PDA

View Full Version : Game day in Starkville for Auburn

Dawgfan77
09-28-2014, 07:41 AM
I know the bears will be gettin all the love this week BUT we have a real chance to host gameday next week against Auburn. First and formost We have to take care of A& M and AU has to beat LSU SEC nation will be in town this week and it will be a good warm up for us to make it loud and as electric as we possibly can for an 11 am game. Them following week with gameday in town and a hopeful 2:30 or 6:00 night game we need the junction and DWS as loud and electric as any place in the nation. This would be epic and trump the bears

HSVDawg
09-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Don't get your hopes up. No way Gameday will travel to SEC sites 3 weeks in a row, and I highly doubt they will make two trips to MS in the same season (much less within 3 weeks time). There's enough whining and crying from the other power conferences about favoritism shown by the media to the SEC as it is, and ESPN knows that. It sucks because we would definitely deserve to host IF we beat A&M, but I don't see it happening.

starkvegasdawg
09-28-2014, 09:13 AM
If we do we do and if we don't we don't. I'd much rather be deserving to host and not get it than lose next week and wonder if that's why. Let them have this moment. They're likely to only win one or two more games this season. This is the height of 2014 for them and the downward trend starts when Corso puts on an elephant head at the end of their beloved Gameday host.

Quaoarsking
09-28-2014, 09:20 AM
Don't get your hopes up. No way Gameday will travel to SEC sites 3 weeks in a row, and I highly doubt they will make two trips to MS in the same season (much less within 3 weeks time). There's enough whining and crying from the other power conferences about favoritism shown by the media to the SEC as it is, and ESPN knows that. It sucks because we would definitely deserve to host IF we beat A&M, but I don't see it happening.

They've done that before: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locations_of_College_GameDay_(football))

2008:
September 20: #6 LSU at #10 Auburn[21]
September 27: #8 Alabama at #3 Georgia
October 4: #13 Auburn at #19 Vanderbilt[22]

2012:
September 1: #8 Michigan vs. #2 Alabama (Cowboys Classic, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX)
September 8: #24 Florida at Texas A&M
September 15: #18 Florida at #23 Tennessee

They've also stayed in the same state consecutive weeks several times:
2006:
October 21: #13 Georgia Tech at #12 Clemson
October 28: #8 Tennessee at South Carolina

2008:
November 22: #2 Texas Tech at #5 Oklahoma
November 29: #3 Oklahoma at #11 Oklahoma State

2010:
September 11: #18 Penn State at #1 Alabama
September 18: Clemson at #16 Auburn

Whether we host depends on whether ESPN picks our game over these:
Oregon @ UCLA
Texas vs. Oklahoma
Ole Miss @ Texas A&M
LSU @ Florida
Georgia @ Missouri
USC @ Arizona

If we and Auburn are both undefeated, you gotta like our chances. If not, it's probably going to be Oregon-UCLA.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 09:22 AM
No chance. And Ole Miss won't be getting all the love this week. They are only getting GameDay for two reasons...1) they won't quit bugging ESPN about it and they finally beat their early cupcakes to be undefeated after 4 games, and 2) Alabama is coming to town. Don't get it confused, Alabama is the big draw here, definitely not OM

Dawgfan77
09-28-2014, 09:27 AM
I understand your thoughts but should we beat a top ten team in AM and Aurburn beats lsu how could they pass up a possible top 10 match up in the sec with west and possible NC implication game. Look at the schedule it will be the marquee matchup

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2014, 09:31 AM
We deserve it and will be by far the biggest game next week if we beat Auburn. Our fans need to light up Gameday's twitter feed and remind them of this.

AROB44
09-28-2014, 09:52 AM
We sound as bad as OM when it comes to Gameday. I personally could not care less if we ever have Gameday. I would rather just keep winning.

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2014, 09:54 AM
We sound as bad as OM when it comes to Gameday. I personally could not care less if we ever have Gameday. I would rather just keep winning.

Would you stop this? They are mutually exclusive things. Hosting Gameday is good for the university and, if you don't see that, your either retarded or just trying to downplay Ole Miss hosting it.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 09:58 AM
I don't care about it either. No way they go to SEC schools in MS two weeks in a row....especially now that we have a network devoted solely to the SEC. They have to appeal to the masses. Besides, most people in the country will be watching the SEC Network Saturday because they will spend more time on the 2 biggest games of the week. Hell, even most OM and Alabama fans will be flipping over to SECN while The GameDay Crew is discussing all of the other games around the country for 85% of their show. We have just as big a stage on SECN this weekend, because it is the "new" network, so I don't understand people worrying about GameDay. Truth is, it's hilarious that the one time OM finally does get what they've embarrassingly begged for for 20 years....the new Network devoted to the best conference in the land will be set up in Starkville. Haha

DudyDawg
09-28-2014, 10:36 AM
It would amaze me for us to host game day over that ucla Oregon game and UT OU considering the draw of those two and it being arguably the biggest rivalry in football (even tho Texas is down). Would be cool if we did, but I don't see it happening

Charlie_Sheen420
09-28-2014, 11:42 AM
I would love to see them come to Starkville, but they will most likely be going out west to see Oregon vs UCLA. The only chance they come to Starkville is if one of those teams lose next week which is possible. Oregon plays Thursday night at home vs Arizona, and UCLA plays at home vs Utah. I think Oregon could be flat on Thursday night and possibly lose, and if that happens and both State and Auburn take care of business, it would be a crime for any other game other than MSU vs Auburn to get gameday that weekend.

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Who cares. Just keep winning.

preachermatt83
09-28-2014, 01:07 PM
if anybody is looking past this week they are crazy. This is our toughest challenge of the season apart from Alabama.

gravedigger
09-28-2014, 02:45 PM

I think you may misunderstand that ESPN is invested iin the sec and probably don't give a rats ass about accusations of favoritism. I also would rather not have game day at msu.

We win and we don't need a 4 hour commercial of college football to sell ourselves.

I'm of the old raiders owner philosophy.

Just win, baby

curmudgeon
09-28-2014, 03:15 PM
I think you overestimate the exitement that would be present in Los Angeles, California at 7 am on a campus whose students would assume not even have a football team.

The Gameday crews hate West Coast locales unless they are in Seattle. They get protested even.

I think the competition is the Texas/Oklahoma game. And if Baylor beats Texas - its going to be hard to go to a game that features a 1-3 team over two unbeatens in the top 10 (assuming Auburn beats LSU, which should not be assumed).