PDA

View Full Version : This Week in GA Football Commits 9.26.14

BrunswickDawg
09-26-2014, 01:32 PM
It's Homecoming week in the Golden Isles of Georgia, and due to having a teenage daughter, I am posting early so I have time to clean my shotgun before young punk comes to pick up my princess. In reality, he is actually an ok kid. I just have to go to whatever it is my wife and his mom have cooked up as the "in" way to do pictures, listen to them cry about how the kids are growing up too fast, and try not to fall asleep before curfew. At least I get to watch our Red Terrors get revenge against Richmond Hill for the beating that Nick Fitzgerald put on us last year. But, I digress...

Kentavious Thomas and Baldwin (2-2) shift gears this week and jump into Region play against Upson-Lee (3-0). The Upson-Lee Knights have not produced any athlete of note - but it is where Frank Gordy, founder of the The Varsity went to school. So if you you like your dogs walking with rings and a frosted orange or a PC on ice, then you know who that is. Upson-Lee has a decent run game led by Kenderius Pennyman who had 119 yards and 2 TD's rushing last week. Thomas and Baldwin will be trying to bounce back from a grind of a game against Thomasville last week that they lost 19-18. Thomas rushed 21 times for 61 yards and 3 TDs against what must have been a stout D. As a team, Baldwin ran 44 times for 164 yards, so a 3.73 yards and a cloud of dust offense couldn't get it done. Hopefully they rebound tonight.

Trey Derouen and the Parkview Panthers (2-2) host the Archer Tigers (0-3). Archer has fallen quickly after catching lightening in a bottle and going 11-1 and making the 2nd round of the State Playoffs in 2013 - only the 5th year in program history. Parkview is looking to bounce back from a 7-13 loss in a slugfest against Grayson. Trey missed this game due to injury (can't find what it was), but is expected back this week. Parkview Coach Godfree commented, "We really missed him last Friday," he said of the Mississippi State-bound Derouen. "(QB Chambers) was under duress most of the night. We've got to get the ball into the hands of guys like Johnathan Boyd and Tyler Fleetwood and some of our other receivers, and having Trey back will help with that." Parkview runs a spread, so having a key lineman back will hopefully make a difference.

I'll be watching twitter for updates, but don't hold out too much hope. Press coverage of these two schools makes the Starkville Daily News look like the New York Times. Good luck to all our Dawg commits tonight!

BrunswickDawg
09-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Thomas just got his 1st TD of the night to get Baldwin back in the game 12-14 just before halftime.

Parkview is down 28-7 at the half.

BullDog
09-26-2014, 08:19 PM
this one post is richer than anything ever posted here.

BrunswickDawg
09-26-2014, 09:17 PM
I'll take that as a compliment, but it is far from the truth.

Bad news is that both GA commits lost tonight. Kentavious and Baldwin lost 14-12. Trey and Parkviee lost 42-7.