PDA

View Full Version : How about we cut down.....

BeardoMSU
09-26-2014, 07:04 PM
...on the number of OM threads, shall we?

Just a thought.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2014, 07:22 PM
They are our rival, and this is what it's all about. I don't understand what's wrong with talking about OM. I certainly don't feel less for talking about them. It's an endless feud. I've never understood the ants that creep out and say it's embarrassing that we talk about our rival. So what if we are obsessed? They are too. It's fun.

You are fighting an unwinnable if you are trying to keep MSU and Ole Miss fans from talking about each other, and I think it dumb when one side tries to be cooler by not talking about.

It's far more fun just to embrace it and give them hell.

blacklistedbully
09-26-2014, 07:28 PM
It's one of his pet peeves that he just won't let go. I've told him and others like him, it would actually be weird if we didn't care about those dirtbags up north.

Ohio State cares about Michigan and loves to talk trash. Same true of Bama-AU, Bama-UT, USC-ND, USC-UCLA, Oregon-Oregon State, Stanford-Cal, etc, etc.

It's just plain ridiculous, IMO to take the stance that we shouldn't either care about our rival, root against them, or talk shit about them. That's one of the things that make rivalries so fun.

BulldogDX55
09-26-2014, 07:29 PM
It's really just because it's our bye week. It won't be like this next week.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2014, 07:31 PM

This. After all, our second favorite team is whoever plays Ole Miss...and Memphis has a game tomorrow while we don't.

Dawgcentral
09-26-2014, 07:35 PM
I don't see the harm in it. Of course some obsess more then others, but mostly it's just great entertainment.

Is it similar to saying Beetlejuice three times or what? Are we empowering them?

Talking about them doesn't make them relevant. It's not like the former XFL, where everyone quit talking and it went away.

BeardoMSU
09-26-2014, 07:38 PM

That's true...I guess that hadn't occurred to me.

I'm not trying to be a dick, guys. I just prefer when we talk about how awesome that win over LSU was, or how badass our D is, or how we have a Heisman candidate at QB....anything but those irrelevant 17's up north. That clear it up? ;)

Political Hack
09-26-2014, 07:56 PM

I'm not trying to be a dick, guys. I just prefer when we talk about how awesome that win over LSU was, or how badass our D is, or how we have a Heisman candidate at QB....anything but those irrelevant 17's up north. That clear it up? ;)

I feel the same way, but they are an hour and a half from our campus and reside in Our State, so it's natural. Just can't wait for next week so we can start talking A&M.

RougeDawg
09-26-2014, 08:00 PM
It's one of his pet peeves that he just won't let go. I've told him and others like him, it would actually be weird if we didn't care about those dirtbags up north.

Ohio State cares about Michigan and loves to talk trash. Same true of Bama-AU, Bama-UT, USC-ND, USC-UCLA, Oregon-Oregon State, Stanford-Cal, LSU-OM** etc, etc.

It's just plain ridiculous, IMO to take the stance that we shouldn't either care about our rival, root against them, or talk shit about them. That's one of the things that make rivalries so fun.

You left one out, but I fixed it for you.

BulldogDX55
09-26-2014, 08:01 PM

For the average week, we usually discuss the game we just played through Monday and start talking the next weeks game on Tuesday. We just don't have that this time.

As far as that other stuff goes, we know. We all know and most can't stop smiling. Hell, a great deal of the threads are dealing with the media reaction now that they know. However, if all we did was circle jerk about how good we are, it'd get old fast. Always gotta have a little bit of hate flowing to help keep things fresh.

msstate7
09-26-2014, 08:06 PM

Just a thought.

If you wanna read about state, go to nafoom. If you wanna read about om, go to ED.

RougeDawg
09-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Some delusionalist posted that Bucky has a grudge against Memphis because he was passed over for their Women's Basketball Coaching Position. Not sure if true or not, but would be hilarious if true.

MS_half-step
09-26-2014, 08:53 PM

Just a thought.

I agree immensely. For a board that prides itself on no black bears there sure is a lot of rebel talk. It's getting a bit much.

BeardoMSU
09-26-2014, 09:07 PM
If you wanna read about state, go to nafoom. If you wanna read about om, go to ED.

Ineed, 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqb-YskrWns

Dallas_Dawg
09-26-2014, 10:04 PM

Just a thought.

I'm with you. We are going to curb stomp that ass this year. Our D line is going to abuse Bo Dirt.