PDA

View Full Version : The NCAA rule on leaving the bench to fight

starkvegasdawg
09-28-2014, 07:11 AM
No player may leave their designated bench area to participate in any on or off the field altercations and/or fights. If such player or players are involved in this altercation, they will be disqualified for the remainder of the game and for the next game. If a player is disqualified for fighting a second time during that season, he shall be disqualified for that game and suspended for the remainder of the season.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Does Slive know this? Probably not.

Reason2succeed
09-28-2014, 07:31 AM
It's not going to happen and I am glad. I want OM to take their butt whipping with all men on deck so they won't have any excuse.

Bucky Dog
09-28-2014, 07:38 AM
OM will claim it was their defensive guys like Johnson, Conner and Kimdashian that we're coming on the field to play the next series and NOT to fight. Nothing to see here***

msstate7
09-28-2014, 07:40 AM
OM will claim it was their defensive guys like Johnson, Conner and Kimdashian that we're coming on the field to play the next series and NOT to fight. Nothing to see here***

Cj got a PF later too.

Political Hack
09-28-2014, 08:10 AM
I didn't see Kimchee "fighting" but he did come off the bench during the fight. I doubt that warrants a suspension, but I'll be surprised if CJ isn't suspended next week if that was him that threw the punch.

Offshore Dawg
09-28-2014, 08:10 AM
No player may leave their designated bench area to participate in any on or off the field altercations and/or fights. If such player or players are involved in this altercation, they will be disqualified for the remainder of the game and for the next game. If a player is disqualified for fighting a second time during that season, he shall be disqualified for that game and suspended for the remainder of the season.

"SO ARE THEY GOING TO ENFORCE THE RULE OR NOT". and yes I am yelling, rules must be enforced or why have them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also <17> the lawyer owning little toddy bear cubs

starkvegasdawg
09-28-2014, 08:25 AM
"SO ARE THEY GOING TO ENFORCE THE RULE OR NOT". and yes I am yelling, rules must be enforced or why have them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also <17> the lawyer owning little toddy bear cubs

Probably not since the officials never ejected anybody last night. Rules only apply to us.

gravedigger
09-28-2014, 08:52 AM
Agreed. I want all possible excuses for them falling back to earth eliminated.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Doesn't matter if Slive does or not. It is a NCAA rule.

TUSK
09-28-2014, 12:52 PM
so, If Alabama is truly "protected" by Slive, Ole Miss will have some players suspended... correct?

Which ones will miss the "Bi-Annual Biggest Game In Ole Miss Football History"?

CJ, #5????

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2014, 01:39 PM
so, If Alabama is truly "protected" by Slive, Ole Miss will have some players suspended... correct?

Which ones will miss the "Bi-Annual Biggest Game In Ole Miss Football History"?

CJ, #5????

Y'all don't need protecting from them.

Todd4State
09-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Probably not since the officials never ejected anybody last night. Rules only apply to us.

I don't believe Day was flagged either, so there is certainly some precedent that has been set.

FlabLoser
09-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Here's the rulebook on leaving the bench to fight...

During either half, coaches or substitutes shall not leave their team area to participate in a fight, nor shall they participate in a fight in their team area.

PENALTY—15 yards from the succeeding spot. Automatic first down for Team B fouls if not in conflict with other rules. Disqualification for the remainder of the game and the first half of the next game [S7, S27 or S38, and S47]. For fighting in the last game of a season, those with remaining eligibility shall serve suspensions during the first game of the next season for which they are eligible.

Political Hack
09-28-2014, 02:45 PM
what if they don't get kicked out after the brawl? wonder if it goes to an entire game since they escaped punishment in the first game.