PDA

View Full Version : where would #11 UCLA finish in the SECW?

TUSK
09-26-2014, 01:13 AM
and if any of you rat bastards say anything higher than 6th place, I will hunt you down, kick your dog, rape your cat, and salt your land so nothing ever, ever, ever grows on it again.

War Machine Dawg
09-26-2014, 01:25 AM
I'm actually with you. 6th at best. They're wayyyyyy overrated.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2014, 06:00 AM
UCLA very well could have lost to Virginia week 1 and only beat Memphis 42-35. That's not a top 12 team to me. ASU getting their tail beat last night that badly should be an indictment on the PAC 12 and should show how overrated they are. Glad ASU got smoked. They took a lot of votes from us because many AP voters ranked them higher than us. They had 43 voters rank them in the Top 15. That's going to change Sunday so we should jump up in front of them in most everyone's polls. Could help us out another spot or two in conjunction with the few others who acknowledged they didn't watch our game or read the box score.

As far as UCLA in the West, they are a good team. But a good team finishes 6th in the West this year. It's a gauntlet that very few teams in the country could handle every week. Give them our schedule or a schedule like TAMU's who starting next weekend doesn't play an unranked team until November. That's brutal and there's no way UCLA could handle that.

shoeless joe
09-26-2014, 06:48 AM
If ASU had their starting QB last nite it's a different game. Not saying they win but it's not a blow out. The Kelly kid is good. Drop off their is similar to JRob and our backup RBs.

And to answer the question I'd say 6th at best but that may be a little high.

Coaches in other conferences may talk a big game, they kinda have to, but every single one of them thank The Lord every nite they don't have to face an SEC W schedule.

msstate7
09-26-2014, 07:04 AM
You guys are tough on ucla. I don't think they're great, but they're a good team. They have a really nice qb (probably only behind Dak in west) and Myles jack would start for any sec west team. Yeah Ucla struggled with Virginia and memphis, but they won both games and dismantled a top 15 team on the road. Oh and Virginia beat louisville and played Byu really tough on the road.

I have no idea where Ucla would finish in the west. Saying 6th place is their ceiling is wearing sec colored glasses IMO, but I respect the pac 12 much more than you guys

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2014, 07:31 AM
You guys are tough on ucla. I don't think they're great, but they're a good team. They have a really nice qb (probably only behind Dak in west) and Myles jack would start for any sec west team. Yeah Ucla struggled with Virginia and memphis, but they won both games and dismantled a top 15 team on the road. Oh and Virginia beat louisville and played Byu really tough on the road.

I have no idea where Ucla would finish in the west. Saying 6th place is their ceiling is wearing sec colored glasses IMO, but I respect the pac 12 much more than you guys

Just because Arizona State was ranked 15th doesn't mean they are worth a crap.

UCLA vs Ole Miss would be a good game because there are some similarities. I have not idea how UCLA would hold up to Arkansas' pounding, and I think the other SEC West teams would just be a matchup problem for them.

shoeless joe
09-26-2014, 07:35 AM

ASU is not a top 15 team...yet another reason why early rankings mean zilch. I'd say they are top 25 with their starting QB. No where near that with the back up, who played last nite.

And you are correct they are a good team. Guess where "good" teams end up in the SEC W? 6th...

Think about the possibilities of who will finish 6th this year...all good teams. Heck, the 7th place team ain't gonna be too bad themselves. Our division is a different animal all together versus what anyone else in the country has to face. And I don't really think that is up for debate.

P.S.- been waiting for the "wren is fired" thread to start!

steeldawg
09-26-2014, 07:45 AM
UCLA very well could have lost to Virginia week 1 and only beat Memphis 42-35. That's not a top 12 team to me. ASU getting their tail beat last night that badly should be an indictment on the PAC 12 and should show how overrated they are. Glad ASU got smoked. They took a lot of votes from us because many AP voters ranked them higher than us. They had 43 voters rank them in the Top 15. That's going to change Sunday so we should jump up in front of them in most everyone's polls. Could help us out another spot or two in conjunction with the few others who acknowledged they didn't watch our game or read the box score.

As far as UCLA in the West, they are a good team. But a good team finishes 6th in the West this year. It's a gauntlet that very few teams in the country could handle every week. Give them our schedule or a schedule like TAMU's who starting next weekend doesn't play an unranked team until November. That's brutal and there's no way UCLA could handle that.

Don't sleep on this Memphis bunch. These aren't your 2011 memphis tigers... I'm glad we don't had them this year. They might very well make a statement this weekend.

msstate7
09-26-2014, 07:47 AM
ASU is not a top 15 team...yet another reason why early rankings mean zilch. I'd say they are top 25 with their starting QB. No where near that with the back up, who played last nite.

And you are correct they are a good team. Guess where "good" teams end up in the SEC W? 6th...

Think about the possibilities of who will finish 6th this year...all good teams. Heck, the 7th place team ain't gonna be too bad themselves. Our division is a different animal all together versus what anyone else in the country has to face. And I don't really think that is up for debate.

P.S.- been waiting for the "wren is fired" thread to start!

Personally I haven't seen greatness from any of the sec west teams. I've seen some really good teams though. Which sec west team has dismantled a good OOC team this year? Bama beat wvu, but not badly. Lsu barely bear wisconsin. Auburn struggled with ksu. Om struggled with BSU. Who's to say we (sec west) wouldn't struggle with Ucla?

Ps... Saving next brave thread for fredi's dismissal haha

Bubb Rubb
09-26-2014, 07:53 AM
Don't sleep on this Memphis bunch. These aren't your 2011 memphis tigers... I'm glad we don't had them this year. They might very well make a statement this weekend.

Sleep away my friend. Memphis is Memphis. I would love to see them beat Ole Miss, but the Rebs will cover the spread handily. Memphis has nowhere near the caliber athletes that teams in our division has.

TUSK
09-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Personally I haven't seen greatness from any of the sec west teams. I've seen some really good teams though. Which sec west team has dismantled a good OOC team this year? Bama beat wvu, but not badly. Lsu barely bear wisconsin. Auburn struggled with ksu. Om struggled with BSU. Who's to say we (sec west) wouldn't struggle with Ucla?

Ps... Saving next brave thread for fredi's dismissal haha

what kind of cat do you have?

RougeDawg
09-26-2014, 10:09 AM
UCLA would probably finish 8th or 9th in the West. They don't deserve to even be on the field with the current west teams.

Oh and those of you downplaying the Memphis bunch, do a little research. I won't be surprised if they beat Bucky this weekend.

msstate7
09-26-2014, 10:57 AM
what kind of cat do you have?

Offspring of bo pelini's***

Johnson85
09-26-2014, 11:39 AM
UCLA would probably finish 8th or 9th in the West. They don't deserve to even be on the field with the current west teams.

Oh and those of you downplaying the Memphis bunch, do a little research. I won't be surprised if they beat Bucky this weekend.

Somebody is really down on UCLA. Or maybe you'd like to make a bet? $100 straight up. You pick any 3 teams from the SEC West and if they don't finish 9th in the West (or even 8th), I win. Deal?

Bubb Rubb
09-26-2014, 11:47 AM

I've seen them play twice. It ain't gonna happen.

RougeDawg
09-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Somebody is really down on UCLA. Or maybe you'd like to make a bet? $100 straight up. You pick any 3 teams from the SEC West and if they don't finish 9th in the West (or even 8th), I win. Deal?

You obviously missed the hidden ** in there.

gravedigger
09-26-2014, 11:55 AM
5th. Come on

TUSK
09-26-2014, 12:01 PM
5th. Come on

Fine then, asshole... In addition to picking me up, driving me to TitleTown and buying my freaking whiskey, you're gonna do this:

go here: http://www.nipandbones.com/dresses-for-cats.html

I'd really like to see your cat wearing the Hot Pink Sparkle Cat Tutu (31.99)... I think that'd put me in the mood.

sleepy dawg
09-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Your guess is about as good as guessing where any SECW team will actually finish in the West. I think they would fit right in this year and would cause problems, just like every other team in the west is currently doing to each other. They very well could win the Pac12.