PDA

View Full Version : Y'all just get ready

RC3
09-23-2014, 08:26 PM
As we continue to win, ole miss and others are going to go out of their way on a smear campaign. We are a threat. They will attempt to combat every piece of good press with something negative. We beat lsu, they go all over social media running down Day. We have a big commitment, they try to overshadow it with something of their own, a flimsy commitment from Lewis.... We beat A&M it's gonna be something else. Dak gets more love after beating A&M, something else.
Be prepared

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Just like they did at the end of the Sherrill era. I hope Dan and Scott have a plan because we've seen this movie before

RC3
09-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Just like they did at the end of the Sherrill era. I hope Dan and Scott have a plan because we've seen this movie before

It's not on them. It's on us

msstate7
09-23-2014, 08:30 PM
After we beat aTm and they lose to bama by 3 td's, I don't think anyone will be listening to them. Im sure they'll get Patterson to commit, but that'll be the extent IMO

preachermatt83
09-23-2014, 08:32 PM
As we continue to win, ole miss and others are going to go out of their way on a smear campaign. We are a threat. They will attempt to combat every piece of good press with something negative. We beat lsu, they go all over social media running down Day. We have a big commitment, they try to overshadow it with something of their own, a flimsy commitment from Lewis.... We beat A&M it's gonna be something else. Dak gets more love after beating A&M, something else.
Be prepared

you are exactly right.

Homedawg
09-23-2014, 08:32 PM
After we beat aTm and they lose to bama by 3 td's, I don't think anyone will be listening to them. Im sure they'll get Patterson to commit, but that'll be the extent IMO

If you think they are going away on recruits then you are being naive- and I know you know better. The price of poker went up sat night in Death Valley!

Maroonthirteen
09-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Yep RC3. I have been around enough to know the next course of events. Also when we beat them this year, it will be an all out war on our recruits, us through the media and PIs watching every step we take.

Yes, I'm serious.

I learned quick in the early 90s. I was joking with a OM fan I worked with all season up to the egg bowl. The Monday after the egg bowl, he got nasty.... Ugly... Personal. I learned their mo then and have seen it played out over and over.

IMissJack
09-23-2014, 08:46 PM
I am expecting many penalties against us in the A&M game also. I'm sure they are getting the word from the top.

TheRef
09-23-2014, 08:48 PM
http://www.evilsugarradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/haters.jpg

Tbonewannabe
09-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Didn't some UM poster talk on sixpack about a rumor about Dak before the season started?

MaroonState
09-23-2014, 09:00 PM
My question is: which rebel is going to let their wife screw a NCAA investigator this time? You know they are gearing up for a batshit crazy off season.

TrapGame
09-23-2014, 09:23 PM
If you think they are going away on recruits then you are being naive- and I know you know better. The price of poker went up sat night in Death Valley!

This^^^^^^

The bears expected Dak and Dan to crack under the pressure of Death Valley. They didn't crack but thrived! Then the cherry on top with Fletcher. The bears are in full panic mode now. When we beat A&M expect them to go full retard!

RougeDawg
09-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Let them try all they want to combat our positive. Its going to be difficult for them to worry about us, when they are in full defense mode during their spiral from the top 5 in two weeks.

Bothrops
09-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Be prepared

I agree with this. We made Les Miles look a little less competent as a coach, and as a recruiter, and he came after us.

Todd4State
09-23-2014, 10:47 PM
The reality is the problem isn't them going after us as much as it is us defending ourselves.

But we already know that.

Pollodawg
09-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Remember that time in 2008 when they thought they'd turned the corner, and again in 2012. Those were fun times. lol

preachermatt83
09-23-2014, 11:20 PM
Remember that time in 2008 when they thought they'd turned the corner, and again in 2012. Those were fun times. lol

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Taxi-Driver-Robert-De-Niro-Clapping-Gif.gif

yjnkdawg
09-24-2014, 12:03 AM

I agree..... The dirty OM method (price of poker $$) on recruiting players isn't going to stop even if they lost the rest of their games. This type of recruiting has been going on since the Johnny Vaught era. It just wasn't needed as much, until Jackie came to MSU and started getting more players that their big boosters wanted, and now with Dan here it has really gotten in high gear.

borne
09-24-2014, 08:35 AM
Do we really think Ole Miss is that powerful to be capable of all this behind the scenes?

Dawgheadcheese
09-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Be prepared

The media response from this past weekend's game shows that we need to quit worrying about "being disrespected". We have gotten tremendous love from every media outlet I have seen or read. When we didn't in the past, it was because we were not winning the big games. Looks like those days are behind us. Next is TAM.

Really Clark?
09-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Do we really think Ole Miss is that powerful to be capable of all this behind the scenes?

Its not the power, part of it is because it's in their DNA to play the game, cut corners (cut a close door deal in stead of letting it go to trail) it's part of the mentailty and the infrastructure they have developed over the decades. And as long as they are playing games with just us mainly, nobody really cares what they do instate. When they step outside of that notice how their recruiting looks. A lot of players decommit, league office fields calls from the bigger teams complaining and look they haven't really built on that top class with another top 10 class. They have power in this state tho mainly because of the foundation that was laid down decades ago.

borne
09-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Its not the power, part of it is because it's in their DNA to play the game, cut corners (cut a close door deal in stead of letting it go to trail) it's part of the mentailty and the infrastructure they have developed over the decades. And as long as they are playing games with just us mainly, nobody really cares what they do instate. When they step outside of that notice how their recruiting looks. A lot of players decommit, league office fields calls from the bigger teams complaining and look they haven't really built on that top class with another top 10 class. They have power in this state tho mainly because of the foundation that was laid down decades ago.

But year after year their biggest recruits are out of state kids. They must be doing the same things all over the country then if that is true.

Really Clark?
09-24-2014, 09:15 AM
But year after year their biggest recruits are out of state kids. They must be doing the same things all over the country then if that is true.

That's not true at all. The bulk of their biggest recruits come from Mississippi and Memphis. Besides the one year. That one year and their propaganda has you believing that is the norm. Or are you a plant as well?***

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2014, 09:21 AM
It wasn't at the end of the Sherrill era as much as it was at its height. All the crap they stirred up contributed heavily to Sherrill's downfall. It wasn't direct but the effect that the constant rumors had on recruiting hurt. If we aren't proactive it will happen again.

borne
09-24-2014, 09:22 AM
That's not true at all. The bulk of their biggest recruits come from Mississippi and Memphis. Besides the one year. That one year and their propaganda has you believing that is the norm. Or are you a plant as well?***

I was thinking about their 2013 year. I'm not sure where most of their recruits came from last year.

Really Clark?
09-24-2014, 09:48 AM
I was thinking about their 2013 year. I'm not sure where most of their recruits came from last year.

The hype from that one class does warp realty. Look at their classes from the last 5 years. That one class was an anamoly that has been spun to where people believe it's the norm. Now that's not to say they don't get more out of state recruits but a lot of those players are mid to lower rated. But their higher rated players for the most part come from local talent.

Maroon Blood
09-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Be prepared

^^^^Dead on truth right there^^^^ I've been saying the same thing.

shannondawg
09-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Yep most of the over rated lsu talk has been within state boundaries.