PDA

View Full Version : Which analysts/media persoanlities, etc have said "No suspension deserved"?

blacklistedbully
09-24-2014, 10:10 AM
We all know the Ole Miss propaganda machine, as well LSU fans, etc are going to be trumpeting Day's suspension as "proof" they were correct and there was never any doubt, etc. But the reality is, there are many in the media who have gone on record as saying otherwise.

IMO, the very fact that it does not appear to be a "slam-dunk" should have made Slive & company think twice before suspending Day. For sake of anticipated pissing matches with TSUN trolls, can we get a list of those media-types and/or experts who have come out against the suspension?

I have heard Paul Feinbaum & his producer. Is that accurate, and what others are there?

maroonmania
09-24-2014, 10:27 AM
The day Mike Slive does us a favor will be a rare day indeed. He would actually prefer we not beat the "power" teams of the SEC. Suspending Day will just make it harder for us to beat A&M so he is more than fine with that.

BulldogBear
09-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Slive would prefer he didn't have to put up with us even being in his own personal conference.

EdDawg
09-24-2014, 10:45 AM
If we are undefeated going into the Bama and escape Ttown with a win, crazy as it may sound, I think we will be under Slive's protective wing, because we will be one of the four playoff teams.

TheRef
09-24-2014, 10:49 AM
If we are undefeated going into the Bama and escape Ttown with a win, crazy as it may sound, I think we will be under Slive's protective wing, because we will be one of the four playoff teams.

We already are one of those teams in baseball....not as much in basketball (used to be...)......not even close in football.

chainedup_Dawg
09-24-2014, 10:52 AM

If we are undefeated going into AL, the flags will start flying as soon as we check into the hotel.

War Machine Dawg
09-24-2014, 11:03 AM
If we are undefeated going into AL, the flags will start flying as soon as we check into the hotel.

^^^THIS^^^ It's nothing new, but you gotta beat Bama AND the refs in T-Town.

blacklistedbully
09-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Anybody with names?

Quaoarsking
09-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Bo Bounds

TUSK
09-24-2014, 11:41 AM
^^^THIS^^^ It's nothing new, but you gotta beat Bama AND the refs in T-Town.

Damn skippy!!! We gonna hold y'all from coin toss til "rammer jammer"!

chainedup_Dawg
09-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Anybody with names?

So far, I have seen or heard;

Marcus Spears (All American Dlineman from LSU, tells you all you really need to know)
Finebaum
Bo Bounds
Weiner
Rick and Bubba (not really known for sports)
I can't really remember who it was but I thin I remember one of the guys on head to Head not agreeing with it.

msstate7
09-24-2014, 11:44 AM

Better hold us bc blocking us will be a tall task

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Most people other than MSU fans think it deserved a suspension, not just LSU and Ole miss fans. There have been a few other people who have sided with day, but the majority of people don't. He stepped on two people. The first one looked bad to me, and I personally felt like he would get suspended. I said it looked dirty when I saw it. The second one looked innocent to me, but the fact that it was the second time that game, it made him look worse.

The fact that only State fans think it was innocent should maybe make y'all think that it is the maroon-colored glasses that make him seem innocent. If you can't understand why he could have potentially been suspended for what he did, then you are not looking very hard.

Move on. It sucks that we are without our center, but we are. As others have said, it just sounds like sour grapes at this point, and it is annoying. It also makes us look bad with the whole "woe is us" attitude.

blacklistedbully
09-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Most people other than MSU fans think it deserved a suspension, not just LSU and Ole miss fans. There have been a few other people who have sided with day, but the majority of people don't. He stepped on two people. The first one looked bad to me, and I personally felt like he would get suspended. I said it looked dirty when I saw it. The second one looked innocent to me, but the fact that it was the second time that game, it made him look worse.

The fact that only State fans think it was innocent should maybe make y'all think that it is the maroon-colored glasses that make him seem innocent. If you can't understand why he could have potentially been suspended for what he did, then you are not looking very hard.

Move on. It sucks that we are without our center, but we are. As others have said, it just sounds like sour grapes at this point, and it is annoying. It also makes us look bad with the whole "woe is us" attitude.

So, you're saying all of these guys are MSU fans?:

Marcus Spears (All American Dlineman from LSU, tells you all you really need to know)
Finebaum
Bo Bounds
Weiner
Rick and Bubba

Covercorner2
09-24-2014, 12:10 PM

Majority of people like controversy and actions to be made (it wouldn't be this sensationalized if nothing came of it.) Also, the majority of people have only seen the edited YouTube video that speeds up the playback speed as he lands the first time

Covercorner2
09-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Add Danny Kanell to the list... Huge State fan**

Johnson85
09-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Slive would prefer he didn't have to put up with us even being in his own personal conference.

That's not really true. Slive doesn't screw us over because he doesn't like us, he screws us over because promoting the SEC is more important to him than ensuring fair play within it. It's better for the SEC for national names to succeed, so he does things to tip the scales in favor of national names. If we go on a four or five year run where national perception of us changes, we'll get treated much better. Sucks that we have to do things like beat a top 10 team with a starter suspended for stuff that an LSU, BAMA, and A&M player would never be suspended for, but it's not out of personal animosity towards state.

Boodawg
09-24-2014, 12:26 PM
They should treat it as an overturned call is treated. There must be conclusive evidence, which there isn't.

Johnson85
09-24-2014, 12:27 PM

Your and idiot. It's not only state fans that think it's innocent, but the issue is not that it was innocent. The issue is that it wasn't clearly dirty and no player from LSU or Bama would have the benefit of the doubt resolved against them like this. Any school other than MSU and Ole Miss in the West would at most gotten a phone call to the head coach telling them that while they can't suspend a guy, that guy needs to cut that shit out if it's in anyway intentional because they're watching.

There are more clearly intentional things in the same game, much less when you go back to players like Nick Fairley.

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Majority of people like controversy and actions to be made (it wouldn't be this sensationalized if nothing came of it.) Also, the majority of people have only seen the edited YouTube video that speeds up the playback speed as he lands the first time

And I've watched each incident in game speed 3 different times. As I said, the second one looked innocent, but the first one he most definitely stomped on the guy. Whether you slow it down or not, he extended his knee with force just as he landed on the guy. I don't think his intent initially was to step on him, but when he saw the opportunity, his emotions got the best of him. He is an Olineman with a mean streak that already had a dirty play earlier in the game, how is it inconceivable to believe he would do it again?

And congrats on 5 non-MSU people being on our side. Paul Finebaum's opinion means just as much as any other person. Just because he has a platform to say it on doesn't mean he is more qualified to have that opinion.

PMDawg
09-24-2014, 12:38 PM

how many years since your last holding call now?

RougeDawg
09-24-2014, 12:47 PM

We'll be lucky if Slive only suspends half of our team in this scenario.

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Your and idiot. It's not only state fans that think it's innocent, but the issue is not that it was innocent. The issue is that it wasn't clearly dirty and no player from LSU or Bama would have the benefit of the doubt resolved against them like this. Any school other than MSU and Ole Miss in the West would at most gotten a phone call to the head coach telling them that while they can't suspend a guy, that guy needs to cut that shit out if it's in anyway intentional because they're watching.

There are more clearly intentional things in the same game, much less when you go back to players like Nick Fairley.

The black helicopters are strong with this one.
And it was pretty obviously dirty. Many of you just don't want to see that. I'm sorry I don't jump on the school party-line here, but I feel this was fair.

Do I think Fairley should have gotten more? Absolutely, but that was also 4 years ago and a lot of safety rules have been implemented since then. Fairley probably would get suspended today.

DancingRabbit
09-24-2014, 01:15 PM
The black helicopters are strong with this one.
And it was pretty obviously dirty. Many of you just don't want to see that. I'm sorry I don't jump on the school party-line here, but I feel this was fair.

Do I think Fairley should have gotten more? Absolutely, but that was also 4 years ago and a lot of safety rules have been implemented since then. Fairley probably would get suspended today.

You are deluded or dishonest.

Say this Dillon Day situation never happened, but the identical thing were to happen at Tuscaloosa this year and Dan sent in a tape.

And you think Slive would suspend the Bama player for a Top 15 matchup? Get that shit outta here.

BulldogBear
09-24-2014, 01:21 PM
That's not really true. Slive doesn't screw us over because he doesn't like us, he screws us over because promoting the SEC is more important to him than ensuring fair play within it. It's better for the SEC for national names to succeed, so he does things to tip the scales in favor of national names. If we go on a four or five year run where national perception of us changes, we'll get treated much better. Sucks that we have to do things like beat a top 10 team with a starter suspended for stuff that an LSU, BAMA, and A&M player would never be suspended for, but it's not out of personal animosity towards state.
It doesn't have to be personal to be true! Perhaps he'd rather we had a baseball only membership***

BulldogBear
09-24-2014, 01:23 PM
You are deluded or dishonest.

Say this Dillon Day situation never happened, but the identical thing were to happen at Tuscaloosa this year and Dan sent in a tape.

And you think Slive would suspend the Bama player for a Top 15 matchup? Get that shit outta here.

I would add that a lot of us aren't necessarily saying Day wasn't wrong. We're saying that what Day did or didn't do is NOT the reason this suspension has been handed down. Day merely provided them with an excuse to punish us for beating LSU.

Tdawg
09-24-2014, 01:26 PM
And I've watched each incident in game speed 3 different times. As I said, the second one looked innocent, but the first one he most definitely stomped on the guy. Whether you slow it down or not, he extended his knee with force just as he landed on the guy. I don't think his intent initially was to step on him, but when he saw the opportunity, his emotions got the best of him. He is an Olineman with a mean streak that already had a dirty play earlier in the game, how is it inconceivable to believe he would do it again?

And congrats on 5 non-MSU people being on our side. Paul Finebaum's opinion means just as much as any other person. Just because he has a platform to say it on doesn't mean he is more qualified to have that opinion.

I'm with IAA on this one--and I don't mean just on the pitch.

AROB44
09-24-2014, 01:32 PM

If what Day did was so "dirty" why didn't the refs throw a flag at that time? Also, you would think that the player that got stepped on would jump up and be ready to fight Day for what he did. That didn't happen. How do you explain the LSU player and his teammates not doing anything at the time of the incident?

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 01:48 PM
If what Day did was so "dirty" why didn't the refs throw a flag at that time? Also, you would think that the player that got stepped on would jump up and be ready to fight Day for what he did. That didn't happen. How do you explain the LSU player and his teammates not doing anything at the time of the incident?

Maybe because both LSU players were on the ground for 5 minutes after the plays. And it wasn't obvious until you look back at the tape. People get stepped on all the time in football. It happens, and people don't freak out over incidental stuff like that. But after seeing a replay, it was pretty damning that it wasn't an accident. Look, we disagree. It happens. I've said my peace, and it's pointless to continue this charade

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 01:50 PM
I would add that a lot of us aren't necessarily saying Day wasn't wrong. We're saying that what Day did or didn't do is NOT the reason this suspension has been handed down. Day merely provided them with an excuse to punish us for beating LSU.

That's BS. Most everyone here is saying he didn't do it on purpose. If people believe he did it on purpose, but don't think it warrants a suspension, I'm fine with that. But people turning an eye and saying it was completely innocent is just homerism to me.

AROB44
09-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Agreed.....we disagree. I wish we had 10 more Dillon Day's on the team.

Covercorner2
09-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Maybe because both LSU players were on the ground for 5 minutes after the plays. And it wasn't obvious until you look back at the tape. People get stepped on all the time in football. It happens, and people don't freak out over incidental stuff like that. But after seeing a replay, it was pretty damning that it wasn't an accident. Look, we disagree. It happens. I've said my peace, and it's pointless to continue this charade

That's the point. It's not conclusive, concise, or clear. People are having differing opinions on the intentions of Day. And they aren't just state fans. Without CLEAR intent, AND without precedent for an event like this, how can you hand out a suspension?

MadDawg
09-24-2014, 02:02 PM
That's the point. It's not conclusive, concise, or clear. People are having differing opinions on the intentions of Day. And they aren't just state fans. Without CLEAR intent, AND without precedent for an event like this, how can you hand out a suspension?

But you have people who believe they DO KNOW what was going on inside Dillon's head. They are convinced. They don't care to hear any other opinion. They've seen the slow-motion replay and that's all they needed to know.

Ralph
09-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Marcus Spears said several times he disagreed with the suspension. Said cant suspend a kid for that. But he also strongly condemned Day's actions too. This will open Pandoras Box for no one but us unfortunately. There will never be another suspension like this, ever.