PDA

View Full Version : Let's slow down on Arkansas, this TT defense is awful*

HoopsDawg
09-25-2014, 09:29 PM

Political Hack
09-25-2014, 09:31 PM
new DC tonight. the other one was "impaired" apparently.

FlabLoser
09-25-2014, 09:31 PM
He pulled an Andy Kennedy?

missouridawg
09-25-2014, 09:39 PM
aTm's defense is pretty bad too

Bully Dee Williams
09-25-2014, 09:47 PM
ATMs defense is bloated on cupcakes and a USCe team that wasn't ready in week 1. They're good, but I don't think they are as good as people think .

msstate7
09-25-2014, 09:51 PM
ATMs defense is bloated on cupcakes and a USCe team that wasn't ready in week 1. They're good, but I don't think they are as good as people think .

I'm very interested in how they hold up vs a very one dimensional running team. If arkansas runs well, aTm is in trouble with us

missouridawg
09-25-2014, 10:19 PM
aTm is going to struggle stopping Arkys running. We are going to run all over them too.

But you have to find a way to get their offense off the field without them getting points. Thats the tough thing to do.

Dawgfan77
09-26-2014, 05:39 AM
All the so called experts saying that Ark should be ranked is just not correct. They beat a Louisanna directional school Northern Il and a very weak Texas tech team. Sure they played Auburn tough for a half but Auburns D is not great. Ark has some good backs decent OL a turrable QB and croomesq WR. Flowers is a decent DE but there D is still a weak link. They are at best a 7-5 team

hailmari
09-26-2014, 06:49 AM
They're scrappy. I think they'll ruin somebody's season (OM).

evan_aggie
09-26-2014, 08:03 AM

Remind me, but didn't your defense play a bunch of cupcakes too? UAB, southern miss, southern alabama...

I agree with you that we're going to struggle here and there. I do think we've improved some.

I just think saying we look better than we are because of cupcakes can be said for you guys as well. LSU does not look good this yr. Ppl said Mike Davis was going to run all over A&M and i think they totaled 67 yards for the game on the ground.

TXDawg
09-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Remind me, but didn't your defense play a bunch of cupcakes too? UAB, southern miss, southern alabama...

I agree with you that we're going to struggle here and there. I do think we've improved some.

I just think saying we look better than we are because of cupcakes can be said for you guys as well. LSU does not look good this yr. Ppl said Mike Davis was going to run all over A&M and i think they totaled 67 yards for the game on the ground.

Yeah, but they threw for 366 on 20 completions (40 attempts). They only ran the ball 22 times that game - more because they were playing from behind than anything your D did to shut them down. At the end of the day, they put up 433 yards on 66 plays for an average of 7 yards/play. Compare that to TAMU's performance of 680 yards on 99 plays for an average of 6.86 yards/play. Yeah...ya'll really shut them down.**

Covercorner2
09-26-2014, 08:28 AM

Y'all are also ranked #6 in the country playing a very comparable schedule to ours with similar results. We aren't saying A&M isn't good, we are saying we don't think they are as good as people think they are...

TrapGame
09-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Y'all are also ranked #6 in the country playing a very comparable schedule to ours with similar results. We aren't saying A&M isn't good, we are saying we don't think they are as good as people think they are...

This.

evan_aggie
09-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Well, you may be right. We'll find out. I recall Miss St being 6-0 a couple of yrs back and then they finally crapped the bed when it came to the meat of their schedule. By the way, that avg yards given up is correct, but 2 plays were 70 and 55 yard bombs and busted coverage. We also played soft the entire 4th quarter.

But like i said. ..talk is cheap. We'll take care of Arkansas first then revisit this.

Dawgcentral
09-26-2014, 06:02 PM
" LSU does not look good this yr"

People say that now that we beat them up and down the field. They had gone 2 1/2 games without giving up points beforehand. No one was saying they didn't look good.

Bothrops
09-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Arkansas could win if they don't run out of gas. A&M is hard to out score. On the other hand, I think Ole Miss will go down in Fayetteville later this season.