PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- 20 Years of Begging for GameDay Edition

Coach34
09-28-2014, 09:25 AM
1. It got interesting as we sat here relaxed, ranked 14th in the country, and no game this weekend. Chris Fowler tells the world that Gameday could be headed to Starkville with a Memphis victory. Suddenly the Memphis game had a little meaning. Of course, Memphis is terrible and no way they were going to win- but it made for a little excitement anyway. How about Fowler telling the world Ole Missus has been begging for Gameday for 20 years??? Begging for GameDay. That is probably the most Ole Missus thing ever. Begging for GameDay. I love it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/IdOlFaNaTiC89/GIF%20folder/ianbeg.gif

2. I hate Ole Missus couldnt wear their special 38 helmets for the Memphis game. As was pointed out here on Elitedawgs earlier in the week, the helmets are an NCAA violation. The NCAA told Ole Missus they couldnt wear the helmets.

3. Speaking of Ole Missus vs Mempho- how about that performance by Bo Dirt last night? 22/37 with 2 picks and a lost fumble. QBR of 40.3 vs Memphis. Not SEC, not SEC. Memphis. We talking bout Memphis. Not SEC- Memphis. Now he faces Bama and Saban who had a week off to get ready for him. Good luck with that.

4. Auburn put away La Tech yesterday and had a few injuries doing it. Not sure if any were significant- but they had 4-5 guys leave the game.

5. A&M looked about like I thought they would yesterday. They are not as good on offense as they were last year- but they are still dangerous. We definitely needed two weeks to get ready for this one and it will show this Saturday. We will beat them 10 plus and just outphysical them. I'm thinking 41-27.

6. How bout that UPig bunch? Improved...physical...but they still arent ready to win big games. QB fumbles snaps, terrible missed tackles in the Secondary, stupid playcalling in big situations. No way they should have lost that game yesterday.

7. UPig is still the 8th best team at worst in the SEC. The East is garbage. Mizzou beats SC in Columbia after losing to Indiana- who lost to Maryland yesterday at home. The East should be excluded from the SEC title game this year. There is such a big gap between the top 6 of the West and the East teams its ridiculous.

8. Looks like LSU has found them a QB. Thank you Lester for waiting until after our game. Harris came off the bench to account for 5 TD's last night. Their offense just got alot better. They will take care of some business down the road it didnt look like they would just last week.

9. Kentucky got an SEC win finally. Good for them. They are improved no doubt, and we will have to stay on our toes when we go there. But we will also have 2 weeks to get ready for them. We'll be prepared for sure.

10. I'm curious to see how the SEC handles the Ole Missus fighting last night. Shirley there should be a suspension or two for throwing a punch and leaving the bench???

In Mullen We Trust,

C34

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 09:50 AM
Good stuff.

I'm glad you're confident about us beating aTm, because I'm not quite that confident (but I'm getting there). I feel much better after what I saw yesterday, but we will have to play solid in the secondary if we're going to beat these guys. Much like Ole Miss, aTm feeds off of the homerun ball. Make them drive the field 75+ yards for every score and you beat them. Give up multiple 30+ yard TD's, you're screwed. When the field shortens up on teams like the Aggies, their offense struggles because there isn't as much space. So I think it's key that we make them earn every score and force FG's in the red zone.

Another thing that makes me feel better about this game, is that Collins had a hell of a game plan last year for them, but Special Teams blunders and early turnovers put us in catch up mode. We should have beaten them last year at their place, and they had Manziel. Now, Collins has had two weeks to prepare, and they are coming to our house after an emotional win...if we don't hurt ourselves, we have a great chance to win.

How much will the loss of Dillon Day hurt our offense in your opinion, Coach? And I'm not looking for a company line response, I really want a good honest answer from a former coach. Is Beckwith capable of learning all the blocking schemes and audibles in 2 weeks? Would this have a bigger impact on our run blocking or pass blocking, or both? Is there a reason to be seriously concerned, or are those of us worried about the loss of Day overreacting? Thanks in advance

BrunswickDawg
09-28-2014, 09:51 AM
And when the SEC office does nothing, we need to prepared to call them out in as many ways possible. I'm not a black helicopter type, but when they do nothing (and Slive won't) we should all start to question why.

thunderclap
09-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Somebody is gonna get a busted nose in Oxford on Saturday. Guess who?

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Agree with Cadaver, Coach, can you break down how losing Day will effect us? Thanks

Coach34
09-28-2014, 10:03 AM
How much will the loss of Dillon Day hurt our offense in your opinion, Coach? And I'm not looking for a company line response, I really want a good honest answer from a former coach. Is Beckwith capable of learning all the blocking schemes and audibles in 2 weeks? Would this have a bigger impact on our run blocking or pass blocking, or both? Is there a reason to be seriously concerned, or are those of us worried about the loss of Day overreacting? Thanks in advance

Normally I'd be pretty concerned about losing Day. But Beckwith has been getting Center reps for what-3 years? He is a 5th year guy that already knows all the calls and audibles. He has been working at Center some all year- getting reps in practice just in case. He also gets two weeks to get ready- not just one and that is tremendous. Is he as good of a Center as Day is? No. Should he do fine and play pretty well? Absolutely. Plus, he has Day there to give him tips and all kinds of knowledge these two weeks in preparation.

I'm more worried about blitz pick-ups between him and who the new OG is than I am with Beckwith overall at Center. The issues would stem from something like that and something that should be watched during the game.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Normally I'd be pretty concerned about losing Day. But Beckwith has been getting Center reps for what-3 years? He is a 5th year guy that already knows all the calls and audibles. He has been working at Center some all year- getting reps in practice just in case. He also gets two weeks to get ready- not just one and that is tremendous. Is he as good of a Center as Day is? No. Should he do fine and play pretty well? Absolutely. Plus, he has Day there to give him tips and all kinds of knowledge these two weeks in preparation.

I'm more worried about blitz pick-ups between him and who the new OG is than I am with Beckwith overall at Center. The issues would stem from something like that and something that should be watched during the game.

Thanks.

What are you expecting to see in terms of a starting OL?

Clausell
Malone
Beckwith
Clayborn??
Senior

It concerns me that Clayborn has been out so long. I'm wondering if Carter gets the start

Political Hack
09-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks.

Clausell
Malone
Beckwith
Clayborn??
Senior

It concerns me that Clayborn has been out so long. I'm wondering if Carter gets the start

that's it.

WinningIsRelentless
09-28-2014, 10:11 AM

Beck has actually been making most of the calls on the line this year so that isn't that big of a deal.

mic
09-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks.

Clausell
Malone
Beckwith
Clayborn??
Senior

Desper will probably get the nod if it's not Clayborn.
Carter has been at Tackle I believe..

defiantdog
09-28-2014, 10:17 AM
I am glad we played LSU early this year. Once those Freshmen (Dupre, Fournette and Harris) get their shit together, they are going to be tough to beat. We played them at the right time.

A&M is going to be an interesting game to say the least. Our secondary is going to be tested all day in one on one situations. We just have to control the clock, RTGDF and keep their offense off the field. This game is gonna be tough because I think they're gonna definitely be up for this one.

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks.

Clausell
Malone
Beckwith
Clayborn??
Senior

I would imagine that's what we see with desper getting a good bit of snaps at guard too

I seen it dawg
09-28-2014, 10:29 AM
We are going to Ray Rice every opponent until Alabama. This team is special.

TrapGame
09-28-2014, 10:41 AM
I talked with Beckwith a little over two years ago when he was second team center and he told me he loved playing center for Dak. He went on and on about how special Dak was. Beckwith is more than up to accepting this challenge.

HoopsDawg
09-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks.

Carter? WTF?

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Carter? WTF?

Yea, I get Carter and Desper confused...Sue me.