PDA

View Full Version : ICYMI: Brad Edwards, Mike Huguenin & Brandon Pertiner on Dak/MSU

Out of Bounds
09-26-2014, 12:36 PM
ICYMI this week on Out of Bounds/ESPN 105.9 The Zone...

Brad Edwards, National cfball analyst, with ESPN discussed Dak Prescott & MSU.

Out of Bounds blog: http://*******/1g6LJdD

Bo Bounds
Host, The Out of Bounds Show
ESPN 105.9 The Zone
Twitter: @bobounds
App: http://*******/1l69XZN
www.thezone1059.com

PMDawg
09-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Did you guys rehash how MSU has "no chance" to beat LSU in DV? Just curious.

DanDority
09-26-2014, 02:06 PM
Did you guys rehash how MSU has "no chance" to beat LSU in DV? Just curious.

Great Question! I'm very curious to know the answer to this.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Bo asked Brad Edwards, and I quote....

"Brad, with this season and next season remaining....does Dak Prescott have the chance to become a great college Quarterback?"

Well Bo, if he isn't already "a great college QB" he's a damn good one. So hell yes he has the ability to become a great college QB, and many think he already HAS become one. If you would have asked if he has the potential to become a NFL QB, that may have been a decent question. But to ask if he has the ability to become a great college QB is as if you're trying to act like he's starting to become good, but he's nowhere near great. And if you still have to ask if Prescott can become a great college QB, then you must have already determined that Bo Wallace will never be more than a serviceable QB. Because Dak is better...and if Dak is just decent, then you must agree that Bo is below average, right?

It's dumbass questions like those that make me wonder why I even listen to your show. You have a great analyst on like Edwards, and ask him that question? Shit.

MafiaDawg
09-26-2014, 02:18 PM
My gosh you idiots. Do y'all try and piss off any media that we have an "in" with? He made a prediction for us to lose by 3. It was dead wrong. It's called a prediction. He admitted it was wrong. Let's try and get the media pumping us up instead of the way it's been for years. Ripping them all the time isn't going to help.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2014, 02:22 PM
My gosh you idiots. Do y'all try and piss off any media that we have an "in" with? He made a prediction for us to lose by 3. It was dead wrong. It's called a prediction. He admitted it was wrong. Let's try and get the media pumping us up instead of the way it's been for years. Ripping them all the time isn't going to help.

You obviously didn't listen to him last week or you would be shutting the hell up right now. He predicted a 3 point loss AFTER he bashed our lack of playmakers all week and then changed his tune when all of his guests started picking State. So spare us the bull shit.

And we all know Bo is a State guy....that's why we get so frustrated about his constant putting us down before every game. He spends every week before a big OM game talking about how they have a shot, and spends every game week before a big MSU game talking about how we don't have the talent to compete. So again, spare us.

SignalToNoise
09-26-2014, 02:26 PM
The first time I listened to Bounds was the week leading up the 2009 egg bowl. He kept making comments like "MSU won't be able to keep close" or "Maybe they can at least keep the first half respectable". It felt like he was going out of his way to dog us. Haven't listened to him since.

MafiaDawg
09-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Well being a dick everytime he posts something isn't going to help get us any props on the radio. How about some legitimate discussion? Ever though of that?

CadaverDawg
09-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Well being a dick everytime he posts something isn't going to help get us any props on the radio. How about some legitimate discussion? Ever though of that?

Yea we had it last week with him. How bout you quit trying to be the police?

CadaverDawg
09-26-2014, 02:30 PM
The first time I listened to Bounds was the week leading up the 2009 egg bowl. He kept making comments like "MSU won't be able to keep close" or "Maybe they can at least keep the first half respectable". It felt like he was going out of his way to dog us. Haven't listened to him since.

Yea, that's my biggest beef with him. I know for a fact he is a big bulldog fan. That isn't even a question. So it pisses me off that he goes so far the other way to try not to be bias, that he ends up sounding like an OM homer most of the time. It's ok to let a little bit of your true colors show Bo. OM has Dick Cross's lame homer ass, and guys like McCready and Kellenberger are busy pimping OM in every interview they give....So can we have at least ONE State guy that shows us a little love on the radio, without having to poor mouth us first or talk about how it would be a shock to see us even take the same field with an LSU or Alabama?

hacker
09-26-2014, 02:31 PM
****in popos up in this thread

MafiaDawg
09-26-2014, 02:32 PM
Yep lets jut keep being our own worst enemy.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2014, 02:34 PM

You're missing the point, bud. How are we hurting anything when Bo is already a State guy that acts like an OM homer? We aren't hurting shit, it's already hurt. That's the whole point. I know you're probably a die hard Out of Bounds guy, it appears, and I have nothing personal against Bo....I just wish he would quit being so ashamed of being a State fan. If he was non bias towards both MSU AND OM, it would be fine....but he acts like State is a no talent loser and OM is a high talent threat, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

PMDawg
09-26-2014, 03:16 PM

Not sure if serious....

Shirley, you jest.

TheRef
09-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Not sure if serious....

Shirley, you jest.

Here...for your use.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/05/0550e0630e27661e7b5b18fc58bec79c17f698723f75f361c6 598abd94a5a603.jpg

codeDawg
09-26-2014, 03:20 PM

Being our own worst enemy would be not calling out people who should be on our side.

Jack Lambert
09-26-2014, 03:21 PM

I listen to him admitt he was wrong however he added a but to it. That's his problem even when he admitts he is wrong he's not admitting he is wrong. I have tried and tried to listen to his show but it is damn hard to listen to him the way he talks.

BLITZII
09-26-2014, 03:26 PM
You obviously didn't listen to him last week or you would be shutting the hell up right now. He predicted a 3 point loss AFTER he bashed our lack of playmakers all week and then changed his tune when all of his guests started picking State. So spare us the bull shit.

And we all know Bo is a State guy....that's why we get so frustrated about his constant putting us down before every game. He spends every week before a big OM game talking about how they have a shot, and spends every game week before a big MSU game talking about how we don't have the talent to compete. So again, spare us.

Ok, let me get this straight........"Bo is a State guy?" Really?

TheRef
09-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Ok, let me get this straight........"Bo is a State guy?" Really?

Yes. Bo is a MSU guy. Graduated from MSU and he is most definitely a State fan. He just hides his ties to MSU so hard that he can come off as being a non-MSU fan.

BLITZII
09-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Well he fooled the hell out of me!

MafiaDawg
09-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Yea lets keep doing what were doing, it working great**

Let's tweet at any and all media (ex russilo) when they pick against us or don't think we are as good as advertised and call them all sorts of names. That will definitely get them to give us credit in the long run.

SignalToNoise
09-26-2014, 03:46 PM

Let's tweet at any and all media (ex russilo) when they pick against us or don't think we are as good as advertised and call them all sorts of names. That will definitely get them to give us credit in the long run.

We can say whatever we want on social media. The only thing that will "get us love" is to win some ****ing games like we did last Saturday.

TheRef
09-26-2014, 03:49 PM

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f231/CruxisAurion/timetostopposting.jpg

chainedup_Dawg
09-26-2014, 03:51 PM

You really don't get it do you...I listened every day to The Zone from 8-5 since before the summer. All week last week it was interviewing people whom he labeled experts as to who they were picking and if they felt State had a chance. Every time one of them said something to the effect of "I really like State in this game" or "I think they have a real shot" his response was consistently "WHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT"? and after hanging up would go on about how State had no chance because we don't have the playmakers.

RougeDawg
09-26-2014, 03:56 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f231/CruxisAurion/timetostopposting.jpg

Ref, you must have a 2 TB external for all these memes and gifs.**

TheRef
09-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Ref, you must have a 2 TB external for all these memes and gifs.**

1 TB and it's not even a quarter full.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2014, 04:05 PM

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leod6qMyhv1qdezf9o1_400.gif&size=400x1000

Mutt the Hoople
09-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Does Bo think Dak is a Sexy Quarterback?

War Machine Dawg
09-26-2014, 04:23 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ElMQg59.gif

RougeDawg
09-26-2014, 07:58 PM
When are you people going to stop listening to "No Weapons" Bounds? If you stop listening and supporting his sponsors and let them know why you aren't supporting them, they'll replace "No Weapons" with a host that actually knows the difference between a football and a meatball.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2014, 08:45 PM
When are you people going to stop listening to "No Weapons" Bounds? If you stop listening and supporting his sponsors and let them know why you aren't supporting them, they'll replace "No Weapons" with a host that actually knows the difference between a football and a meatball.

Because it's either him or Doug Colson. I like Doug a lot, he's a great guy...but they talk a lot more pro sports, and even USM, while Bo pretty much keeps it in the SEC. And Bo also has a good group of guests typically, aside from McCready and Kellenberger. Hell, he's got a pretty good show all around if he would just quit trying so damn hard to show that he isn't a State fan.

I like hearing what Brad Edwards has to say, and several other guests. And most of us just want to hear Sports talk, and that's our only option. If there was a better option in town...trust me, Bo would have been gone years ago.

Wish we had our own version of Jox in Birmingham. At least those guys were former players at Auburn, Bama, etc....we get a cocky, marketing whore, that can't come up with one original thought about the football he covers, and spends more time trying to act like a bow tie wearing, grove chandelier hanger, than watching games apparently.