PDA

View Full Version : Lasting effect of Day suspension.....

MadDawg
09-24-2014, 09:03 AM
I have a bad feeling the Day suspension could have a lasting effect if not on the whole team, at least for him. As in I would expect Day to be very reluctant to "follow" the play as he does in fear of finding himself in a situation again where he has to jump over players on the ground. He knows he has a target on him now and a conference administration looking for a reason to suspend him indefinitely.

I hope I'm wrong.

DownwardDawg
09-24-2014, 09:09 AM
I think it's going to be the opposite. The entire team is pissed off about it and they will play with a chip on their shoulder.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
If only the SEC put as much priority on off the field issues for LSU (Assault, Domestic Violence, Theft). I really wish someone who was active on twitter would tweet that Jalen Mills story to a domestic violence group...

borne
He will probably land on the ground now

RougeDawg
09-24-2014, 09:50 AM

Unless another player gets knocked on his ass underneath him. Get real dude. If LSU wasn't getting its ass kicked and keeping their feet, it's a non issue.

thunderclap
09-24-2014, 09:52 AM
I think that you're thinking way harder about it than they are.

MaxedOutMaroon
09-24-2014, 10:15 AM
I think that you're thinking way harder about it than they are.

Yes, I can say that DDay is one crazy guy. He might rethink where he steps but he will always run into someone after the play and do some dirtiness. My thing is if you are gonna do it "on purpose" (which idk if he did) but do it where the camera is not

hells bells
09-24-2014, 10:19 AM
I have a bad feeling the Day suspension could have a lasting effect if not on the whole team, at least for him. As in I would expect Day to be very reluctant to "follow" the play as he does in fear of finding himself in a situation again where he has to jump over players on the ground. He knows he has a target on him now and a conference administration looking for a reason to suspend him indefinitely.

I hope I'm wrong.

D-Day comes back better than before. These guys turn the page and move on. Hopefully working with the back up centers for the next two weeks.

codeDawg
09-24-2014, 10:30 AM
The lasting effect is that the team realizes that now that they are a contender, it is MSU against the world. They will be under the microscope. They will be more criticized than ever before. The little things that don't matter when you are losing, now matter a whole lot when you win.

These guys have the physical ability to win the SEC. Can they mentally and emotionally handle what is about to come at them? Can they handle success? I hope this is a lesson in how you have to do it.

We are blessed to have Dan, who has been here before, and Dak who is such a mature leader, to show the way for the rest of the team.

Dawgheadcheese
09-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Good grief MadDawg. It's a one game suspension - that's all.

Bothrops
09-24-2014, 11:02 AM

I hope I'm wrong.

This is possible, strangely enough, but he probably doesn't have to worry about his play vs. non conference lightweights. The SEC and the conference heavyweights don't want us going anywhere in football. Les Miles and the SEC proved this yesterday.

STATEBALLIN
09-24-2014, 11:12 AM

I hope I'm wrong.

I disagree, if anything it will galvanize the team. I think you will see them take an "us against the world" mentality know.

Political Hack
09-24-2014, 11:16 AM
I have a bad feeling the OL after the A&M game will absolutely maul everyone in their path. We're about to get nasty fellas.

We had a fire already and now there's an "us against the world" aspect to that drive... it could push us over the top against a team like Bama.

basedog
09-24-2014, 11:24 AM
What I'm saying and thinking Hack! If anything this will put more fuel to the fire for this football team, our fans are certainly fired up and I bet the team is as well!

starkvegasdawg
09-24-2014, 11:30 AM
I have a bad feeling the OL after the A&M game will absolutely maul everyone in their path. We're about to get nasty fellas.

We had a fire already and now there's an "us against the world" aspect to that drive... it could push us over the top against a team like Bama.

http://casjam.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/you-talkin-to-me.jpg

Goat Holder
09-24-2014, 03:27 PM
Damn you are negative. The team will just rally around this deal. When the haters start, typically it just makes you better.

Political Hack
09-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Damn you are negative.

funniest post of the day.

Offshore Dawg
09-24-2014, 04:09 PM

I know that it is a one game suspension BUT the team and Dan are getting a lot of bad press, SEC network, football final, CBS college football, to name a few. Many idiots are calling in and getting their negative points across.

MadDawg
09-24-2014, 04:31 PM

Well then I hope I'm wrong. I just worry that, as a 5th year senior who is about to be thru with his college career, Day might not be so quick to do something that might be taken the wrong way and cost him the rest of his playing time.

I really hope those that say this will galvanize our team is correct.

Percho
09-24-2014, 04:45 PM

Watch the video and answer my question in the thread I started. Answer the question. On both plays Day's foot still on the ground was less than a yard from the falling bodies still moving away from him due to inertia.