PDA

View Full Version : First time Ole Miss has started 4-0 since 1970.

CadaverDawg
09-27-2014, 10:45 PM
#Flagship**

CadaverDawg
09-27-2014, 10:45 PM
First time we've both started 4-0 in the same year in history

Bubb Rubb
09-27-2014, 10:50 PM
#Flagship**

And it will be the first time they lose five in a row since 2011.

#tradition

msstate7
09-27-2014, 10:50 PM

Our 4-0 records are very different though...

They beat the best college football program the last 10 years in boise st

We beat the worse lsu team ever and only bc they didn't play the backup qb more

CadaverDawg
09-27-2014, 10:52 PM
Think about that though....Ole miss claims to have such a proud football tradition, yet they haven't even started 4-0 since 1970. That's 44 years ago! And they typically started the year with Vandy, Memphis, and Jacksonville St, every year since then. That is piss poor, but it shows how good they are at propaganda.

nsvltndog
09-27-2014, 10:57 PM
that's an eye opener, I was born around Egg Bowl time that year. Mike Gundy would agree that's a long time. He'll forever be 40 years old in my eyes.

BeardoMSU
09-27-2014, 10:57 PM
Nuff said, boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPz-j3bfq3E

Mjoelner34
09-27-2014, 11:04 PM

Wow! That's almost unbelievable.

K9 Avenger
09-27-2014, 11:05 PM
And we beat 'em that year too! First Egg Bowl I remember....

LC Dawg
09-27-2014, 11:24 PM
I just took a look at Nafoom just to see their thoughts on the game and they have a thread that says all threads about MSU this week will be locked because they don't want us screwing up one of the greatest moments in UM history (Gameday). When we beat A&M and they get hammered by Bama it will be fruitless to even try point out to them that they were vastly overrated. They've accomplished what they wanted. What happens on the field is unimportant to them. A tv network has decided to have a show on their campus. If we win out and win the championship and they don't win another game they will still think they won the year because they got Gameday first. That's how screwed up they are.

archdog
09-27-2014, 11:29 PM
I don't get it. Gameday is not really that special in my book. Maybe years past, but gameday had been dimenished by the SEC show. ESPN doesn't even break down the games as much anymore. They are more interested in the feel good story. Not saying I don't lile the feel good story, but I would rather hear how UM gave up 700 yards to juggernaut Boise team. Etc

CadaverDawg
09-27-2014, 11:32 PM
I just took a look at Nafoom just to see their thoughts on the game and they have a thread that says all threads about MSU this week will be locked because they don't want us screwing up one of the greatest moments in UM history (Gameday). When we beat A&M and they get hammered by Bama it will be fruitless to even try point out to them that they were vastly overrated. They've accomplished what they wanted. What happens on the field is unimportant to them. A tv network has decided to have a show on their campus. If we win out and win the championship and they don't win another game they will still think they won the year because they got Gameday first. That's how screwed up they are.

So their board will be shutting down this week?

mstatefan91
09-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Just wow. Bafoom has outdone itself

Look, I get their crazy and its funny, we've rubbed elbows with them for some time. But I'll be damned if on the week leading up to one of the greatest moments in OM sports history (hosting gameday), my favorite message board is littered with posts about the little brother.

I thought they had high standards? Gameday is one of the greatest moments in their sports history? hahahahaha that's gold

starkvegasdawg
09-27-2014, 11:44 PM
Just wow. Bafoom has outdone itself

I thought they had high standards? Gameday is one of the greatest moments in their sports history? hahahahaha that's gold

I remember back when they went to the cotton bowl the first year it was at Jerry's world they were making comments basically acting like jerry built that stadium just because tsun was playing there. Every other comment was mentioning this wonderful stadium they were playing in and how that made the bowl so much more elite. Those that have said this are dead on. They couldn't care less about on field results. All they care about is perception and the press conference.

mstatefan91
09-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Fan from any other SEC school: "Have you guys ever even made it to the SEC Championship game?"

TSUN fan: "No but we hosted Game day! Greatest day of my life!"

msstate7
09-27-2014, 11:54 PM
I really think freeze should baptize a young rebel on gameday next sat

mstatefan91
09-27-2014, 11:56 PM
I really think freeze should baptize a young rebel on gameday next sat

Don't take that away from Corso!

BLITZII
09-28-2014, 07:04 AM
People who think of TSUN as a power still think Notre Dame is relevant. The thing is in the 60's to early 70's TSUN was considered a national power and the older generation still believes this........but if you go back and look they have not done anything since then.

Mutt the Hoople
09-28-2014, 07:11 AM
I don't get it. Gameday is not really that special in my book. Maybe years past, but gameday had been dimenished by the SEC show. ESPN doesn't even break down the games as much anymore. They are more interested in the feel good story. Not saying I don't lile the feel good story, but I would rather hear how UM gave up 700 yards to juggernaut Boise team. Etc
ESPN Gameday as opposed to the SEC Network's equivalent reminds me of the stodgy old country club, versus the the cool new country club everybody wants to go to. Some people fight so hard to get into the old country club that, by the time they finally get into it, they realize that it's old, musty, and the lockers have mold.......

BLITZII
09-28-2014, 07:55 AM
The most exciting game, with the most intrigue, will be in Starkville next week. You have two Heisman contenders with high impact offenses........the atmosphere is going to be electric and the Junction hopping. SEC Nation got the best end of this deal and it will be apparent at the end. I would love to see the TV ratings after each game is played.

Mutt the Hoople
09-28-2014, 08:03 AM
And we know what happened the last time ole miss started 4-0
http://www.southernmiss.com/100/1970-vs-ole-game.html

QuadrupleOption
09-28-2014, 09:01 AM
And we know what happened the last time ole miss started 4-0
http://www.southernmiss.com/100/1970-vs-ole-game.html

Jesus, those folks need an editor in the worst way.

A few minutes later Gerry Saggus returned a Rebel punt 60 yards for a touchdown, giving Southern a 30-14 lead with 5:45 left in the third quarter and that would be the final score and Southern had one of the biggest upsets of the young college football season and produced one of the Greatest Games in Southern Miss Football.

Reading that sentence gave me a headache.

I seen it dawg
09-28-2014, 09:06 AM
I can't wait until corso puts on the elephant head. And which talking head is gonna be the first to say they really should be just south because it will be a much better game.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 09:20 AM
How embarrassing would it be if Corso put on the Bear head and nobody knew who the hell that team was. Everybody would think he brought the wrong prop or something,

defiantdog
09-28-2014, 09:33 AM
I can't believe the score was 7 - 3 going into the 4th quarter. And its not like they were putting in the second string players.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 09:34 AM
I can't believe the score was 7 - 3 going into the 4th quarter. And its not like they were putting in the second string players.

Wasn't their score 7-6 against Boise going in to the 4th?

msstate7
09-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Wasn't their score 7-6 against Boise going in to the 4th?

Well to be fair, om doesn't have the offense that Air Force has

JDog13
09-28-2014, 09:50 AM
Who is gonna show up at the gameday set in oxfart with a red and blue sign that says, "We Believe 5-0".

godlluB
09-28-2014, 10:52 AM
I can't wait until corso puts on the elephant head. And which talking head is gonna be the first to say they really should be just south because it will be a much better game.

If Corso picks Ole Miss, will he put on a pointy white hat?