher to get out of than the one we have, aside from the regionals of the top 10 seeds?

Hump4Hoops
05-28-2013, 07:10 AM
I see us blowing the doors off of UCA. The good thing about having so many mid majors in our regional is that they tend to have a bigger drop off in the pitching rotation than your average major conference team. We don't need to save anyone for any particular matchup.