PDA

View Full Version : Rooting interests for today

MetEdDawg
09-27-2014, 07:29 AM
- Obviously I think we could go ahead and say everyone ranked in front of us except TAMU would help us out if they lose. Not saying they will but any team losing in front of us would help. We could probably add Auburn to the list of people we want to win (although I don't think LA Tech is going to pose much of a problem to them anyways.)

- Need LSU to beat NMSU. Not sure that will be a problem either but it will help us if they are able to win very convincingly.

- Can't have any trip ups by our former opponents. UAB (2-1 on the year) plays FIU at home, USM (2-2 on the year) plays Rice, and USA (1-2 on the year) plays Idaho.

- Need as many teams below us (excluding LSU) to lose as well. Any teams below us receiving votes to be ahead of us will help us out if they can lose.

This week has pretty obvious rooting interests but I figured I would lay them all out and see what people had to say. I think if we believe we have a shot at the West (which at this point we all should), we need TAMU and Auburn to be as strong as possible when we play them. And if a few things go right today (maybe UGA or SC can get tripped up) combined with the fact I think we will see our overall number of votes go up after we mobilized this past week to educate the ignorant AP voters, I think we could get very close to creeping into the top 10

Leroy Jenkins
09-27-2014, 07:36 AM
I want aTm to come to town still in the top 10, and Memphis to pull out the W... In that order. Anything else that happens this weekend will be icing on the cake.

Mutt the Hoople
09-27-2014, 07:37 AM
I want LSU to beat New Mexico by 70, and the Texas A&M-Arkansas game to go to 8 overtimes.

smootness
09-27-2014, 07:52 AM
It's pretty simple. We want everyone on our schedule to win, outside of Ole Miss. When 2 teams on our schedule play each other, we want the team we haven't played, or the higher ranked team if we haven't played either, to win.

I'm not real concerned about what teams like South Alabama do, though. Our schedule is plenty good enough, and if we keep winning we'll jump a lot of teams.

Quaoarsking
09-27-2014, 08:17 AM
To stay within plausibility, Missouri over South Carolina and Washington over Stanford would be nice.

Syracuse over Notre Dame is probably too much of a longshot to ask for, but it could happen.

curmudgeon
09-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Don't sleep on Tennessee beating Georgia. I think UT is much improved.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-27-2014, 08:54 AM

This is the game Im ready for.
Mark my words, in 4 years, butch jones will have them competing for titles.

msstate7
09-27-2014, 08:58 AM
This is the game Im ready for.
Mark my words, in 4 years, butch jones will have them competing for titles.

Love butch jones

preachermatt83
09-27-2014, 10:12 AM

check your pm

smootness
09-27-2014, 10:27 AM

Stuff like this just doesn't matter. Win next week and we'll fly past teams like SC and Georgia.

That said, I think Georgia wins going away.