PDA

View Full Version : Complete game

FlabLoser
09-25-2014, 09:41 PM
So many years I've said, "if Mississippi State can ever play a complete game, they'd be pretty good".

That game in Baton Rouge is what I call a complete game. Great offense. Great defense. Good special teams. Kicker made all the kicks. Great coverage on punts and kickoffs. Had a good PR. Very few mistakes in all phases.

Frankly, that might be the only complete MSU game I can think of. What do you guys think?

It could also be that we were so dominant that we could make a mistake like the scoop & score and it didn't matter at all.

IMissJack
09-25-2014, 09:50 PM
The impressive thing to me is, take away a few miscues in the first 56 minutes, and the game is even worse for LSU.
For example,
Dak's fumble leads to their first TD

Graham did have a nice return, but he still let 2 hit the ground, 1 was downed at the 1, and he fair caught a ball inside the 5.

A holding call cost us a TD before the half

But except for these picky things, it was a complete game package until Dan substituted everyone.

Dallas_Dawg
09-25-2014, 09:57 PM
Reminds me of the year 2000 versus Florida and Auburn in consecutive weeks

missouridawg
09-25-2014, 10:18 PM
It was as thorough of an ass whipping as we have put on a good team in a long while. Until Mullen took the foot off the gas.

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2014, 10:36 PM
This is thing: I thought we played well, but it wasn't a complete game. We lost the turnover battle and made many mistakes at the end of the game. This team could be scary good if they ever do play a complete game.

lachepas565
09-26-2014, 08:19 AM
This is thing: I thought we played well, but it wasn't a complete game. We lost the turnover battle and made many mistakes at the end of the game. This team could be scary good if they ever do play a complete game.

It ended up being a 5 point game - could have been 3 with LSU not far from FG range if Les had decided to kick extra points because it wasn't a complete game. It was a total domination, but the game wasn't finished. Maybe that's just because of Les Miles and his strangeness, but the score didn't indicate the way the game was played because the final few minutes got away.

Honestly, kinda promising for the future.

TXDawg
09-26-2014, 08:21 AM
It was as thorough of an ass whipping as we have put on a good team in a long while. Until Mullen took the foot off the gas.

He won't make that mistake again.