PDA

View Full Version : Haha McCready say...

CadaverDawg
09-26-2014, 08:42 AM
"Bo Wallace can be just as effective against Alabama as Prescott was against LSU".

Our success and pub is eating them up. They think about it 24/7

TrapGame
09-26-2014, 08:47 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

BulldogBear
09-26-2014, 08:49 AM
I've never seen anything to make me believe Wallace or anyone in Ole Miss's backfield is going to run roughshod over LSU much less Bama.

starkvegasdawg
09-26-2014, 08:58 AM
This is their version of circling the wagons. They know their limp wristed QB is worthless in the SEC. He can't run like Dak and can't throw like Dak. The only way he could get the ball as far downfield as Dak as if they let him throw it and then go pick it up where it landed and throw it again. Sort of like the punt, pass, and kick competition we have at halftime.

They are scared to death right now. They were all set to watch us get demolished by LSU. But like Mullen said in his pregame speech...Nobody had any clue what was about to take the field that night. They do now.

MSUDawg4Life
09-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Bama is going to expose the Bears.

BulldogBear
09-26-2014, 09:03 AM
This is their version of circling the wagons. They know their limp wristed QB is worthless in the SEC. He can't run like Dak and can't throw like Dak. The only way he could get the ball as far downfield as Dak as if they let him throw it and then go pick it up where it landed and throw it again. Sort of like the punt, pass, and kick competition we have at halftime.

They are scared to death right now. They were all set to watch us get demolished by LSU. But like Mullen said in his pregame speech...Nobody had any clue what was about to take the field that night. They do now.

They are afraid of the very real possibility that "their" year may become "our" year and as mentioned in another thread that just can't be. It just can't. It rocks them to the core of their self worth to look it up at MSU in anything and so they deny the reality of it if it comes. Just like they act like it's no big deal if we win in the only stat that really matters.

They're the idiot that says all we beat are bad teams and don't realize that they just insulted themselves.

SignalToNoise
09-26-2014, 09:03 AM
"Bo Wallace can be just as effective against Alabama as Prescott was against LSU".

Well I understand he needs to back his team's guy, but the fact that he directly compares him to Prescott is telling. It's as if he really said "Hey! We have a quarterback too!"

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I love that we got our breakthrough win while the bears had a bye week. There was no news about them all weekend except for their orchestrated commit.

msstate7
09-26-2014, 09:05 AM
I kinda feel sorry for bo. Neal's tweet, our winning in dv, and Dak being the best qb in the sec is putting unbelievable pressure on bo. Bo just doesn't have the talent to shoulder all this pressure.

Now that I think about it, 17 Bo

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-26-2014, 09:06 AM

"Can be" being the key words...there's no excuse for a 5th year senior, who has been in the same system the entire time, to be making stupid mistakes that he does.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2014, 09:07 AM
One more week of delusion Rebs, only one more! Time is running out so dream up your biggest, most macho dreams, and say it loud! Yell it from the mountain tops so everyone is clear on what you are going to do. Don't wait, because you only have a one more week. You can say anything you want right now, because no one can say your wrong.

Don't be bashful. We want to hear how good you are, and how bad your going to beat everyone with your big time recruits. Limited time offer here, because you only have a week.

GreenheadDawg
09-26-2014, 09:08 AM

Yeh it's funny I had some OM buddies blowing my phone up before the LSU game about how we are still MSU and don't have the talent to compete. Then.... NOTHING. Never heard from them again. They know what's about to happen

MadDawg
09-26-2014, 09:09 AM

How stupid. I'm not even sure Prescott can be as effective against Alabama as he was against LSU, let alone Bro "pick6" Wallace.

jimbo352
09-26-2014, 09:10 AM
I listened to Neal's podcast the other day and he was very complimentary of Dak. I was a little taken back with how much he was talking him up. So much so that I bet he got lots of angry emails from the rebel faithful. He also said we'd have an excellent chance to win the west if we take care of business against A&M. Jeffrey wright was still acting like a butt hurt phaggot, but he's just as bad as Fancy Yancy...

I was just surprised by the compliments from Neal, that's all.

TheRef
09-26-2014, 09:10 AM
Dan Mullen post-LSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZqEMXBWF_4

Saltydog
09-26-2014, 09:11 AM
the ball against them. I LOVE IT! GTHOM!!!!!

starkvegasdawg
09-26-2014, 09:11 AM
Yeh it's funny I had some OM buddies blowing my phone up before the LSU game about how we are still MSU and don't have the talent to compete. Then.... NOTHING. Never heard from them again. They know what's about to happen

I had the same thing. To tell you how obsessed they are one actually admitted early that afternoon he had been scouring the internet for pictures and stuff to send me once LSU started wiping the floor with us. They are so obsessed with us that they will spend hours searching the internet to find photoshopped pictures they can twist to try and make fun of MSU. But we are the ones that only live and breathe to compete with them.

starkvegasdawg
09-26-2014, 09:14 AM
the ball against them. I LOVE IT! GTHOM!!!!!

TSUN couldn't run it against this...

http://www3.crk.umn.edu/photogallery/homecoming/2012/powderpuff/data/images1/2012_920_powder_puff_football_2395.jpg

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2014, 09:14 AM
They are afraid of the very real possibility that "their" year may become "our" year and as mentioned in another thread that just can't be. It just can't. It rocks them to the core of their self worth to look it up at MSU in anything and so they deny the reality of it if it comes. Just like they act like it's no big deal if we win in the only stat that really matters.

They're the idiot that says all we beat are bad teams and don't realize that they just insulted themselves.

When you listen to people like Neal and Yancy who have continuously stated that "MSU doesn't have the talent", "Ole Miss is pulling away from MSU", etc... it must be very shocking to them when the look on the field and see numerous NFL players. Just when they think they had us beat, they realized that we were a full lap ahead of them and that's the only reason we were side by side on the racetrack.

chainedup_Dawg
09-26-2014, 09:15 AM
I kinda feel sorry for bo. Neal's tweet, our winning in dv, and Dak being the best qb in the sec is putting unbelievable pressure on bo. Bo just doesn't have the talent or the shoulder to shoulder all this pressure.

Now that I think about it, 17 Bo

FIFY

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2014, 09:16 AM

http://www3.crk.umn.edu/photogallery/homecoming/2012/powderpuff/data/images1/2012_920_powder_puff_football_2395.jpg

Holding on the yellow team's right tackle

msstate7
09-26-2014, 09:17 AM
If the tide rolls om next week, look for the calls to play the freshmen qb's.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2014, 09:19 AM
I kinda feel sorry for bo. Neal's tweet, our winning in dv, and Dak being the best qb in the sec is putting unbelievable pressure on bo. Bo just doesn't have the talent to shoulder all this pressure.

This is real. The amount of pressure that our win against LSU put on Freezus and Bo, is unbelievable. If they don't beat or play Bama to the wire, you will hear it. If we beat A&M on the same day, watch out. This thing could get ugly fast.

32 Dive
09-26-2014, 09:23 AM
I'd like to see "Dr. Bo", who should have multiple malpractice judgements levied against him, try to throw that Dak-type stiff arm.

Bully Dee Williams
09-26-2014, 09:30 AM
I'd like to see "Dr. Bo", who should have multiple malpractice judgements levied against him, try to throw that Dak-type stiff arm.

Exactly my thinking. Bo can't do physical and smash mouth like Dak. It's not even close. Don't get me started on the leadership qualities. Bo isn't even in the same zip code as a leader.

Political Hack
09-26-2014, 09:38 AM
they just don't get it.

starkvegasdawg
09-26-2014, 09:57 AM

In this case not only is it allowed...it is approved.

AlSwearengen
09-26-2014, 10:11 AM
I haven't seen any of olemiss' games, but have seen people talk about their problems on the oline. Can someone fill me in on exactly what their problem has been?

EAVdog
McReady has become such a homer. He's bought in, and promulgated, the whole talent gap myth as much as anyone. He's routinely said we have no playmakers to compete in the SEC.

Dak, DeRunnya, Jameon, and Josh are as big of playmakers as there are in the SEC. People need to come to terms with that. In fact I'd easily say we have more playmakers than Ole Miss.

LaQuon Treadwell would start for us, Dak over Bo, Josh over all their RB's Combined, and Jameon over their #2 WR. And DeRunnya is quickly closing the gap on LaQuon.

I'd take their Safeties all day long though.

LC Dawg

I'm pretty sure that's Bo Wallace carrying the ball. He wanted to run like Dak so he joined a female intramural team and told his team to hold so no one would hurt him.

EAVdog
09-26-2014, 10:13 AM
I haven't seen any of olemiss' games, but have seen people talk about their problems on the oline. Can someone fill me in on exactly what their problem has been?

Not being very good at pass blocking or creating holes for their RB's. Looked pretty pedestrian for most of the Boise game. Vandy and ULL they looked good but those teams are so bad hard to gleam anything.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2014, 10:19 AM

Pretty simple: They can't run the ball or stop the run. They also don't protect the QB very well, but haven't really faced a defense that could take advantage of that.

On the year against no team that can run the ball or stop the run, Ole Miss is averaging 3.9 yards per carry while their opponents are averaging 4.4 yards per carry against them.

Conversely, against a much tougher schedule, MSU is averaging 5.6 yards per rush and giving up 2.4 yards per rush

I guess they could get better and rise to the occasion, but it would seem as though the rubber is about to meet the road for them.

Goat Holder
09-26-2014, 10:23 AM

Bo Wallace vs. 2013 LSU: 30-39, 346 yards passing; 11 rushes for 18 yards
Dak Prescott vs. 2014 LSU: 15-24, 268 yards passing; 22 rushes for 105 yards

Seems pretty equal, statistically. Obviously we played on the road, but still. Only thing left to analyze is Alabama vs. LSU. Most people would consider Alabama better, so chances are Wallace won't replicate those numbers. But still, McCready wasn't THAT far off.

HOWEVER, what you can't measure is intangibles. Prescott wins in that department. The long plays, he almost did himself. Not coaching. I'd think much of Wallace's success has been due to their scheme. He's a good QB though, I've always said that.

Political Hack
09-26-2014, 10:23 AM
S is the only position group if trade with OM... hope they keep "winning" in February.

Political Hack
09-26-2014, 10:24 AM

Seems pretty equal, statistically. Obviously we played on the road, but still. Only thing left to analyze is Alabama vs. LSU. Most people would consider Alabama better, so chances are Wallace won't replicate those numbers. But still, McCready wasn't THAT far off.

I see 11 dead play, drive killers in Bo's stat line.

TrapGame
09-26-2014, 10:28 AM
This is real. The amount of pressure that our win against LSU put on Freezus and Bo, is unbelievable. If they don't beat or play Bama to the wire, you will hear it. If we beat A&M on the same day, watch out. This thing could get ugly fast.

Oh man, if we beat A&M and look damn good doing it while they get skull-dragged in VH by Bama it will go nuclear w/ their boosters.

blacklistedbully
09-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Bama is going to expose the Bears.

If Memphis doesn't first.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2014, 10:32 AM

HOWEVER, what you can't measure is intangibles. Prescott wins in that department. The long plays, he almost did himself. Not coaching. I'd think much of Wallace's success has been due to their scheme. He's a good QB though, I've always said that.

I'll admit, Bo is a very difficult QB to evaluate. My eyes tell me he isn't very good. He makes poor decisions, lacks arm strength, and his throwing motion is a dumpster fire.

However, he does put up numbers, but many of those numbers, such as yardage and completion percentage, can be attributed to his offensive scheme, i.e. bubble screens, swing passes, and short hot routes. But, it's difficult to define how much of production is due to scheme, and how much of it is due to his ability.

I will complement with Bo in this way: He has one of the shortest memories of any QB I've ever seen. He can throw 2 interceptions, and then lead his team to a score by continuing to press the defense. He isn't afraid to fail. That is probably his best attribute.

RougeDawg
09-26-2014, 10:32 AM
I pray that they try to run Bro against Bama. They'll be putting the freshman in due to injury.

I cannot wait until next Saturday evening. We will have backed up our BR performance and the Bucky bears will have anal bleesing. It will be epic because the level of delusion amongst that fan base is at an all time record high.

Goat Holder
09-26-2014, 10:42 AM
I'll admit, Bo is a very difficult QB to evaluate. My eyes tell me he isn't very good. He makes poor decisions, lacks arm strength, and his throwing motion is a dumpster fire.

However, he does put up numbers, but many of those numbers, such as yardage and completion percentage, can be attributed to his offensive scheme, i.e. bubble screens, swing passes, and short hot routes. But, it's difficult to define how much of production is due to scheme, and how much of it is due to his ability.

I will complement with Bo in this way: He has one of the shortest memories of any QB I've ever seen. He can throw 2 interceptions, and then lead his team to a score by continuing to press the defense. He isn't afraid to fail. That is probably his best attribute.

If Freesus hadn't signed Wallace, they wouldn't have been bowling in either of the last two years.

TUSK
09-26-2014, 11:01 AM

Nope, she's a 4 star OT Nick is recruiting.... they don't "hold".....

Coach34
09-26-2014, 11:04 AM
If Ole Missus scores 10 points on Bama I'll be shocked

msstate7
09-26-2014, 11:07 AM
If Ole Missus scores 10 points on Bama I'll be shocked

Assuming bama cleans up the turnover problem, I agree.

Bama 30
Om 7

Political Hack
09-26-2014, 11:20 AM
for Bo's sake I hope they don't run him. There's no need to put him at risk unless the game is close in the 4th Qt. He's not built to take the hits like Dak and given his arm issues, you think they'd game plan to protect him.

Bama doesn't have to be scared of their run game at all, which is scary considering what Saban could dial up under those circumstances. They will leave holes unprotected right down the A and b gaps at times. If OM can call those inside runs with their scat backs, they may be able to catch Bama slipping some. If not, it's going to be a long, long night in Dixie.

starkvegasdawg
09-26-2014, 11:26 AM
for Bo's sake I hope they don't run him. There's no need to put him at risk unless the game is close in the 4th Qt. He's not built to take the hits like Dak and given his arm issues, you think they'd game plan to protect him.

Bama doesn't have to be scared of their run game at all, which is scary considering what Saban could dial up under those circumstances. They will leave holes unprotected right down the A and b gaps at times. If OM can call those inside runs with their scat backs, they may be able to catch Bama slipping some. If not, it's going to be a long, long night in Dixie.

Something tells me that the last time the Confederates were beaten as badly they will be in this game was at a place named Gettysburg.

Coach34
09-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Bama left 5 in the box last year and absolutely dared them to run the ball-and they couldn't. I suspect we'll see more of that next Saturday

FlabLoser
09-26-2014, 11:30 AM
Dak is a coach on the field whereas Bo and his coach constantly argue.

MSUDawg4Life
09-26-2014, 11:30 AM
This game will be a total mismatch. Bama excels at where the Bears are the weakest. Running the ball. Stopping the run.

It's laughable to watch the Bear fans think they will the game.

Tide rolls. Big.

TUSK
09-26-2014, 11:31 AM
I just hope Nick doesn't "experiment" as much as he did in the OM game last year...

I think Bammer could probably throw it 50x or run it 50x and win either way...

That stated, I'd really like to see another "statement game" for Sims and the team... especially if GameDay is hosting the "Bi-Annual Biggest Game In Ole Miss Football History" this year...

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2014, 11:34 AM
I think the Bama/Ole Miss game will look similar to the Bama/Florida game. Unless, Bama turns the ball over, it will be a blow out.

Ole Miss will have no shot to run the ball or stop the run against Bama. Therefore, they must make big plays in the passing game. So... Ole Miss' hope is riding on Bo Wallace shredding the Alabama secondary and their offensive line blocking Bama long enough to allow it. That should be comforting.

Chip
09-26-2014, 11:49 AM
I've heard some Ole Miss fans saying that their up tempo offense will help them against Bama, just like the up tempo helped Oklahoma and Auburn at the end of last season. The problem I see with that line of thinking is that Ole Miss isn't close to being as good as Oklahoma or Auburn on the offensive side of the ball. Both those teams play an up tempo game, but both of them can really run the football between the tackles, and aren't dependent/limited to bubble screens and hot routes to the slot, as their offense's passing game bread and butter.

cheewgumm
09-26-2014, 12:00 PM
I hate ole miss u but trying to be as unbiased as I can, I can't see
How they can win if thy can't run. I can't fathom bama and Saban losing to a one dimensional ole miss team.

Like Tusk I just hope Saban does not get cute and looks at it as " the west is crowded and we need to kill some dreams to whittle this down a little"

War Machine Dawg
09-26-2014, 12:05 PM

They suck. The end.

But seriously, the lack talent and have NO depth. Most of them are "big" but they're really big tubs of goo. The only one of them that would start for us is Tunsil. Morris might play, but he'd be a 2.