PDA

View Full Version : The entire LSU game just got posted to Youtube

mstatefan91
09-24-2014, 11:30 PM
for those of us who don't have the ability to watch it on espn3 for whatever reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v9HAOECKYg

messageboardsuperhero
09-25-2014, 12:20 AM
Just rewatched the whole game again for the first time. You have to give Mullen and the staff a ton of credit. That first 50-55 minutes of the game were by far the best coached I've seen an MSU team in a long time- hell, I really don't know if I've ever seen a better prepared MSU team in my life. Every button he pushed and every flip he switched was right on the money. Hopefully Mullen learned some hard lessons at the end, because those were the only decisions that kept this from being a damn-near flawless performance by him and the rest of the staff.

For the first 50 minutes, we dominated a top 10 LSU team in BR at night to a score of 34-10, and it very easily could have ended 41-16 had we kept our foot on the gas like we should have. Had we just left the starters in and didn't go to the prevent, we would've really blown them out.

Dawg61
09-25-2014, 12:47 AM
We dominated LSU for most of that game no doubt but we weren't without a few lucky huge breaks either. LSU could have scored on the goal line stand and would have had a pick 6 if JRob hadn't saved Dak from that awful decision to Brett Favre a pass under a minute in the 1st half. That's 14 points we got saved from giving up. We should have scored one more too and given up one less score on the defensive TD so it's still a wash score wise but things become awfully different if the score is 17-17 at the half instead of 17-3. I point this out for two reasons. One we are exaggerating our play some imo and two LSU in no way played like a top 10 team. Their QB sucks. They will struggle to finish in the top 20 this year. So let's temper it down some cause we just lost a huge huge piece of our team vs aTm and they are pretty damn good. aTm will not struggle to score vs anyone let alone against our weak secondary. Will Redmond, Love, Hughes and Cox are all going to need to step it up big time. We gotta get some interceptions and stop being the weak link on our team in the secondary. Townsend needs to get better play from his boys.

mstatefan91
09-25-2014, 01:22 AM
Keep in mind Dawg61 that there was also a BS holding call on Malone I believe at the third quarter that backed us up from the 1 to the 11 yard line on a 2nd and goal. It could have easily been 38-10 then. We should have also kicked the field goal later in the fourth quarter instead of going for it on fourth down and then it is 41-16, I believe, at that point.

You can't really count the goal line stand for points for LSU. We stopped them in their tracks with no lucky breaks in our favor. We just built a wall and would not let them in.

But you are right, small stuff adds up. We never let them grab too much momentum but I think our defense played a heck of a game and JRob saved us a huge momentum swing at the end of the half by breaking up that interception.

messageboardsuperhero
09-25-2014, 07:19 AM
We dominated LSU for most of that game no doubt but we weren't without a few lucky huge breaks either. LSU could have scored on the goal line stand and would have had a pick 6 if JRob hadn't saved Dak from that awful decision to Brett Favre a pass under a minute in the 1st half. That's 14 points we got saved from giving up. We should have scored one more too and given up one less score on the defensive TD so it's still a wash score wise but things become awfully different if the score is 17-17 at the half instead of 17-3. I point this out for two reasons. One we are exaggerating our play some imo and two LSU in no way played like a top 10 team. Their QB sucks. They will struggle to finish in the top 20 this year. So let's temper it down some cause we just lost a huge huge piece of our team vs aTm and they are pretty damn good. aTm will not struggle to score vs anyone let alone against our weak secondary. Will Redmond, Love, Hughes and Cox are all going to need to step it up big time. We gotta get some interceptions and stop being the weak link on our team in the secondary. Townsend needs to get better play from his boys.

Frankly, this annoys me...

The only TD LSU scored in the first three quarters was off of a defensive scoop and score... Was that not a lucky break for them? And if you say that it wasn't lucky for LSU to get that score because it was a good play on their part to knock the ball out, you also have to say that near pick six wasn't lucky for us because J-Rob made a hell of a play to break it up. I know you said those things were a wash, but it's still worth mentioning.

And I really don't see how our goal line stand was a "break" in any way. We have one of the best redzone defenses in America, and we stepped up and made four great plays- they weren't ****ing given to us out of sheer luck, we made the damn plays.

Yeah, I'm sure we caught a couple of lucky breaks, but so did they. Hell, the only reason they were even in the game at the end was because Mullen inexplicably put in Muniz, who GAVE them the ball back at our own 30 off of a botched snap. But I refuse to call the first 3.5 quarters of our game "lucky breaks" when we outgained LSU by 300 yards in Death Valley. The first 50 minutes of that game were as close to domination as you can get.

As for the rest of your post about LSU struggling to finish in the top 20, we'll just have to wait and see. I don't pretend to know how good they will be by the end of the year.

Dawg61
09-25-2014, 07:38 AM
I didn't call the whole game "lucky breaks". I just think some of y'all once again exaggerate things to the extreme good or bad and in this case you called our game vs LSU the best prepared team EVER in the history of MSU football that you've seen. Come on bro. Can't we just beat a good team and it not be the best win ever? Why is everything the best or worst examples ever. Nothing personal man you're just the last instance I noticed/commented on. We played well, yes. I am very happy with beating LSU finally, yes. Best we've ever played in the history of MSU football? No. We raped #4 Florida and Spurrier one year. Had like 400-500 yards rushing in that game.

messageboardsuperhero
09-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Fair enough. I said that was the best coached game I've seen from us in a very long time, and I stand by that... The statement I made after that was a stretch, I admit. And FWIW, I would have put the 2000 Florida game right there with this one in the "best coached games" category.

Dawg61
09-25-2014, 07:56 AM
Fair enough. I said that was the best coached game I've seen from us in a very long time, and I stand by that... The statement I made after that was a stretch, I admit. And FWIW, I would have put the 2000 Florida game right there with this one in the "best coached games" category.

Nothing personal. It's early and I'm just annoyed with the day. I'll drink my coffee and STFU. I am very very happy to have beaten LSU and at the same time very pissed the fu@k off with how Dillon Day is getting treated by the media. I want blood with Les Miles and LSU. I hope next year we kill LSU by 40 and get Miles fired.

Dawg4Life
09-25-2014, 08:00 AM
.... Come on bro. Can't we just beat a good team and it not be the best win ever? Why is everything the best or worst examples ever. Nothing personal man you're just the last instance I noticed/commented on. We played well, yes. I am very happy with beating LSU finally, yes. Best we've ever played in the history of MSU football? No. We raped #4 Florida and Spurrier one year. Had like 400-500 yards rushing in that game.

Don't compare what we were able to do Saturday night with Florida in 2000. Great win in 2000 but given our history against LSU and the fact that it was on the road, it isn't the same. Now to your point about "everything has to be the best or worst...etc." Dan has won a bunch of games in six years here. I only recall this win being considered the "best win ever." Please tell me what other game has been compared to this one?

I don't mind that you mitigate this win if you think LSU sux or this will not lead to greater things. However, I think your facts about "everything" is the best or worse is way off and your perception of MSU is skewed when you compare this win to Florida 2000.

DudyDawg
09-25-2014, 08:16 AM
Still curious how you can say stopping them on 1st down from the two was luck. That was just us putting our nuts on the table and winning. If anything, they were lucky to get that close considering they had a pass interference on Redmond to get them a fresh set on the two. No luck involved on our part.

And, like you said, we did have luck at other times. But so does every team in every game.

Dawg61
09-25-2014, 08:16 AM
Don't compare what we were able to do Saturday night with Florida in 2000. Great win in 2000 but given our history against LSU and the fact that it was on the road, it isn't the same. Now to your point about "everything has to be the best or worst...etc." Dan has won a bunch of games in six years here. I only recall this win being considered the "best win ever." Please tell me what other game has been compared to this one?

I don't mind that you mitigate this win if you think LSU sux or this will not lead to greater things. However, I think your facts about "everything" is the best or worse is way off and your perception of MSU is skewed when you compare this win to Florida 2000.

Same time of each year 2000 Florida vs 2014 LSU we had the more impressive win then than we did this last Saturday. We absolutely destroyed the #4 team in the country. You have the luxury of hindsight to know that Florida didn't finish the season as highly regarded as they were the week we beat them. Let this season play out and I doubt LSU is anywhere close to that #8 ranking we just ripped from them. I think we will have 2-3 more wins this year vs better teams than we just beat.

Dawg61
09-25-2014, 08:23 AM
Still curious how you can say stopping them on 1st down from the two was luck. That was just us putting our nuts on the table and winning. If anything, they were lucky to get that close considering they had a pass interference on Redmond to get them a fresh set on the two. No luck involved on our part.

And, like you said, we did have luck at other times. But so does every team in every game.

I consider every goal line stand to be lucky if no points are allowed after 4 downs. LSU got lucky when we came away with zero points at the goal line too. It's lucky because all the other team/coach has to do is kick the chip shot for 3 but they instead chose to gamble and because they did you got LUCKY. Yes we made 4 bad ass plays in a row but we never get the 4th opportunity unless we get lucky the other coach wants to be a dumbass. Satisfied teach?

DudyDawg
09-25-2014, 08:25 AM
I consider every goal line stand to be lucky if no points are allowed after 4 downs. LSU got lucky when we came away with zero points at the goal line too. It's lucky because all the other team/coach has to do is kick the chip shot for 3 but they instead chose to gamble and because they did you got LUCKY. Yes we made 4 bad ass plays in a row but we never get the 4th opportunity unless we get lucky the other coach wants to be a dumbass. Satisfied teach?

Nah. Still don't consider it lucky. Just us being better there. I'm fairly certain stats back up going for it from the two and odds say you can get two yards in four plays more than you can't. But agree to disagree I guess

Dawg61
09-25-2014, 08:30 AM
Nah. Still don't consider it lucky. Just us being better there. I'm fairly certain stats back up going for it from the two and odds say you can get two yards in four plays more than you can't. But agree to disagree I guess

Any outcome in any sport where you need the opponent to "risk it" means you got lucky that they did. Imo. We are just arguing semantics here.

FlabLoser
09-25-2014, 08:36 AM
We dominated LSU for most of that game no doubt but we weren't without a few lucky huge breaks either. LSU could have scored on the goal line stand and ...

No, they couldn't have. We stopped them 5-6 plays inside the 10, 4 of those being at the 1 or 2 yard line. Our guys manned up, punched them in the mouth, and executed flawless gap control. Goal line stands aren't luck. Goal line stands are maybe the least lucky thing in football.

EAVdog
09-25-2014, 08:39 AM
LSU will win at least 8 games playing in the SEC West. Don't fall in to that trap, they aren't some scrub team.

#8, perhaps not but don't diminish the win.

Dawg61
09-25-2014, 08:50 AM
LSU will win at least 8 games playing in the SEC West. Don't fall in to that trap, they aren't some scrub team.

#8, perhaps not but don't diminish the win.

I'm not diminishing the win. It's a great and much needed win vs a tough opponent. It's not however the greatest win in MSU history. Let the season play out to see where LSU lands and us as well before claiming that. The year after Auburn stole a National Championship we beat them. It sure felt like one of our best wins in the last decade but by the time the season ended it didn't mean shit cause Auburn sucked balls that year.

Really Clark?
09-25-2014, 08:58 AM
I'm not diminishing the win. It's a great and much needed win vs a tough opponent. It's not however the greatest win in MSU history. Let the season play out to see where LSU lands and us as well before claiming that. The year after Auburn stole a National Championship we beat them. It sure felt like one of our best wins in the last decade but by the time the season ended it didn't mean shit cause Auburn sucked balls that year.

Auburn sucked in 2012 because the team quit on the coach. We were a very big reason they had a quick and hard downfall. But it wasn't because it was a bad team, evident by playing in the national title game the following year. It had a lot of talent the coach just lost the team. Big difference between a bad team you have to rebuild vs a talented team that has quit. I would be shocked if LSU ends up anywhere near the 2012 Auburn team at the end of the year. A lot of people saw the possibility that Chizik built a house of cards.

Dawg61
09-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Auburn sucked in 2012 because the team quit on the coach. We were a very big reason they had a quick and hard downfall. But it wasn't because it was a bad team, evident by playing in the national title game the following year. It had a lot of talent the coach just lost the team. Big difference between a bad team you have to rebuild vs a talented team that has quit. I would be shocked if LSU ends up anywhere near the 2012 Auburn team at the end of the year. A lot of people saw the possibility that Chizik built a house of cards.

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that LSU could finish 6th or 7th in the West this year when you consider that 4 other SEC West teams are ranked in the top 10. In fact just based off of rankings alone LSU is headed directly towards a 6th place finish in the West unless they are the team upsetting higher ranked teams. Beating the 6th place team in the West doesn't count as best win ever.

EAVdog
09-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Just notice Ben Beckwith hurdled a LSU player on Dak's big TD run. I swear those LSU players were laying all over the field, there were a lot of near misses that night.

Percho
09-25-2014, 09:56 AM
Just count the positive and negative things for each team and you will see just how bar we beat them. We had many more positives on O and many more positives on D.

SunCoastDog
09-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Surprised Les didn't turn in the film on Dak for intentionally driving the LSU players head into the ground on that play.

Really Clark?
09-25-2014, 10:13 AM
It isn't out of the realm of possibility that LSU could finish 6th or 7th in the West this year when you consider that 4 other SEC West teams are ranked in the top 10. In fact just based off of rankings alone LSU is headed directly towards a 6th place finish in the West unless they are the team upsetting higher ranked teams. Beating the 6th place team in the West doesn't count as best win ever.

And they could also finish 2nd or 3rd. They do have a top 15 win already this season. I will say that if their QB play doesn't improve than they will struggle in games. But it is a huge difference between this team and 2012 Auburn even if they finish down in the west. That Auburn team just flat out quit and if nothing else they didn't quit Saturday night. Also, you have to consider the win at the moment to be close to on par with a 12 point win vs 2000 Florida at home. On the road and at Death Valley at night, bigger stage and tougher venue evens that out. Nostalgia makes things seem a little different than reality at the time. We were only up 24-23 going into the fourth against Florida. We did dominate them in rushing and sacking the QB but they threw all over Smoot at company to the tune of nearly 500 yards. And we turned the ball over 3 times, some sloppy play on offense. Heck we even lost the turn over battle last weekend and still won the game. You don't do that on the road in the SEC against that type of opponent. I contend you are letting the final score dictate that it wasn't as impressive of a win but I think it is at least on par with 2000 Florida at the moment.

Dawg61
09-25-2014, 12:08 PM
No doubt it's on par with Florida 2000 this week. We destroyed LSU. No question about it. It should of been 41-10 with us taking a knee. I'm thrilled with our performance I just think we're going to have 2 maybe 3 more wins this year more impressive than beating LSU at night in Death Valley.

Really Clark?
09-25-2014, 12:28 PM
I hope you are right but I'm not sure I see that many opportunities. Alabama is definitely one but between A & M, Auburn and UM I don't think there are more than one that will end up being any bigger than LSU and none of them might. Just too early to assume that LSU will lose 4-6 games to finish 6th in the west and you will end up with 5 losses to finish that far down. They do need to find a way to manage their QB play, that is a problem for them.

I seen it dawg
09-25-2014, 02:30 PM

Dude we whipped their ****ing ass plain and simple. Any other analysis than that is wrong.

I seen it dawg
09-25-2014, 02:30 PM

Dude we whipped their ****ing ass plain and simple. Any other analysis than that is wrong.