09-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Wait till about 330 next sat

yjnkdawg
09-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Wait till about 330 next sat

And the meltdown begins

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2014, 10:36 PM
I may be in the minority, but I think they play above themselves and keep it close till the 4th quarter next Saturday. I think Bama wins 31-17 with their last TD being in the last 7 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Ole Miss has been looking at this game since they realized that their schedule was so bad that they would be 4-0 going into it and Gameday would be in town. I think they play well next week, and then the slide will start once Gameday has left town and there is nothing else to look forward to.

mstatefan91
09-27-2014, 10:49 PM
I may be in the minority, but I think they play above themselves and keep it close till the 4th quarter next Saturday. I think Bama wins 31-17 with their last TD being in the last 7 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Ole Miss has been looking at this game since they realized that their schedule was so bad that they would be 4-0 going into it and Gameday would be in town. I think they play well next week, and then the slide will start once Gameday has left town and there is nothing else to look forward to.

I don't see it. That offense just struggles. They can't run between the tackles and Bo will throw two to three picks with one most likely being a pick6 on a jumped bubble screen.

Bubb Rubb
09-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Ole Miss has a historically bad offensive line. Memphis got pressure on Wallace tonight. Think about that. He's going to be running for his life next week when those bubble screens get locked down.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2014, 10:55 PM
I don't see it. That offense just struggles. They can't run between the tackles and Bo will throw two to three picks with one most likely being a pick6 on a jumped bubble screen.

I agree but they'll be running trick plays and everything in between. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Ole Miss should be able to give it a good effort. The slide will start after this one.

Bucky Dog
09-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Bama has two weeks to prepare and I am saying the final score is 38-10!

CadaverDawg
09-27-2014, 11:01 PM
This will be the Rebs SuperBowl. They have dreamed of a Gameday appearance and the eyes of college football being on Oxford....so they will play the best game of their lives. I still don't think it will be enough, but the way this season in the SEC is going, who knows. I know one thing, if they trot the same team that played Boise and Memphis out there, Bama will skull drag their asses.

The only thing they have going for them is that their defense is playing lights out right now. They are confident and Sims has never played in a big true road game as "the guy". If they get after him early and force some turnovers they will have a shot.

BeardoMSU
09-27-2014, 11:06 PM
T

The only thing they have going for them is that their defense is playing lights out right now.

Yeah but look who they're playing. Memphis just looked stupid tonight. Their play calling was bizarre.

msstate7
09-27-2014, 11:06 PM
This will be the Rebs SuperBowl. They have dreamed of a Gameday appearance and the eyes of college football being on Oxford....so they will play the best game of their lives. I still don't think it will be enough, but the way this season in the SEC is going, who knows. I know one thing, if they trot the same team that played Boise and Memphis out there, Bama will skull drag their asses.

The only thing they have going for them is that their defense is playing lights out right now. They are confident and Sims has never played in a big true road game as "the guy". If they get after him early and force some turnovers they will have a shot.

Om's defense over pursues every play and their de's rush up the field every play. Alabamas screen game is going to hurt om this week. Bama has the personel to exploit om's weakness which is being undersized. Bama will use their aggressiveness against om early and run over them late...

Bama 31
Om 7

CadaverDawg
09-27-2014, 11:09 PM
Yeah but look who they're playing. Memphis just looked stupid tonight. Their play calling was bizarre.

I agree, but their defense has looked pretty damn good all season so far. They may get torched by Bama, who knows...but from what I've seen so far, their defense looks good. I don't think it will hold up, but that is what I have seen so far. Their offense has looked very unimpressive all year. I am 100% convinced that if people will quit giving up Homeruns to them....they can't put together enough sustained drives to beat any SEC teams other than Vandy.

starkvegasdawg
09-27-2014, 11:51 PM
For those saying this is their Super Bowl remember...the Buffalo Bills had their Super Bowls too. Playing fired up against a far superior team only lasts until they square you up one good time. After that reality sets in pretty quick. 42-7 in a game that isn't as close as the score indicates.

mstatefan91
09-27-2014, 11:55 PM
TSUN has beaten Bama something like 9 times in the history of that series. I know, I know history is history. We proved that last week, but I have now watched two complete TSUN games, and I can't see anything special beyond some good defensive play.

blacklistedbully
09-28-2014, 12:28 AM
I agree but they'll be running trick plays and everything in between. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Ole Miss should be able to give it a good effort. The slide will start after this one.

Nope. Bama is going to beat them like a cupcake. I seriously think they will be up 5 TD's before the 4th Q, playing 2nd & 3rd stringers early.

blacklistedbully
09-28-2014, 12:35 AM
I agree, but their defense has looked pretty damn good all season so far. They may get torched by Bama, who knows...but from what I've seen so far, their defense looks good. I don't think it will hold up, but that is what I have seen so far. Their offense has looked very unimpressive all year. I am 100% convinced that if people will quit giving up Homeruns to them....they can't put together enough sustained drives to beat any SEC teams other than Vandy.

Cadaver, you should really consider the opposition. OM defense has been able to be faster and bigger than their opponents, and by far. Nobody they have yet played could bring anything that was even close. Their best win was versus a BSU team that got whipped tonight by Air Force.

When they come up against SEC teams not named Vandy, they will no longer hold the significant edge in speed and size that they have held in every game thus far. It will be night-and-day. They have good speed, but not good size, and their speed is not going to be anything special for even average SEC teams.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2014, 12:48 AM
Cadaver, you should really consider the opposition. OM defense has been able to be faster and bigger than their opponents, and by far. Nobody they have yet played could bring anything that was even close. Their best win was versus a BSU team that got whipped tonight by Air Force.

When they come up against SEC teams not named Vandy, they will no longer hold the significant edge in speed and size that they have held in every game thus far. It will be night-and-day. They have good speed, but not good size, and their speed is not going to be anything special for even average SEC teams.

How can you say that when you and everyone else were saying our defense was great before the LSU game when we had played nobody? Can't have it both ways. And I AM considering the opposition...that's why I said, "from what I have seen so far". We don't have anything else to judge them on except for the teams they have played...and they have looked really good defensively against those teams. There's no way of me knowing if they can do it vs Bama and other teams, just like there's no way you know they can't. All we have to base them on is the 4 games they've played, and they have looked good in those games defensively...have they not? That's all I'm saying...their defense looks legit so far. Doesn't mean it won't look like shit next weekend, and I hope it does...but that definitely isn't a sure bet.

I know we all want them to suck, but that doesn't mean we can't face reality and admit what we've seen to this point in the season.

mparkerfd20
09-28-2014, 01:20 AM
Ole Miss won't score above 10. 31-7 Bama

stalkingpoon
09-28-2014, 01:34 AM
How can you say that when you and everyone else were saying our defense was great before the LSU game when we had played nobody? Can't have it both ways. And I AM considering the opposition...that's why I said, "from what I have seen so far". We don't have anything else to judge them on except for the teams they have played...and they have looked really good defensively against those teams. There's no way of me knowing if they can do it vs Bama and other teams, just like there's no way you know they can't. All we have to base them on is the 4 games they've played, and they have looked good in those games defensively...have they not? That's all I'm saying...their defense looks legit so far. Doesn't mean it won't look like shit next weekend, and I hope it does...but that definitely isn't a sure bet.

I know we all want them to suck, but that doesn't mean we can't face reality and admit what we've seen to this point in the season.

Our defense returned a shitload of guys from a pretty damn good defense last year. That's one reason we pretty much knew our defense was good. Leading up to this game they only had what 4 sacks? The 4 INTs they had against Boise don't look so good since the same guy threw 4 again tonight against Air Force. They are small and undersized up front. They have pretty good safeties but that is about it.

Political Hack
09-28-2014, 06:15 AM
Our defense returned a shitload of guys from a pretty damn good defense last year. That's one reason we pretty much knew our defense was good. Leading up to this game they only had what 4 sacks? The 4 INTs they had against Boise don't look so good since the same guy threw 4 again tonight against Air Force. They are small and undersized up front. They have pretty good safeties but that is about it.

their S's are the only spot defensively they're better than us... may be the only spot on the entire team they're better than us.

Political Hack
09-28-2014, 06:34 AM
back to the the thread, Memphis exposed them. Think about that. Memphis.

They'll be lucky to go 4-4 in the SEC if they play like that.

blacklistedbully
09-28-2014, 06:59 PM

Hold on, buddy. I wasn't crowing about our defense. I was worried about our secondary, and at best, withholding my opinion due to the massive early subbing we did. Especially on non-MSU boards, I went out of my way to admit we had not yet been truly tested, and said, "the jury is still out" on us. I have also replied before to you that I'm not saying their defense is terrible. I do think they will be manhandled by SEC teams that can match their speed AND have a size advantage.

IMO, their lack of size is going to bite them in the ass hard when they can't claim at least a speed advantage.

Coach34
09-28-2014, 07:17 PM
The Ole Missus OL is going to be sitting naked in the corner of the showers shivering and crying once that game ends Saturday.

Homedawg
09-28-2014, 07:25 PM
We have at least 3 people predicting 31-7 or worse. Just can't see that happening at all. Ole d is solid. They will be jacked up. Only maroon colored hatred make one pick that big of a margin.

JDog13
09-28-2014, 07:28 PM
We have at least 3 people predicting 31-7 or worse. Just can't see that happening at all. Ole d is solid. They will be jacked up. Only maroon colored hatred make one pick that big of a margin.

I'll party with them.

steeldawg
09-28-2014, 08:00 PM

The difference is our front 7 has been dominant. Their front 7 is pedestrian, at best. They've had success due to blitzing corners and safeties and over pursuing everything. We have been dominant in our base defense. OMs top
3 tacklers are defensive backs. Ours are linebackers. See the difference?

You will not have success against an offense like Bama's blitzing safeties and corners. You have to match them physically up front, and OM absolutely cannot do that.

msstate7
09-28-2014, 08:11 PM

Bo is a turnover machine. Bo will contribute to some of bama's points. I really hope om blitzes safeties this weekend. If they do white and cooper will hit them hard. Blake sims is hardly the sitting duck that BSU and memphis' qb were, so Om better be careful coming after him. Another thing to watch is bama's screen game. Bama runs screens better than any sec team so over pursuit will kill you against them. I'm ready to see how well om can hold up to bama's physicality in the run game.

Om's offense scored 0 on bama last year and even though bama's d isn't as good neither is om's offense.

31-7 tide