PDA

View Full Version : Dak vs. Mariota

starkvegasdawg
09-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Since everybody is saying Mariota is the current front runner for the Heisman, I thought I would compare his season to Daks after 4 games.

Passing: Mariota ? 1,135 yards 13 TD?s Dak ? 964 yards 11 TD?s
Rushing: Mariota ? 214 yards 3 TD?s (6.5YPC) Dak 378 yards 3 TD?s (6.1YPC)
Receiving: Mariota ? 0 yards 0 TD?s Dak 24 yards 1 TD
Total All Purpose Yards/TD?s: Mariota ? 1,349/16 Dak ? 1,366/15

Now I will say I have no idea how much of those 4 games Mariota has played. His back up has attempted only 20 passes this season. We all know how little Dak has played this season.
Just based on this I would say that through 33% of the season that Dak, at worst, is matching the proclaimed Heisman front runner. 171 fewer yards passing but 164 more yards rushing and 24 more yards receiving. Touchdowns are within 1. I think if we keep winning and he keeps just having his average game then he will make a very strong case for himself. This is when playing in the SEC West will really open some eyes because he will have done it against the premiere defenses in college football.

codeDawg
09-24-2014, 10:16 AM
If Dak performs at the level he did last week for the rest of the season, he can win it. He has:

1. the team to put us in the hunt,
2. the highlight reel for those that don't watch us all the time,
3. the personality and character to be popular,
4. his stats will be not the top, but good enough, and
5. a personal story of rising above adversity.

He can win.

DistrictDawg92
09-24-2014, 10:50 AM
I think it is almost safe to say that if dak stays healthy he will atleast be taking a trip to NYC. Very hard to argue against that at this point in the season

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 01:00 PM
One positive for Dak at this point is the SEC's defenses are as stout as they used to be. Other than us and Alabama, I can't think of an SEC team that really has a dominating D. And with all the high power offenses, that tends to lead to higher stats. If he can keep his INTs down and we win 9+ games, he's got a legit chance to make the short list.

RougeDawg
09-24-2014, 01:36 PM
One positive for Dak at this point is the SEC's defenses are as stout as they used to be. Other than us and Alabama, I can't think of an SEC team that really has a dominating D. And with all the high power offenses, that tends to lead to higher stats. If he can keep his INTs down and we win 9+ games, he's got a legit chance to make the short list.

Don't let our offensive power cloud your mind of SEC defenses. They are the best in the land. They just look pedestrian against us and Bama because we have players who fit each system perfectly and are also extremely large.

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Don't let our offensive power cloud your mind of SEC defenses. They are the best in the land. They just look pedestrian against us and Bama because we have players who fit each system perfectly and are also extremely large.

I guess my point is it used to be the SEC was known for low scoring power defenses. And now, the offfenses have surpassed that so you have a ton of high scoring affairs now. I definitely think our defenses are better than other leagues defenses, but our offenses have gotten that much better now.

fishwater99
09-24-2014, 02:59 PM
No doubt that Dak is a contender, but if we can win the next 2 games, it will be a given for him to be a finalist this year..

mathistondawg
09-24-2014, 04:18 PM
When is to early to start pushing it . If we beat Texas. I think msu should push this and give dak his due

mathistondawg
09-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Or do yal think just let our play out