PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Fans...

CadaverDawg
09-27-2014, 09:09 AM
Remember about 5-6 years ago when right now we would be looking for 2 more wins on the schedule so we could go bowling?

Now we are looking at a Top 10-15 show down in our newly expanded stadium next weekend, with SEC Nation coming to town. Things have changed in a major way since Mullen got here, and as frustrated as he makes me at times, I just wanted to acknowledge the great job he's done so far. We used to all say we want a coach that builds the program the right way...that a quick fix wouldn't last at MSU...we had to have a plan and a foundation. Well, everybody soak it in, because the foundation was laid over the last 4 years, and we are now starting to see the fruits of that labor.

This is just the beginning of a whole new, never before seen, era of MSU football...so don't let it pass you by without taking it in and enjoying it. It's easy for us to nit pick, I'm the World's worst, but we have a Special team this year and an incredible group of coaches. Our fan base is second to none, and many of our fathers and grandfathers that have passed, would have loved to witness the type of success we are seeing right now, and they were a key part of what we're seeing right now.

So take a minute to take in just how great it is to be a Dawg right now.....and then poke out your chest a little and wear your maroon proud. This is what we've all been waiting for.

Hail State

Saltydog
09-27-2014, 09:14 AM
nt

BrunswickDawg
09-27-2014, 09:43 AM
This x1000.
This ain't your Dad'd MSU. It's not even your older brothers MSU. And more importantly, it's not even The Kangs' MSU.

For those of us who were on campus in the 90s, we knew we were witnessing a golden era of MSU sports. Jackie had us winning, Polk kept winning, Richard got us to a FF. But, we knew the obstacles were huge. We didn't have facilities (except Dudy Noble). We knew we didn't have the money, and there were holes in the foundations of the programs that were glaring if you took off your maroon colored glasses. For Jackie it was the reliance on jucos. For Polk it was his focus on USA baseball and his hatred of the NCAA that started to erode a focus on recruiting that started after his first flirtation with retirement in 92. For Williams it was rumors around the program, recruiting, and his personal life (and that was before the FF run).

Give Stricklin hell about a lot of things, but as AD he has done things to build foundations that we never had before. Yes, some of that was done by the Ninja, and some of it is SEC money. But, all of the coaches seem to be all about building programs that last, with a focus building up MSU. I really think across the board, the next 5 years we will be competing for championships - SEC and NCAA - at a level never seen before at MSU.

msstate7
09-27-2014, 09:47 AM
And we (most) were calling for Mullen's head last year.

gravedigger
09-27-2014, 10:21 AM
This x1000.
This ain't your Dad'd MSU. It's not even your older brothers MSU. And more importantly, it's not even The Kangs'MSU

Kang showed us we're noones bitch. So yea. It's still somewhat his team and fanbase

BeardoMSU
09-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Remember about 5-6 years ago when right now we would be looking for 2 more wins on the schedule so we could go bowling?

Now we are looking at a Top 10-15 show down in our newly expanded stadium next weekend, with SEC Nation coming to town. Things have changed in a major way since Mullen got here, and as frustrated as he makes me at times, I just wanted to acknowledge the great job he's done so far. We used to all say we want a coach that builds the program the right way...that a quick fix wouldn't last at MSU...we had to have a plan and a foundation. Well, everybody soak it in, because the foundation was laid over the last 4 years, and we are now starting to see the fruits of that labor.

This is just the beginning of a whole new, never before seen, era of MSU football...so don't let it pass you by without taking it in and enjoying it. It's easy for us to nit pick, I'm the World's worst, but we have a Special team this year and an incredible group of coaches. Our fan base is second to none, and many of our fathers and grandfathers that have passed, would have loved to witness the type of success we are seeing right now, and they were a key part of what we're seeing right now.

So take a minute to take in just how great it is to be a Dawg right now.....and then poke out your chest a little and wear your maroon proud. This is what we've all been waiting for.

Hail State

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Dramatic-Intense-Clapping-Reaction-Gif.gif

dawgs
09-27-2014, 10:50 AM
And we (most) were calling for Mullen's head last year.

Don't think many were actually calling for it as much as they were saying if he didn't get to a bowl and really allowed the season to fall apart, he should be gone. Most were giving him to the end of the season, they were just skeptical of him getting the season turned around.

LC Dawg
09-27-2014, 02:00 PM
I've always worn my maroon proudly but it sure does feel great wearing it lately.