PDA

View Full Version : You guys have to read this...

CadaverDawg
09-25-2014, 12:57 AM
When asked why he voted LSU ahead of MSU, this guy's response...

@gsmitter: "LSU was Top-10. MSU unranked and won by 5. It doesn't always follow that team A beats team B and then is higher ranked."

FlabLoser
09-25-2014, 01:04 AM
In other words:

"I am unqualified to evaluate LSU's ranking so I rely on preseason polls and previous weeks' polls. Same goes for MSU. I can't evaluate what happened last Saturday to form my own conclusions. I just take the opinions of those before me (the polls) and tweak them a very small amount for what I might have seen or thought."

CadaverDawg
09-25-2014, 01:08 AM
In other words:

"I am unqualified to evaluate LSU's ranking so I rely on preseason polls and previous weeks' polls. Same goes for MSU. I can't evaluate what happened last Saturday to form my own conclusions. I just take the opinions of those before me (the polls) and tweak them a very small amount for what I might have seen or thought."

I'm dumbfounded. How does someone so stupid have a vote? Quars and company need to help us draw attention to this flawed system. I can't believe he said that. It's like saying "I'm an idiot and don't deserve a vote"

gravedigger
09-25-2014, 03:05 AM
My response....."it does in this case"

sbcmortgageman
09-25-2014, 04:36 AM
Maybe he's saying that if team B has more losses than team A but in this case he can't use that argument.

RiverCityDawg
09-25-2014, 06:21 AM

@gsmitter: "LSU was Top-10. MSU unranked and won by 5. It doesn't always follow that team A beats team B and then is higher ranked."

It should always follow when team A dominates team B on the road and has a better record than team B.

CadaverDawg
09-25-2014, 07:38 AM
That's exactly why it's so ridiculous. In this case it HAS to be that way, because we're only so many games into the season and we were both undefeated going in. Just another reason why preseason rankings should be done away with....they cause dumb people to make dumb decisions.

DawgHouseUnited
09-25-2014, 08:04 AM

This is a big part of it in my opinion. Some folks just look at the score, they don't actually find out anything about the game. It's a shame that some of the people that do that are the very ones that are supposed to know better.

TXDawg
09-25-2014, 08:05 AM

He also basically admitted that he didn't watch the game or even the highlights. When voting, he viewed the game as "merely" a 5-point win; not the 55-minute skull dragging that it actually was.

DudyDawg
09-25-2014, 08:11 AM
How do you not see the highlights? Don't own a tv? I mean seriously, if you're trusted to vote, at the very least turn to sports center and watch the highlights of ESPN's PRIMETIME GAME. it's not like he would've had to scour the internet. Turn to one hour of sports center before voting.

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2014, 08:11 AM
Preseason ranking are terrible and cause dumb people to make dumb decisions. All any pollster needed to watch was the first 10 minutes of the 4th quarter of the LSU game. When MSU's offensive started leaning on LSU's d-line and J Rob was busting out 12 yards a carry, it was easy to see which team was obviously better.

How is Oregon still ranked in the top 2 when they barely beat Washington State the other night?

It's like because people don't stay awake to watch Pac 12 games, they think those teams are underrated, but I would argue that Oregon is overrated because nobody stays up to watch their games. I also think Marcus Marriota's Heisman run makes people keep them there.

SignalToNoise
09-25-2014, 08:17 AM
There are a lot of games and it's impossible for every member that votes to watch every one of them start to finish and truly understand the ebb and flow. Even if he saw highlights, highlights don't always portray that we were in the drivers seat with our boot on their throat before the mass subs happened.

This guy saw the scoreline and probably thought we scored to go ahead with only a few seconds left and that LSU still had a chance to win it with the hail momma.

CadaverDawg
09-25-2014, 08:29 AM
There are a lot of games and it's impossible for every member that votes to watch every one of them start to finish and truly understand the ebb and flow. Even if he saw highlights, highlights don't always portray that we were in the drivers seat with our boot on their throat before the mass subs happened.

This guy saw the scoreline and probably thought we scored to go ahead with only a few seconds left and that LSU still had a chance to win it with the hail momma.

Even if that's what he did, there's no justification for them being above us. We won At Their Place. Nothing can make his reasoning seem Not idiotic

yjnkdawg
09-25-2014, 09:11 AM
Since some of these people, who have a part in determining how teams are ranked each week with their vote, are clueless, don't have time to watch, can't read what USA Today, ESPN etc. says, go by preseason or prior week rankings, or determines their vote because they are a well known team (LSU, Bama, OK, etc.), etc., then this is another good reason to put the pedal to the metal when you have the opprtunity. IMO.

CadaverDawg
09-25-2014, 10:17 AM
It pisses me off, bc guys like this are why we are behind OM, SC, and UGA right now. This clown obviously doesn't have a clue

confucius say
09-25-2014, 04:51 PM

So in essence, you are saying he sucks at his job of being an AP voter. Unprepared and doesn't care. I agree.