PDA

View Full Version : What are you seeing from A&M boards so far? Here's a few...

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 10:24 AM
"MSU has a good front 7 but not overly big".

Huh?

"We are going to make that 250 lb MLB run wind sprints"

Good point, we may see a lot more Wells, Jackson, and ? At LB together next week.

And of course..."They gave up 34 to UAB and 29 to LSU, so they won't be able to stop us"

"We match up much better with MSU than we did Arkansas"

"They run a Spread option with a lot more option in it"

Wut?

"Their offense is a very similar style to Rice's offense"

Face palm

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Would imagine we see a lot more bmack, wells, and five DBs. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson get lots of snaps. He made some good plays in the pass game against UAB that I can remember. Bmack is too valuable in the blitz and run stop to take out very much to stop the pass. If anything, we will run 3 down with Preston over the center to keep McKinney on the field

I seen it dawg
09-28-2014, 10:30 AM
We are going to see tortuous hell pain inflicted on their soft ass is what we are going to see.

msstate7
09-28-2014, 10:32 AM
IMO you don't take an NFL lb off the field. I just pray hill runs next week. BM will destroy him. Hill runs like TR. He always seems to take a big hit bc he's so uncoordinated

I seen it dawg
09-28-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm confident our defense will be just fine.

msstate7
09-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Up until yesterday, I thought the biggest advantage would be their offense vs our defense. I've changed my mind. Our offense will dominate this game. They can't stop the run without 8 in the box and then they can't stop pass

TrapGame
09-28-2014, 10:50 AM
With the multiple weapons we have on offense (see that Bo Bounds?) A&M's defense will be hard pressed to stop us. Dak is better than Kenny Hill and it's gonna be blatantly obvious Saturday. Our defense will be the best they've faced thus far and Kenny Hill will be pressured like nothing he's seen yet.

BulldogDX55
09-28-2014, 10:53 AM
With the multiple weapons we have on offense (see that Bo Bounds?) A&M's defense will be hard pressed to stop us. Dak is better than Kenny Hill and it's gonna be blatantly obvious Saturday. Our defense will be the best they've faced thus far and Kenny Hill will be pressured like nothing he's seen yet.

This.

I am confident that ESPN will play this up as a battle between the two best QB's in the SEC. Dak will get even more press when it becomes obvious what the answer to this question is.

Political Hack
09-28-2014, 10:55 AM
it's going to be an ugly wake up call for them.

Offshore Dawg
09-28-2014, 11:23 AM

Hack I do hope that you are right, Dawgs win this and I think Bama will be all that stands in the way of getting to Atlanta.

defiantdog
09-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Too bad McKinney has great closing speed and a 40 inch vertical. Not to mention we have a cheetah as an OLB. If our db's hold their own, our defense should be fine. Richie "The Beard" Brown ain't too bad at MLB either. He destroyed LSU when they tried to run a screen.

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Their 247 board has a thread about Bo or Maty being worse haha. Bo is running away with it

Dawgfan77
09-28-2014, 11:37 AM
To me the question is can we get pressure and stop the run with 4 or 5. We are going to have to drop 6 into coverage or we send some corner blitzes and make sure or lb can cover crossing routs. They are going to move the ball and score but as ark did make them drive the length of the field and get pressure on hill. Ark lost for two reasons 1 ark is one dimensional cannot pass but are really good at running the ball and AM stopped the run and won field position. 2. Ark gave up to many long balls. Got to have safety help deep cannot commit more than 5 to the LOS

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 11:40 AM
I think one of Sumlin's faults as a coach is that he gets very greedy. Yesterday Arkansas was focused on the pass on defense, and allowed big runs when A&M ran it. But A&M barely ran it at all. If Sumlin would have exposed that and forced Arkansas to creep up, their passing game would have been more successful. Does he learn from it? Who knows...but I would rather keep our safeties deep to help out on the deep ball, than have them creeping up to shut down the run. If Sumlin sees it and starts running the ball, that's fine, because he won't do it long bc he's too greedy. And worst case scenario it shortens the game and takes A&M out of their quick strike pace. Just a thought.

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Hope we see lots of market, Hughes and cox playing than Evans and Coman. Those two are great against the run, but seem to struggle against the pass

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Here is their prediction thread. Also, they have a thread called ""Say mean things about MSU" like we typically do about our opponents.....but surprisingly several of their fans are saying they like us.

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2533099

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2014, 01:00 PM
Is this the week we see McKinney at DE? Of Collins is designing a package to get pressure on Hill, that 250 lbs LB, could turn into he'll off the edge.

evan_aggie
09-28-2014, 01:48 PM

I love it when fans get this arrogant and matter-of-fact. It makes thread bumps much more fun..see South Carolina and Arkansas.

By the way, when not playing us, i always root for MSU and feel that our disgust of Univ. Of Texas and Ole Miss are for similar reasons...those wine drinking, tea cookie eating, hoddy toddy, producers of nothing little pricks.

GreenheadDawg
09-28-2014, 01:50 PM
I have come to the realization that every fan base is delusional. Some of those predictions made me laugh

defiantdog
09-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Is this the week we see McKinney at DE? Of Collins is designing a package to get pressure on Hill, that 250 lbs LB, could turn into he'll off the edge.

He played some stand-up DE against LSU

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 02:07 PM
I love it when fans get this arrogant and matter-of-fact. It makes thread bumps much more fun..see South Carolina and Arkansas.

Yea I know, it was great when we bumped LSU's threads too.

And I used to pull for A&M before they joined the SEC, but many of the Aggies have turned in to a cocky bunch that takes after Manziel since joining the league. So I don't pull for you guys anymore. You guys won't pull for us anymore either after Saturday I'm betting.

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 02:25 PM
Pulled for them until I went to our game there and then spent the summer in Houston. One of the most insane and weirdest group I've ever been around. Like, literally insane

RougeDawg
09-28-2014, 02:40 PM

By the way, when not playing us, i always root for MSU and feel that our disgust of Univ. Of Texas and Ole Miss are for similar reasons...those wine drinking, tea cookie eating, hoddy toddy, producers of nothing little pricks.

There's a difference in arrogance and logical well educated conclusions. Based on everything I've seen thus far from A&M and how shitty the East is, I see this one getting out of hand Saturday. A&M is who I thought they were. Arkansas is the bottom of the barrel in the West, period. USC is proving to be inept in all areas. Hack, myself and others are just simply reiterating what has played out thus far in the season. Barring a bulldog turnover fest, this one will get ugly.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 03:11 PM
"MSU played the game of their lives against LSU. That won't happen again. On the other hand the Ags played their worst game. I expect the Ags to come out crisp and on fire on offense. MSU won't know what hit them, much like two years ago."

I always love the old, "you played your best ever in a win while we played our worst" argument. Great, sound, logic there Aggie

Political Hack
09-28-2014, 03:41 PM
and it'll be great when we bump this one. We win by 3 scores. it won't be close.

defiantdog
09-28-2014, 03:56 PM
and it'll be great when we bump this one. We win by 3 scores. it won't be close.

I wish I could be this confident.... damn

cheewgumm
09-28-2014, 03:59 PM
I hope our offense looks at this as we need TDs every drive. I know I should say that every time but especially this one.

Coach34
09-28-2014, 04:02 PM
It's going to be 14 or more. They aint ready

BulldogBear
09-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Ahem.... "smoke and mirrors"

Sumlin: ...ala peanut butter sandwiches!

Saltydog
09-28-2014, 04:27 PM
a few times and see how that works........

evan_aggie
09-28-2014, 04:54 PM

Like someone said earlier...every fan base has their own delusional fans. Even when i said we'd be favored by 4 or 5, I was quick to swing 10 pts after Arkansas and say MSU should be favored by 6.

By the way...TexAgs posters in the freebie section are notoriously idiotic. Most rational posters are in the paid section which weeds out most tshirt fans and numbnuts.

So, you'll win by 3TD right? How about you put your money where your mouth is and put $20 on it with 21 pt spread? I have paypal so it should be easy.

I know how this usually goes. People who talk big arent willing to put a dime on the game because they suddenly realize how dumb that is..

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2014, 05:03 PM
He played some stand-up DE against LSU

Like someone said earlier...every fan base has their own delusional fans. Even when i said we'd be favored by 4 or 5, I was quick to swing 10 pts after Arkansas and say MSU should be favored by 6.

By the way...TexAgs posters in the freebie section are notoriously idiotic. Most rational posters are in the paid section which weeds out most tshirt fans and numbnuts.

So, you'll win by 3TD right? How about you put your money where your mouth is and put $20 on it with 21 pt spread? I have paypal so it should be easy.

I know how this usually goes. People who talk big arent willing to put a dime on the game because they suddenly realize how dumb that is..

Just FYI, the people who said we will by two or more scores are some of the more football knowledgeble posters on this board. They are usually very realistic.

RBritt
09-28-2014, 05:44 PM
We win by 20 plus my ass ain't sleeping until Monday at noon. I sure as hell hope that's the case.

LiterallyPolice
09-28-2014, 05:49 PM

Hell, I'll put $20 on that line. I mean, it's a dumb bet.... But it's $20.

IMissJack
09-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Evan, I (being married to an aggie for 18 yrs and living in Houston) feel like I know the aggie fan base better than most on this board. A&M and MSU have very similar histories and fan bases. In the last 20 years or so with the 10% rule in Texas, I do fee the aggie fan base is changing somewhat (not as many old ags). That being said people, most A&M people I know are as good as any fans I know, and as down to earth. A&M does have some unique traditions that were mostly born out of the Corps of Cadets when it was an all male college. These often seem strange or weird to other schools, but I respect that they have saved them. As far as sports, A&M has been under UT's shadow for the last 100 years, and now that they have left the Big XII, they are stretching their wings a little bit. And, because they have been more successful in SEC Football than most predicted (including their own selves) the most vocal and "crazy" fans have become more vocal. I predict as we win more this year we will too. Compared to TX and OM, give me A&M fans every time.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Evan, I (being married to an aggie and living in Houston) feel like I know the aggie fan base better than most on this board. A&M and MSU have very similar histories and fan bases. In the last 20 years or so with the 10% rule in Texas, I do fee the aggie fan base is changing somewhat (not as many old ags). That being said people, most A&M people I know are as good as any fans I know, and as down to earth. A&M does have some unique traditions that were mostly born out of the Corps of Cadets when it was an all male college. These often seem strange or weird to other schools, but I respect that they have saved them. As far as sports, A&M has been under UT's shadow for the last 100 years, and now that they have left the Big XII, they are stretching their wings a little bit. And, because they have been more successful in SEC Football than most predicted (including their own selves) the most vocal and "crazy" fans have become more vocal. I predict as we win more this year we will too. Compared to TX and OM, give me A&M fans every time.

I wish we had saved our traditions from when we were a military school like TAMU has.

blacklistedbully
09-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Evan, why would anybody accept that bet when they can get a far better line elsewhere. Doesn't matter what they think the score will be.

Now, if you were to offer odds that equal the extra points, then you can get some respect for offering a bet like that. How would you feel about offering 20-1 odds with that 21 points?

evan_aggie
09-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Evan, why would anybody accept that bet when they can get a far better line elsewhere. Doesn't matter what they think the score will be.

Now, if you were to offer odds that equal the extra points, then you can get some respect for offering a bet like that. How would you feel about offering 20-1 odds with that 21 points?

LiterallyPolice just said he'd take that bet, so ask him. Some of you guys are sure you'll win by 21 so why not put money on it. Doing 20 to 1 is basically admitting that you seriously doubt you'll win by 21 plus.

LP, you have paypal?

JDog13
09-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Don't shoot me for this please. Do you really think we can beat A&M? With the way our secondary has played, do you sincerely think we will do it?

TrapGame
09-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Don't shoot me for this please. Do you really think we can beat A&M? With the way our secondary has played, do you sincerely think we will do it?

HAIL YES!

RougeDawg
09-28-2014, 08:01 PM

Did you see one dimensional Ark physically whoop their asses up and down the field yesterday? Their OLine resembled swiss cheese and our Defense is light years ahead of Ark. Plus our Offense can beat you through air or ground.

rec207
09-28-2014, 08:01 PM
I wish we had saved our traditions from when we were a military school like TAMU has.

Yeahhhhhhhh. We were never a military school guy.

evan_aggie
09-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Did you see one dimensional Ark physically whoop their asses up and down the field yesterday? Their OLine resembled swiss cheese and our Defense is light years ahead of Ark. Plus our Offense can beat you through air or ground.

You should at least acknowledge our 2nd half adjustments. Arkansas averaged something like 2.9 ypc in the 2nd half. We changed some of our D line.

Westdawg
09-28-2014, 08:10 PM
You should at least acknowledge our 2nd half adjustments. Arkansas averaged something like 2.9 ypc in the 2nd half. We changed some of our D line.

I will admit your defense held them more in check in the run game but that was more on Bulimic wanting to pass much more in the second half and having a lot more 3rd & long downs and not rushing as much on 1st & 2nd downs. Confused me a bit.

JDog13
09-28-2014, 08:10 PM

No, I didn't get to catch any of their game. I was fortunate enough to be floating out a floor*** that I put tile on today.

evan_aggie
09-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Im being realistic. Miss st should win if we show up as sloppy and out of sync. The MSU that beat LSU should beat the team i saw yesterday. Despite that, im still driving 8 hrs to Jackson and then Starkville Saturday morning.

BulldogBear
09-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Yeahhhhhhhh. We were never a military school guy.

T H E D R I L L F I E L D
It began as a field in the early days of
Mississippi Agricultural andMechanical College
when the school was founded as one of the
land-grant institutions authorized by the federal
Morrill Act of 1862. After its creation by law
in 1878, the college opened its doors to 354
students in the fall of 1880 as a military school.
The field was used as their parade ground.
Mississippi A&M would evolve into Mississippi
State College by 1932. The transition into a
full-fledged university would follow in 1958.
A bust of General Stephen D. Lee, the
school’s first president, occupies the north side
of the Drill Field. Constructed in 1909 as an
academic building and a chapel, Lee Hall was
named in his honor. Across the way, its mirror
image would be reflected in the SwalmChemical
Engineering Building built 90 years later. The
Colvard Student Union anchors one corner of
the Drill Field and the Mitchell Memorial Library
another. More than 17,000 students now roam
the campus of the university, countless numbers
of them crossing the Drill Field paths each day.

MSUDawg4Life
09-28-2014, 08:19 PM
school’s first president, occupies the north side

It's sad that you would even have to post that.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-28-2014, 08:21 PM
school?s first president, occupies the north side

How do people not know the meaning of DRILL FIELD?

IMissJack
09-28-2014, 08:26 PM
You should inform my Grandfather that was in the Corps at Mississippi A&M in 1929.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Im being realistic. Miss st should win if we show up as sloppy and out of sync. The MSU that beat LSU should beat the team i saw yesterday. Despite that, im still driving 8 hrs to Jackson and then Starkville Saturday morning.

I think it's funny how all of you Ags want to say MSU played over their heads vs LSU and A&M played "sloppy and out of sync" vs Ark. Ever thought maybe State is just better than LSU or that maybe you guys aren't as good as you thought now that you're playing real teams? Take that "sloppy and out of sync" bullshit somewhere else, bud. Arkansas just punched you guys in the mouth...you weren't out of sync, you were just playing a team with a pulse.

RougeDawg
09-28-2014, 08:50 PM
I think it's funny how all of you Ags want to say MSU played over their heads vs LSU and A&M played "sloppy and out of sync" vs Ark. Ever thought maybe State is just better than LSU or that maybe you guys aren't as good as you thought now that you're playing real teams? Take that "sloppy and out of sync" bullshit somewhere else, bud. Arkansas just punched you guys in the mouth...you weren't out of sync, you were just playing a team with a pulse.

Yes, we now see how insignificant that opening night win at USC is/was. USC now has two losses and gave up 34 to Vandy, 35 to UGA, and 23 to East Carolina. They aren't who we thought they were before the season. We have also seen how inept the East is.

preachermatt83
09-28-2014, 09:01 PM
I don't care if im labeled negative or not, but im telling you guys, aTm worried me bad.. I worry about them even more than I do Bama. Football is all about matchups and I just see a lot of mismatches with our secondary and their scheme. Everyone says "get pressure on Hill"... How, when he gets rid of it so quick. They beat people with 15 yard routes, not 40 yard routes. I think we can beat them but they worry the devil out of me.

BulldogBear
09-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Actually saw where one commented on an article on another site that we wouldn't give them near as much trouble as Arkansas did.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 09:06 PM
I don't care if im labeled negative or not, but im telling you guys, aTm worried me bad.. I worry about them even more than I do Bama. Football is all about matchups and I just see a lot of mismatches with our secondary and their scheme. Everyone says "get pressure on Hill"... How, when he gets rid of it so quick. They beat people with 15 yard routes, not 40 yard routes. I think we can beat them but they worry the devil out of me.

I'm with you, Preach. I'm not nearly as confident as some. Hopefully Collins put together quite a gameplan during the off week. We had a good plan vs them last year, and we somewhat held Manziel in check. If we hadn't made so many Special Teams miscues and turnovers, we would have very possibly won that game...but we didn't get it done.

My biggest concern is our secondary..I know they are capable of playing great because they played excellent down the stretch last year and are all back....but we haven't seen it this year. Is it because we were prepping for LSU and stacking the box? Or was it because we just simply aren't that good in the secondary? If the answer is the first one, we will beat A&M Saturday. But I'm not convinced yet.

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 09:14 PM
I agree preacher. If we didn't have this off week, I would think we have about a 25% shot. But since we do, and since we have Collins, I think it's more like 50/50. They still scare the hell out of me, but we can beat them. If we tackle, we will be okay. Miss a few tackles and let a 3 yard route turn to 12 and more, you're in trouble. Think it's that simple. Collins will have te game plan, but can we execute it and tackle

evan_aggie
09-28-2014, 09:31 PM

I am a yell leader and a male cheerleader for the Longhorns' little brother.

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Bye

JDog13
09-28-2014, 09:36 PM
ill be back with my bullshit.

I doubt it.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 09:40 PM
I doubt it.

Ha, no....no he won't.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/5090182f8b428e8023c917c583d661e1/tumblr_mnyhrjHMAh1s9362xo1_400.gif

JDog13
09-28-2014, 09:43 PM
Ok now I gotta do it.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-18170-Leonardo-Dicaprio-raising-glas-Glmc.gif

Jack Lambert
09-28-2014, 10:13 PM
The SEC should have made them agree to having female cheerleaders before they could join. They have the gayest of gay traditions in sports and not to mention just weird.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2014, 10:18 PM

I am worried as well. State has not done well over the years against their coach. However I think we can score everytime they score. With that said all we have to do is stop them once or twice and we win.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2014, 10:21 PM

You should keep it friendly. You have V-Cash you can bet. I am sure one of the moderators would set the bet up for you two. I would not bet you that. I think it is going to be a close game.

cheewgumm
09-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Jack/ preacher... Same
Here. But I do think we can score a bunch on them. But they are explosive. Look at
Those last couple of
Plays against Arkansas.

I hope
Mullen is thinking he needs 50+ to win and plays
Accordingly.

Dallas_Dawg
09-28-2014, 10:25 PM
People here call them Aggots. It works

Percho
09-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Safeties need to play pass safety first.

BulldogDX55
09-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Back to the threads original topic, this thread is full of gold: http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2533289

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2014, 12:17 AM
Back to the threads original topic, this thread is full of gold: http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2533289

Just read this thread, and it's amazing how biased fans are and how far they will go to find a stat that proves their superiority.

I think what other teams consistently don't realize is that most of problems in the secondary have been with our second team in or when we are trying to milk to clock to get the game over with.

I know we only beat LSU by 5 points, but that game wasn't close. All those passing yards they got came when we were trying to run the clock out; not when we were actively attempting to play real defense.

CadaverDawg
09-29-2014, 12:43 AM

Exactly why I called that Evan douche out earlier. Don't buy that phony bullshit, those strange little Aggie F'ers think they're going to roll into town and beat our ass. If/when we beat them, they won't be talking that "we like you" shit. They were just saying that earlier in the day because we haven't beaten them in SEC play yet. Give em a loss or two and they'll hate us just like everybody else that beats them.

It's much better to be hated in this league than loved. Croom was loved by opponents because they kicked his teeth in once every fall. Nobody would even know who Dillon Day was if Croom was coaching him.

I'm glad we are being disliked again, means we're doing something right on the field.

Johnson85
09-29-2014, 08:08 AM

Same here. I had chalked it up as a loss after their usce game. Now that game makes a little more sense, but that doesn't mean it's a good match up for us. Out d should be better than theirs and out offense should give them lots of trouble, but I can't shake he feeling that we're going to throw away a few series with questionable play calling and bad snaps or miscalls on the line and that will be the difference in the game.

BulldogDX55
09-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Same here. I had chalked it up as a loss after their usce game. Now that game makes a little more sense, but that doesn't mean it's a good match up for us. Out d should be better than theirs and out offense should give them lots of trouble, but I can't shake he feeling that we're going to throw away a few series with questionable play calling and bad snaps or miscalls on the line and that will be the difference in the game.

I agree. We will "out d" and "out offense" them.

TXDawg
09-29-2014, 08:37 AM

Yeah, but you were stacking 10 - 11 in the box to accomplish that. You were very susceptible to the play-action pass. The few times Arky went to it, their TE was running in space with no defenders within 15 yards of him. Why they didn't go PA in OT is beyond me. If you have to stack the box like that against us to stop the run, Dak will be the Heisman frontrunner by this time next week.

Dawgcentral
09-30-2014, 07:23 PM
I think we run the ball well. I think we stop the run well. Wat I see happening is us having a lead in the 4th and that's where my concerns reside.

Looking back, we seem to relax. I'm not talking about our mess at the end of the LSU game. I'm looking at our tendency to relax vs Northwestern at the end of the half, and other games where we gave up points with time running out.

I do feel like with the game plan and attitude that I expect from the staff and the players, we win this game by 6-9 points.