PDA

View Full Version : Moved to 14 in the Coaches Poll

Coach34
09-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Ole Missus holds fast at 11 after their huge win

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/

MetEdDawg
09-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Georgia got more votes this week than they did last week after a craptastic performance against UT. Not sure how that happened. Would love to play them on a neutral field. We would destroy them. They aren't better than we are and the only reason they are ahead of us is because they were preseason ranked.

HoopsDawg
09-28-2014, 11:29 AM
I don't have a huge problem with this poll. I think A&M should be ahead of Baylor. UGA should be 16th, not 12th. Ole Miss should probably be 15th, not 11. Other than that, not too bad.

PassInterference
09-28-2014, 11:31 AM
I see us doing better in the AP. Us Elitedawgs identified and contacted some AP voters who were ignorant of our achievements vs LSU. Those folks are going to move us up. So I see us going up a couple spots in the AP.

And since the AP has a slightly better view of reality than the coach's poll, I see Ole Miss might drop a spot or to there.

I'm guessing the AP has us within a spot or two of each other.

Political Hack
09-28-2014, 11:37 AM
win this week and we'll move up to #9 at worst.

missouridawg
09-28-2014, 11:49 AM
win this week and we'll move up to #9 at worst.

If we beat two top10 teams, there is no resume in the country better than ours. Top 5 should be our worst, but I get that we probably won't jump that high cause the voters will find more reasons to hold us back (LSU and aTm are down and didn't deserve their rankings) than push us forward.

FlabLoser
09-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Around #5 or so its against the law to move a team down if they don't lose.

Which makes no sense. But its a rule. Somewhere.

starkvegasdawg
09-28-2014, 12:04 PM
Who notices lsu's jump after beating another cupcake? Now right behind us.

TUSK
09-28-2014, 12:23 PM
I think both MSU and Bammer are ranked a bit too low...

PassInterference
09-28-2014, 01:24 PM
I see us doing better in the AP. Us Elitedawgs identified and contacted some AP voters who were ignorant of our achievements vs LSU. Those folks are going to move us up. So I see us going up a couple spots in the AP.

And since the AP has a slightly better view of reality than the coach's poll, I see Ole Miss might drop a spot or to there.

I'm guessing the AP has us within a spot or two of each other.

BOOM

Ole Miss is 11th, falling a spot after "a win is a win"

MSU moved to 2 spots to 12th, as a few voters got back to reality.

yjnkdawg
09-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Most, who vote, probably just look at scores and possibly some stats or headlines, and probably don't even know what OM did or didn't do last night. Some, who were voting, were probably clueless on what actually happened and assumed OM just took care of business, per the final score.

RougeDawg
09-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Most, who vote, probably just look at scores and possibly some stats or headlines, and probably don't even know what OM did or didn't do last night. Some, who were voting, were probably clueless on what actually happened and assumed OM just took care of business, per the final score.

This is perfectly fine with me. It'll make this week that much more difficult for those delusional bastards to stomach in the grove.