PDA

View Full Version : Listneing to Rick and Bubba on the way in to work this morning

starkvegasdawg
09-24-2014, 06:46 AM
and the subject of Day's suspension came up. They seemed to be of the opinion that what happened was not worth getting suspended over and what this will more than likely do is have every coaching staff in the SEC scouring game tape every Sunday saying so and so did this he needs to be suspended too since you suspended Day for that. They also said that things like suspensions should only be reserved for the worst of the worst on field incidents where there was a very clear attempt to cause a significant injury. Not a lineman jumping a pile and landing on some guy that is laying on the field

Slive and Miles have opened a Pandora's box here and I doubt they are now able to close it. If team A has a big game next week against team B and team B is a highly ranked team does anybody think team A is not going to scour team B's game tape from the previous week looking for something some of their key players did to try and get them suspended for their game? I bet old Yancy will be breaking down game footage like he was Dan Reeves.

ETA: Another thought I just had. If Dak gets injured in the A&M game because our backup center blew an assignment can you imagine how mad every MSU fan is going to be? There is just too much at stake for him to have been suspended for what happened Saturday night. Even if he did do it on purpose like some suggest it did not warrant a suspension. Especially with all the other stuff they let slide day in and day out.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Rick and Bubba are right. Slive should remove the suspension. It's ridiculous.

Dawgface
09-24-2014, 07:21 AM
You can bet they are not removing the suspension. And tapes sent in by the lower tier schools against the higher tier ones will not get the same attention from the sec. There have always been double standards and always will be as long as you have the Slive types in control.

Political Hack
09-24-2014, 07:23 AM
we need some guys to grow some stones. allowing this to happen without a full fledge blood bath of a fight is damn disgrace to our players and fans.

MrKotter
09-24-2014, 07:46 AM
we need some guys to grow some stones. allowing this to happen without a full fledge blood bath of a fight is damn disgrace to our players and fans.

Our athletic dept has needed someone with balls for along time. At present, all we have is a bunch who bend over and take. Scott sure as hell has never proven himself to have a backbone. No other school in the conference would continue to have a coward compliance guy like we do. It's frustrating as hell to continue to sit here and watch our athletic department continue to sacrifice our own.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-24-2014, 08:00 AM
Our athletic dept has needed someone with balls for along time. At present, all we have is a bunch who bend over and take. Scott sure as hell has never proven himself to have a backbone. No other school in the conference would continue to have a coward compliance guy like we do. It's frustrating as hell to continue to sit here and watch our athletic department continue to sacrifice our own.
And the worst part about it is that our old AD is Slive's right hand man...he's made one heck of a living from taking orders.

hells bells
09-24-2014, 08:22 AM
And the worst part about it is that our old AD is Slive's right hand man...he's made one heck of a living from taking orders.

Once again, when there is a sea of yellow jersey's on there backs and the O line is motoring down the field where does a 300 lb man step. Utterly ridiculous this has happened. The Rick and Bubba.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-24-2014, 08:39 AM
You can bet they are not removing the suspension. And tapes sent in by the lower tier schools against the higher tier ones will not get the same attention from the sec. There have always been double standards and always will be as long as you have the Slive types in control.

Slive gets like a $2 million dollar bonus if an SEC team is the national champion. He is protecting his' own interest by punishing lower tier teams. For instance, ass whipping was applied to a top 10 team, two more top 10's are looking at an ass whipping, I need to do all in my power to protect them.

thunderclap
09-24-2014, 08:42 AM

This.

BulldogBear
09-24-2014, 08:44 AM
This is not about Dillon Day and what he did or did not do in the game and that's why I'm aggravated with it. Wherever you fall on what he did, this is not about that. This about one thing and one thing only. Catchback for MSU beating LSU. And that's why I'm po'd about it.

ckDOG
09-24-2014, 09:03 AM
and the subject of Day's suspension came up. They seemed to be of the opinion that what happened was not worth getting suspended over and what this will more than likely do is have every coaching staff in the SEC scouring game tape every Sunday saying so and so did this he needs to be suspended too since you suspended Day for that. They also said that things like suspensions should only be reserved for the worst of the worst on field incidents where there was a very clear attempt to cause a significant injury. Not a lineman jumping a pile and landing on some guy that is laying on the field

Slive and Miles have opened a Pandora's box here and I doubt they are now able to close it. If team A has a big game next week against team B and team B is a highly ranked team does anybody think team A is not going to scour team B's game tape from the previous week looking for something some of their key players did to try and get them suspended for their game? I bet old Yancy will be breaking down game footage like he was Dan Reeves.

ETA: Another thought I just had. If Dak gets injured in the A&M game because our backup center blew an assignment can you imagine how mad every MSU fan is going to be? There is just too much at stake for him to have been suspended for what happened Saturday night. Even if he did do it on purpose like some suggest it did not warrant a suspension. Especially with all the other stuff they let slide day in and day out.

There is no Pandora's box. This is treatment reserved for punishment against the lowly MSU. I can assure you that similar punishment will not be handed down to players resulting from complaints filed by us in a similar fashion. This is why I am pissed. We will all get over one game for the starting center. It's the attitude we get from all angles after we do something unexpected. We are causing instability to the traditional powers of the conference, therefore, we get put in our place. This dirty shit (and this was debatably dirty) goes on every game...EVERY DAMN GAME.

We beat someone we aren't supposed to and the sore losers start scouring the tapes to find something to bitch about and deflect. Les Miles, defender of domestic abuse, arson, and discipline by team vote, has managed to suspend an offensive lineman for stepping on somebody. Not spearing. Not a late hit. Not helmet to helmet. STEPPING ON WITH THE ASSUMPTION TO HURT. If the SEC is going to suspend for this behavior, at least base it on him doing it in the open like a dumbass. I'd at least appreciate the honesty.

This shit is stupid. Manziel gets half a game for selling merchandise and mocking the NCAA. Nic Fairley gets nothing after trying to murder Aaron Murphy. Jamies Winston and Dillon Day are at the same suspension count this year. Jameis F'n Winston. It's pretty clear what this is all about.

RougeDawg
09-24-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm still waiting on a response from Slive and the SEC office. I CC'd Stricklin. Crickets thus far.

starkvegasdawg
09-24-2014, 10:09 AM
There is no Pandora's box. This is treatment reserved for punishment against the lowly MSU. I can assure you that similar punishment will not be handed down to players resulting from complaints filed by us in a similar fashion. This is why I am pissed. We will all get over one game for the starting center. It's the attitude we get from all angles after we do something unexpected. We are causing instability to the traditional powers of the conference, therefore, we get put in our place. This dirty shit (and this was debatably dirty) goes on every game...EVERY DAMN GAME.

We beat someone we aren't supposed to and the sore losers start scouring the tapes to find something to bitch about and deflect. Les Miles, defender of domestic abuse, arson, and discipline by team vote, has managed to suspend an offensive lineman for stepping on somebody. Not spearing. Not a late hit. Not helmet to helmet. STEPPING ON WITH THE ASSUMPTION TO HURT. If the SEC is going to suspend for this behavior, at least base it on him doing it in the open like a dumbass. I'd at least appreciate the honesty.

This shit is stupid. Manziel gets half a game for selling merchandise and mocking the NCAA. Nic Fairley gets nothing after trying to murder Aaron Murphy. Jamies Winston and Dillon Day are at the same suspension count this year. Jameis F'n Winston. It's pretty clear what this is all about.

This is why that every game we notice this happening we have to send it to the SEC and ask why nothing was done. Just flood them with their hypocracy.