PDA

View Full Version : No games with the starting pitching

Quaoarsking
05-27-2013, 11:49 AM
One of the main reasons why I want the NCAA to scrap the Regional format and replace with 3 weeks of 1v1 3 game series for the trips to Omaha is that the Regionals turn into a game of chicken with all the pitching matchups, and debates about when to throw which pitcher when.

Luckily, I don't think that will be an issue. I think we definitely throw Pollorena Friday, and UCA, USA, and Mercer all throw their aces on day 1.

Ronny
05-27-2013, 12:12 PM
... when the regionals turn into a game of chicken with all the pitching matchups, that's the fun of it.

College baseball regionals are like the NCAA college basketball tournament:

It doesn't matter if you enter the tournament a hot-shit media darling or not: No matter who you are, if you get hot, you are going to advance. If you play like crap, you're going home.

SaltyDawg
05-27-2013, 12:19 PM
I think wih our starting pitching/bullpen this year the current Regional format plays right into our hands.

Quaoarsking
05-27-2013, 01:50 PM
... when the regionals turn into a game of chicken with all the pitching matchups, that's the fun of it.

College baseball regionals are like the NCAA college basketball tournament:

It doesn't matter if you enter the tournament a hot-shit media darling or not: No matter who you are, if you get hot, you are going to advance. If you play like crap, you're going home.

That's not "fun" in any way. It would be more fair to play a 3-game series with UCA this weekend, and then next weekend a 3-game series with the Mercer/USA winner. And that way, 32 schools could host a first-round series instead of just 16.

Ronny
05-27-2013, 02:04 PM
That's not "fun" in any way. It would be more fair to play a 3-game series with UCA this weekend, and then next weekend a 3-game series with the Mercer/USA winner. And that way, 32 schools could host a first-round series instead of just 16.

All I know is watching Holder pitch is fun.

And I'm not going to try to figure out the logistics of your new regional format proposal.

Maybe it's a good idea, & perhaps it will be adopted in the future.

But it is irrelevant to the format we'll be confronted with this weekend.