PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Offense

steeldawg
09-28-2014, 10:56 AM
After looking at some numbers, check this out. Through the air, 1300 yards on the season. On the ground, less than 1/3 that number. Also, through 4 cupcakes, they YET to have a rusher have 200 yards ON THE SEASON... Walton with 199, mathers 151... The rest aren't close. Where is that bruising running attack booger McFarland promised we'd see? Of note, bro Wallace has 7 rushing yards... On the season.

Also, it's real easy to make a defense look good running a bunch of safety and corner blitzes on obvious misdirection plays. Safeties and corners were making tackles all the run plays last night. Anyone else notice? I sure did.

They'll keep the hype train going strong until bama shuts them down again next week.

Political Hack
09-28-2014, 11:00 AM
they won't run the ball in the sec and Wallace doesn't have the arm to carry them being one dimensional.

They'd better hope that defense is as good as they think it is.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 11:05 AM
they won't run the ball in the sec and Wallace doesn't have the arm to carry them being one dimensional.

This is my feelings as well.

Defense can carry you a long way, ask Croom and McCorvey...but it has to be a damn good defense. I think Ole miss has a good defense, but it's not the type of defense that I feel is able to carry you through a SEC slate. I may be wrong though. Typically it's a big physical D with lots of depth that can carry a load when the offense isn't good....I see a small speedy defense with no depth when I look at OM. Again, they're good....but 1) how good are they vs good teams?, and 2) can they keep it up for 12 games?

TrapGame
09-28-2014, 11:06 AM
ole miss offense, at this point that's an oxymoron.

I hear Bo Wallace has been nominated for the Vagisil QB of the Year award.

Coach34
09-28-2014, 11:09 AM
ULL averaged 5 ypc vs them but couldnt take advantage. SEC teams will. Hell, Bama has the SEC's best WR to go with a rushing attack better than ULL's

They struggle running the ball- and it's going to catch up with them in just 6 short days

MetEdDawg
09-28-2014, 11:17 AM
ULL averaged 5 ypc vs them but couldnt take advantage. SEC teams will. Hell, Bama has the SEC's best WR to go with a rushing attack better than ULL's

They struggle running the ball- and it's going to catch up with them in just 6 short days

All of this. OM can't run the football and they aren't a TAMU type team that can still score a bunch of points in the air to compensate. Bama's defense is going to clamp them down hard because the one thing elite defenses love is a team that is one dimensional on offense not because of talent but because of necessity.

Bama will do whatever they want on defense because of that. Rush four and get pressure. Stop the run with 4 or 5. Blitz 6 and get in Bo's face. Drop 8 and make Bo run it and get his bell rung. OM can't beat good teams to the outside and they can't out muscle you inside.

They very well could go 0-5 in this next stretch because UT isn't a push over. They've got a pulse and they are sandwiched right in the middle of a 5 game stretch of Bama, @TAMU, UT, @LSU, Auburn. I'm not sure they've got the depth or ability to get through there with a win. And they still have to play us and Arkansas. Struggle with Boise and you can accept it's a fluke. Struggle again with Memphis and now it's a pattern of problems.

TUSK
09-28-2014, 11:19 AM

Don't forget this guy, Coach...

we been "hiding" him:

http://gifsforum.com/gif_generator/gif_created/b467f8fb67ea10ba0e528e29f3f750fd.gif?1411921068691

godlluB
09-28-2014, 11:41 AM
When you are running trick plays in the first quarter against Memphis, it doesn't bode well for your success against the Fighting Sabans.

starkvegasdawg
09-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Against the bears a bend but don't break defensive style makes sense to me. If you regularly make them have to put together 10-15 play drives to score odds are CBS will screw something up to kill the drive almost every time. Any pressure you can get with your front 4 only adds to those odds.

preachermatt83
09-28-2014, 01:10 PM

+1