PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else agree with me that the current game in the NFL is getting hard to ..

IMissJack
09-25-2014, 08:49 PM
watch? I really cannot stand the ticky tack defensive holding calls, no hitting the QB, a receiver lowers their head and gets hit, and a personal foul on the D. The whole thing is nothing but pitch and catch (boring). I'm just about to the point that I'm uninterested. ?t's the same thing I went through with NASCAR. I wasn't the biggest NASCAR fan, but I would watch big races. Now, every race has become the same, they have taken out the personalities and it is all boring. Am I alone?

Political Hack
09-25-2014, 09:09 PM
I've almost quit watching. fantasy football has saved the sport. without that, TV ratings would be tanking.

HoopsDawg
09-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Not to mention the commercials. Fantasy football and gambling are the 2 drivers that keep it going.

thf24
09-25-2014, 09:16 PM
In the last 2 out of 3 games I've watched and paid full attention to (tonight's game and the 9'ers game in week 2), it seems like there have been an inordinate amount of flags, to the point that it made it borderline unwatchable. I get the emphasis on (perceived) increases in safety in the modern PC world, but the League is going to have to level off and even go back in the other direction a little if they want to maintain traditional ratings.

And Hack/Hoops, you're absolutely right about fantasy. I personally used to be able to watch a good game no matter who was playing; now it only holds my interest if it's the Titans or a team I've got a key fantasy player on.

DownwardDawg
09-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Totally agree. Unwatchable.

Liverpooldawg
09-25-2014, 10:26 PM
I quit watching the NFL over 20 years ago for the most part. I haven't missed it at all. I have been trying to watch some this year, but it's just boring.