PDA

View Full Version : Hadn't thought about this before but...

BulldogBear
09-26-2014, 09:22 AM
...what if?

Michigan finds a reason to boot Hoke

LSU goes 8-4 or especially if worse than that

...does Les cut his losses and go to Michigan? Also, who might LSU take a look at? Poor Hud, this could be the year he really would have liked to have a strong showing.

missouridawg
09-26-2014, 09:24 AM
...what if?

...does Les cut his losses and go to Michigan? Also, who might LSU take a look at? Poor Hud, this could be the year he really would have liked to have a strong showing.

The real question, is does Michigan come calling for Les a third time?

I think it's pretty clear that he's not a great coach, but he recruits well. Imagine the first few years at Michigan with a crappy roster and Les. Ugly.

Quaoarsking
09-26-2014, 09:28 AM
Chip Kelly would be scary good at LSU

msstate7
09-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Michigan will go hard after harbough IMO. If they get em, they're back

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2014, 09:29 AM
...what if?

I don't think LSU would've offered Hud, no matter how well he did. LSU will start with Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, and Chip Kelly. If all of those guys turn down the job, they will proceed to offer James Franklin. If he turns down the job, they may go after Brett Bielema at Arkansas, if the SEC would let them. Bielema at LSU would be an outstanding fit. He would be dirty there and could recruit the perfect players to run his system. If they can't get Bert, they will go after Mora and Gundy.

Covercorner2
09-26-2014, 09:44 AM
LSU will be fine. Everyone knew they were going to struggle early on with their youth. I think they will figure it out...

Plus I really don't think anyone, from the coaches, to the fans, to the players were ready for us last Saturday. Not to downplay what we did, we were and will be the much better team. They had a bad matchup, didn't adjust and it showed- see 4 straight runs from 5 yards out. This will be a wake up call. I believe they will be more prepared emotionally, technically, and physically moving forward and they have some more big games at home...

dickiedawg
09-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Chip Kelly's is going to the NFC title game this year. He ain't going anywhere.

1bigdawg
09-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Michigan will go hard after harbough IMO. If they get em, they're back

They will try, but it is a pipe dream. Harbaugh is not leaving the pros for Michigan.

Chinchilla
09-26-2014, 12:41 PM
They will try, but it is a pipe dream. Harbaugh is not leaving the pros for Michigan.

Successful NFL coaches are always rumored, but does it ever actually happen? I can think of Al Groh, Saban and Petrino, but they were far from raving successes in the NFL. Those were cases of taking a college job before losing their NFL jobs. Saban is a slight exception there. Things weren't going well in Miami, but they weren't a disaster either.

Has a fully secure and proven successful NFL coach ever chosen to leave for college?

msstate7
09-26-2014, 12:54 PM

Doubt it too. 49ers are 1-2 though. If they have a disappointing season and harbough's school calls, it's possible

Intramural All-American
09-26-2014, 01:25 PM
I don't think LSU would've offered Hud, no matter how well he did. LSU will start with Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, and Chip Kelly. If all of those guys turn down the job, they will proceed to offer James Franklin. If he turns down the job, they may go after Brett Bielema at Arkansas, if the SEC would let them. Bielema at LSU would be an outstanding fit. He would be dirty there and could recruit the perfect players to run his system. If they can't get Bert, they will go after Mora and Gundy.

I don't see any of those 3 NFL coaches leaving to come back to LSU. I realize some coaches like certain aspects of college vs pro, but I don't see why one would leave college for the pros and then go back to college unless he was forced out of the pros. Franklin is a Pennsylvania guy, so I think he's at his dream job. I'll be honest, though, I agree completely about LSU and Bileima. I think that would be a fantastic fit, but like you said I doubt Slive would allow that.

I say all that to say I don't expect Les to leave this year, but if he did, I hbe no clue who they'd get.

Jack Lambert
09-26-2014, 03:28 PM
LSU will end up winning 8 regular season games. The crazies will not be happy but next year they will be dang good.

Bubb Rubb
09-26-2014, 03:46 PM
The real question, is does Michigan come calling for Les a third time?

I think it's pretty clear that he's not a great coach, but he recruits well. Imagine the first few years at Michigan with a crappy roster and Les. Ugly.

They could hire Sylvester Croom and he would recruit well at LSU. Recruiting well at LSU is not the same thing as being a great recruiter. I'm not saying Miles would do poorly at Michigan, just pointing out that the recruiting job would be a little bit more difficult there.

quickstrike2
09-26-2014, 03:51 PM
As much as I feel like Les is an idiot as a coach, he is not that big of an idiot in life. He know LSU is his ticket and won't leave till they run him off. He has done some of the dumbest stuff, and his players simply does not let him lose at times. LSU sells itself in recruiting, it's not hard to get the talent there. I will give Les credit for being able to get his team up for a game, he can motivate. He has had a down year or two, but that is like 9-3, this year will be interesting for him. For some reason, he is losing alot of underclassmen that aren't guaranteed 1st rounders to the draft, that has hurt. I do think the LSU faithful will sour if he has a down year or two, notice how cleared out that stadium got.