PDA

View Full Version : Leo to OM

Bully Dee Williams
09-23-2014, 06:59 PM
Leo Lewis has committed to OM per twitter.

Big4Dawg
09-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Per Twitter. Didn't expect that. Remember, keep the rumors off the board. Plenty of time left.

TheRef
09-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Exactly...calm down for now. Long ways to February. No need to trash talk a still potential recruit, guys.

RealHastings
09-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Damn

preachermatt83
09-23-2014, 07:03 PM
I noticed freeze posted a picture of a fish. Figured that's what it was... Well, we have 8 of the top 11 players in the state... Let them have their 2 or 3 .

Intramural All-American
09-23-2014, 07:04 PM
This just doesn't make any sense, though. Like, it's too random.

civildawg
09-23-2014, 07:05 PM
I agree. Time to go get the next available player and move on

HailState39110
09-23-2014, 07:06 PM
It's funny this news comes 24 hours after Fletcher Adams committs to MSU . I figured after the big win in Baton Rouge and then the Adams commitment OM would try and counter . Just standard operating procedure for the confederates

It_Could_Happen
09-23-2014, 07:06 PM
That literally came out of nowhere. It's almost to random to be true. M

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-23-2014, 07:07 PM
It's funny this news comes 24 hours after Fletcher Adams committs to MSU . I figured after the big win in Baton Rouge and then the Adams commitment OM would try and counter .

Leo will be a dawg in february. Just a hunch.

Bully Dee Williams
09-23-2014, 07:08 PM
I would love to have him, but I stopped losing sleep over recruiting a long time ago. Hopefully, he hasn't closed us off just yet.

TheRef
09-23-2014, 07:09 PM
I would love to have him, but I stopped losing sleep over recruiting a long time ago. Hopefully, he hasn't closed us off just yet.

I hope not either, but I'm certainly not going to freak out about it and create a ****storm over it. Just shrug it off and trust our coaches to make the right decision.

hailmari
09-23-2014, 07:11 PM
I really surprised. I'm also wondering who will be the first to say something dumb..

DistrictDawg92
Calling it now, this is our version of CJ Johnson/Brassel/Kailo. Only way to make any sense of this. I'm no recruiting expert, but with all his friends going to state and all the momentum we have, no way he doesn't end up at state. We shall see though

civildawg
I stopped worrying about recruiting the cj Johnson year. We all that our class sucked because it had some 2 and three star guys and now most of them are starting for us. Ole miss was way higher in the rankings and most of the guys we lost to ole miss aren't even on the team anymore

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 07:12 PM
This is the most inexplicable commitment this year thus far. My guess is that this won't stick. Too many of his friends are coming to MSU.

How did Ole Miss get this guy? They have nothing to sell to him?

msstate7
09-23-2014, 07:13 PM
I want em. That said dez harris, the Browns, and Gerri green allow us to rest easy

FlabLoser
09-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Let it go. Let it play out. Don't go nuts.

Coach34
09-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Well damn. We may never be good at LB ever again now

bobcat91
09-23-2014, 07:19 PM
@DemetricDWarren: Breaking: 2015 Stud LB Leo Lewis (Brookhaven HS, MS) commits to #OleMiss @TheLeoLewis_40 @VarsityPreps @SouthRecruit1 #HottyToddy

CadaverDawg
09-23-2014, 07:20 PM
I'll believe it when it's February

starkvegasdawg
09-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Perhaps doesn't want to face the competition.

Political Hack
09-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Congrats to him on his commitment. Hope he's happy there.

Saltydog
09-23-2014, 07:23 PM
though.....

TheRef
09-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Congrats to him on his commitment. Hope he's happy there.

Yupp...long ways to February and Signing Day but if that's where he wants to be, more power to him. You do you, Leo.

BeardoMSU
09-23-2014, 07:24 PM

Well said, coach.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Wonder if Leo has any interest in playing in the NFL as a LB?

DistrictDawg92
09-23-2014, 07:25 PM
This commitment reminds me so much of when Snoop committed to us, made no sense and just weird timing. Let's not have any negative comments towards Lewis and just see what happens

Bothrops
09-23-2014, 07:27 PM
I love Leo so much I want to take him fishing.

Political Hack
09-23-2014, 07:28 PM
This commitment reminds me so much of when Snoop committed to us, made no sense and just weird timing. Let's not have any negative comments towards Lewis and just see what happens

no one should ever have any negative comments on a 17-18 year old kid who chooses to attend a school other than yours. No matter the circumstance, it's their decision. No one else's. People should respect that even if circumstances seem awry.

RougeDawg
09-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Ha. I didn't think dan would start trolling the bears until just before we "Stomp" that ass in November. The win this past weekend must have him feeling frisky.

GreenheadDawg
09-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Yupp...long ways to February and Signing Day but if that's where he wants to be, more power to him. You do you, Leo.

Well said. Good luck making it to the NFL. I hope he made his decision for the right reason

DancingRabbit
09-23-2014, 07:34 PM
joedog, use a little common sense

ETA, good work mods

Dawg496
09-23-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm sure our staff isn't giving up on him. He's a great prospect that we badly want.. no reason to bad mouth him. If Ole Miss is where he wants to be then good luck to him, but hopefully we can get him in on an OV with the rest of the top in state talent and see if we can sway him.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm sure our staff isn't giving up on him. He's a great prospect that we badly want.. no reason to bad mouth him. If Ole Miss is where he wants to be then good luck to him, but hopefully we can get him in on an OV with the rest of the top in state talent and see if we can sway him.

I'm under the impression that many of good friends are our commitments, so would think that they've already been trying to sway him. Odd situation to say the least.

RougeDawg
09-23-2014, 07:40 PM
no one should ever have any negative comments on a 17-18 year old kid who chooses to attend a school other than yours. No matter the circumstance, it's their decision. No one else's. People should respect that even if circumstances seem awry.

I'm fairly confident that come January he will have witnessed 5 of 6, staring 7 of 8 and 8 of 9 in the face (they have 0.0000 QB's after this year), and our coaches will let him know where he needs to be if he wants to win a championship and clean up Mississippi. A guy of this caliber will want to play for a winner.

IMissJack
09-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Freeze needs to watch posting fish, after all they are being investigated for religious beliefs as we are...***

Bully Dee Williams
09-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Lol! The CL reporter confirmed the commitment and said that Leo's recruitment would go until February and be down to the wire between us and OM.

Coach34
09-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Leo is a very good player and is no way in the mold of a Brassell or Singleton-Manning...he will be a good football player wherever he signs- even if he goes to Oxford- where star talent goes to die.

MarketingBully01
09-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Lol! The CL reporter confirmed the commitment and said that Leo's recruitment would go until February and be down to the wire between us and OM.

Yep, wait till they hit the wall in their season. We passed our first test. Theirs is coming in two weeks. I wonder if Leo will still be committed to them when they are sitting at 7-5 after we beat their ass in the Egg Bowl. I am not worried. This won't end until February...

CJDAWG85
09-23-2014, 08:17 PM
With the victory last weekend and Adams committing this week, they were freaking out and had to do something. It's not over yet boys. Long way til February.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Good luck to Leo. We'd love to have him, but the truth is, we are going to stop the run with or without him.

MarketingBully01
09-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Good luck to Leo. We'd love to have him, but the truth is, we are going to stop the run with or without him.

I know we are still in play and odds are extremely good Leo ends up with us any way but the timing and everything is just extremely fishy on Ole Miss' part. I mean Leo visited Alabama against Florida last weekend. It's like they aren't even trying to hide anything at all...

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 08:50 PM
I know we are still in play and odds are extremely good Leo ends up with us any way but the timing and everything is just extremely fishy on Ole Miss' part. I mean Leo visited Alabama against Florida last weekend. It's like they aren't even trying to hide anything at all...

Why would they hide anything?

The commish is to busy on his witch hunt of our center

AlSwearengen
09-23-2014, 08:52 PM
I have zero information about Leo and his recruitment. I also have zero information about whether or not we are trying to give olemiss some of their own treatment with a planted flip. All of that said, if we were going to plant a flip, I never really thought Adams was a good choice b/c of the family connections. Leo however, I am hoping is playing that role.

starkvegasdawg
09-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Anybody have that pic of our lb corp taken back this spring in the locker room where Geri was just dwarfing everybody else in the pic?

msstate7
09-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Anybody have that pic of our lb corp taken back this spring in the locker room where Geri was just dwarfing everybody else in the pic?

Is GG mlb, olb, or de?

mic
09-23-2014, 10:02 PM
Is GG mlb, olb, or de?

He is a BA..
Bad Ass

starkvegasdawg
09-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Is GG mlb, olb, or de?

Guessing mlb.

AlSwearengen
09-23-2014, 10:45 PM
Is GG mlb, olb, or de?

During his recruitment, there was a lot of talk that he might end up being a DE. If not, he would be an outside lb.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Latest word is that Leo has been in touch with two of our commits tonight and told them that nothing has changed, he is still open, and will take visits. You should still expect to see him in Starkville this fall at our games with Farrod.

It appears that this is a hollow commitment that was done for alternative reasons and, just like before he committed, he is still open. Can't say I blame him.

This was simply a desperate move done to counter MSU's recent success, and it likely won't stick. Good for Leo and I can't wait to see him in maroon and white

What's funny about Ole Miss fans is that they are actually so naive that they give Freezus credit for this stuff. My guess is that Freezus just answered a phone call out of the blue today and Leo wanted to commit for some reason

MarketingBully01
09-23-2014, 11:03 PM
Latest word is that Leo has been in touch with two of our commits tonight and told them that nothing has changed, he is still open, and will take visits. You should still expect to see him in Starkville this fall at our games with Farrod.

It appears that this is a hollow commitment that was done for alternative reasons and, just like before he committed, he is still open. Can't say I blame him.

This was simply a desperate move done to counter MSU's recent success, and it likely won't stick. Good for Leo and I can't wait to see him in maroon and white

What's funny about Ole Miss fans is that they are actually so naive that they give Freezus credit for this stuff. My guess is that Freezus just answered a phone call out of the blue today and Leo wanted to commit for some reason

Yep, that is exactly what I was thinking.

maroonmania
09-23-2014, 11:10 PM

Not surprised if this is true but it doesn't shed good light on a player if he keeps flipping from school to school to school. There was really no need for him to make his second commitment at all yet if he is still unsure what he wants to do. Leo is one of the few players around that could wait until up until signing day to decide and still have an offer laying on the table from just about anybody he wants to go with.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 11:14 PM
Not surprised if this is true but it doesn't shed good light on a player if he keeps flipping from school to school to school. There was really no need for him to make his second commitment at all yet if he is still unsure what he wants to do. Leo is one of the few players around that could wait until up until signing day to decide and still have an offer laying on the table from just about anybody he wants to go with.

Sure there was a reason for him to make a commitment to OM. What there isn't yet, is a reason for him to sign with OM.

Remember, making a commitment to someone that can't develop you doesn't ruin your career. Signing with someone that can't develop you does ruin your career.

Leo is just making the most of his recruiting experience. It makes sense to commit to Ole Miss, and then it makes sense to sign with MSU. Leo wins twice

preachermatt83
09-23-2014, 11:17 PM

We had just won at Death valley, dominating in recruiting, and just got a commitment from Fletcher adams. Leo is a 17 year old kid.. The OM fan base was absolutely losing their minds and I figure the coaching staff was too so just for a moment consider how much pressure they were putting on Leo to commit. I think that Is certainly something to take into consideration.

preachermatt83
09-23-2014, 11:17 PM
Sure there was a reason for him to make a commitment to OM. What there isn't yet, is a reason for him to sign with OM.

Eggggg zack ly!

Radddawg
09-23-2014, 11:26 PM

It doesn't surprise me at all that the dumbest two sentences ever typed in the history of the internet were written by you Shotgun... You're a ****ing moron.

maroonmania
09-23-2014, 11:27 PM
We had just won at Death valley, dominating in recruiting, and just got a commitment from Fletcher adams. Leo is a 17 year old kid.. The OM fan base was absolutely losing their minds and I figure the coaching staff was too so just for a moment consider how much pressure they were putting on Leo to commit. I think that Is certainly something to take into consideration.

My word, if he thinks the pressure is bad now just wait until the final week before signing day. Tee Shephard will be a walk in the park compared to the pressure cooker they will put Leo under.

Reason2succeed
09-24-2014, 03:14 AM
My word, if he thinks the pressure is bad now just wait until the final week before signing day. Tee Shephard will be a walk in the park compared to the pressure cooker they will put Leo under.

By "committing" to the Rebs doesn't he take some of the pressure off? The coaches and fan base will turn some if their attention to other recruits since they "have Leo in the bag".

Really Clark?
09-24-2014, 06:19 AM
I have no information but if he does end up signing with us I believe he would be the first flip for Mullen from a UM commit. They don't usually loose a commit to us so I am not looking for him to be a part of this class. If it happens, great, but history tells another story of how it will end.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2014, 06:52 AM
I have no information but if he does end up signing with us I believe he would be the first flip for Mullen from a UM commit. They don't usually loose a commit to us so I am not looking for him to be a part of this class. If it happens, great, but history tells another story of how it will end.

History also said we couldn't win at night in Death Valley. It's a new day. You can take your history and shove it. Leo will be a dawg

Really Clark?
09-24-2014, 07:05 AM
History also said we couldn't win at night in Death Valley. It's a new day. You can take your history and shove it. Leo will be a dawg

I agree, when you are talking about a level playing field for the most part and the actual game. Like who wins in recruiting in this state vs who actually wins the games, 4 out 5 tells the real story. But don't be naive and think recruiting is a level playing field. Especially with that bunch. I hope he does become a part of our class but even when they had some really bad years with Nutt we couldn't pull a player that was committed to them. But they are very proactive in making sure they flip one or more of our guys. This is not a condemnation of our staff and like how they are being smarter about watching out for possible plants. Like I said I don't know one way or another where he will sign but until someone actually flips from them to us then the odds are very very unlikely that it will happen.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2014, 07:08 AM
What's crazy is that since Leo's commitment, he hasn't given one interview to Ole Miss websites or tweeted. It's like he's ashame of this whole thing. When big time recruits commit, it is usually a celebration and the player lays it all out there for people to see. The school he commits to websites usually have knowledge of the commit before it happens and may already have a commitment story, with quotes, written.

I can't explain how incredibly odd this situation is.

Really Clark?
09-24-2014, 07:19 AM
It is kind of strange. How many times have we had a player commit, even one we as the public were not sure of getting, and our site guy's had the story written two or three days prior to the announcement. Tee Shepard was probably the strangest, with him leaving the state pictures up nearly all day even after it was official. Last minute truly middle of the night happens.

Coach34
09-24-2014, 07:25 AM
Recruiting is orchestrated

There is no coincidence that this happened after we are getting a shitload of national press...they made it happen and did whatever it took

Really Clark?
09-24-2014, 07:27 AM

There is no coincidence that this happened after we are getting a shitload of national press...they made it happen and did whatever it took

Agreed

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-24-2014, 07:28 AM

Kids have committed to him to get HIM to leave them alone. Im not joking. He simply refuses to give up sometimes. Some kids like it, some it pisses off and they move on to "prospects higher on their board" and some kids just say "ok" so they will get the hell off their back.

I wouldnt worry about leo. He will be in maroon and white when the smoke clears, IMO.

AlSwearengen
09-24-2014, 07:44 AM

Sorta what I was thinking and hopefully their asses get burned big time in the end. That is an insecure bunch when the press that we get for winning one game ONE ****ING GAME drives them to do that. The thing is, the only people it affects are about half of our fan base and their entire fan base. Paul Finebaum and the rest of the media isn't going to quit talking about us beating LSU and start talking about a commitment to olemiss.

FISHDAWG
09-24-2014, 07:49 AM

exactly what I was thinking ... quite possibly was a determining factor in his decision

Johnson85
09-24-2014, 08:02 AM

Timing makes perfect sense to me. We have some good press so UM is countering. Could be Lewis was leaning their way already and waiting to pull the trigger for when they needed some good publicity for their boosters, could be UM freaked out and put the full court press and made it to where it was best for Lewis and his family for him to commit. Either way, more power to the kid. Hopefully we get him in the end but can't fault a kid for going where he wants to go or going to a situation that is best for his family.

borne
09-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Ole Miss rarely loses commits, we shouldn't assume he will flip to us in february

headcoach98
09-24-2014, 08:35 AM
What's crazy is that since Leo's commitment, he hasn't given one interview to Ole Miss websites or tweeted. It's like he's ashame of this whole thing. When big time recruits commit, it is usually a celebration and the player lays it all out there for people to see. The school he commits to websites usually have knowledge of the commit before it happens and may already have a commitment story, with quotes, written.

Was thinking the same thing....

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Timing makes perfect sense to me. We have some good press so UM is countering. Could be Lewis was leaning their way already and waiting to pull the trigger for when they needed some good publicity for their boosters, could be UM freaked out and put the full court press and made it to where it was best for Lewis and his family for him to commit. Either way, more power to the kid. Hopefully we get him in the end but can't fault a kid for going where he wants to go or going to a situation that is best for his family.

Rosebowl, Paul, and Faulk all had Leo leaning our way. Plus, one of Leo's best friends in Farrod Green. It's fairly obvious what has happened here, and we just need to continue to recruit Leo as if he is uncommitted and let it play out.

Recruiting usually makes sense and players end up where it makes sense for them to go. When is doesn't make sense and when things seem random, it's usually because there is an artificial variable that has been inserted. IMO, Leo is still an open recruit that simply committed to Ole Miss for other reasons than actually wanting to play football there.

Very rarely do Paul, Rosebowl, and Faulk all agree on something and it doesn't come to fruition. All have already said they would be surprised if this commitment stuck.

Really Clark?
09-24-2014, 08:40 AM
Ole Miss rarely loses commits, we shouldn't assume he will flip to us in february

It's more like they don't lose commits to us. But they have a fairly significant turnover rate with commits going elsewhere. Even a couple of years ago with the highly rated class, during the year and at the end they lost multiple players. They just don't lose the ones in state and especially a player to us since Mullen has been here. The reverse happens a good bit though however, they are doing us a favor usually when they do this. Those players are not panning out for them. Makes you wonder why doesn't it.

cheewgumm
09-24-2014, 08:42 AM
We better call j peters and tell to be on the lookout for the anxious beaver next week because we are going to beat A & M and they are losing to BAMA. When it looks to them that we might make the final 4 they're going to freak.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-24-2014, 08:45 AM

If you can call him an OM "commit".

borne
09-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Leo probably knows that he will be able to have a great time in Oxford on October 4th. Everyone will know him there and he will get lots of attention because he is a new commit. And we all know what the square is like on a saturday night. Can't blame him for wanting to enjoy Oxford and all the coeds there.

DawgHouseUnited
09-24-2014, 09:02 AM

Is anyone surprised that our performance on the field causes OM to try and win the recruiting game? I see two very different priorities there...

joedog
09-24-2014, 09:02 AM

Can you or anyone else explain what that means? ^^
How does a school make it better for him and his family to commit to them? (other than the obvious).

I'm not being sarcastic with this either. I would really like to know. If that is where he thinks he fits in best more power to him and best of luck.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Guys, we can continue to state the obvious and tell people to "read between the lines", but It's fairly obvious what happened here and we probably just need to leave it alone. Leo's recruitment won't end till signing day and MSU will likely play a huge role in that.

Most all of Leo's friends are committed to MSU, MSU has a great linebackers coach, MSU has an outstanding team, and MSU is putting LBs in the NFL. If all of this isn't enough to get Leo, then we likely never had a shot anyway. You can't make people's priorities the same as yours. If being an NFL linebacker and winning games isn't Leo's top priority, then it makes a lot of sense to go to Ole Miss.

Just let it play out. This commitment mean virtually nothing.

NorCalDawg
09-24-2014, 09:21 AM

I'm glad you brought this up, because I find it odd, too. It looks like his last tweet was the retweet of the announcement from @DemetricDWarren 14 hrs ago. Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but there doesn't appear to be the hoopla around his commitment that I've seen from others that we've been in a battle with OM for. It has been unusually quiet for such a big commit.

The only concern I have with his commit to OM is that they use Leo to try and flip our commits. keepingthingsonthedownlowku

cheewgumm
09-24-2014, 09:28 AM
We should send side by side picks of F Green and H Freeze with the caption " Bros before Hos"

maroonmania
09-24-2014, 09:40 AM

And if there is a recruit they are dealing with where they can "make it happen" in September odds are pretty high in my mind that they will also be able to "make it happen" in February. If someone can be manipulated now is there a reason he wouldn't be able to be manipulated 5 months from now? Just asking?

thunderclap
09-24-2014, 09:54 AM
The only concern I have with his commit to OM is that they use Leo to try and flip our commits. keepingthingsonthedownlowku

I'd feel a lot better about our dozen trying to flip him.

defiantdog
09-24-2014, 10:02 AM
i guess he's not taking a slow approach like he said. It's interestinf that he did this so quietly.... Almost like he was ashamed.

AlSwearengen
09-24-2014, 10:37 AM
We should send side by side picks of F Green and H Freeze with the caption " Bros before Hos"

Someone make this happen. Bears will shit. Hell, Bucky might throw a fit and take to Twitter.

MarketingBully01
09-24-2014, 11:08 AM

This is what happened. Robbie all but confirmed it as Leo has talked with our coaches. If we take care of business on the field, things have a way of working themselves out. I am not worried about this "obvious" smoke screen game Ole Miss is playing.

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 11:35 AM
My thing is, in order for him to commit to ole miss, he had to have them above us at this point, which is concerning. Ole miss couldn't get just anyone to commit at anytime. This may not stick, but the fact that he was even WILLING to commit to them at this point, whether to make them look good or not, worries me. After saying that, this whole situation is very strange, but I really can't understand why all of y'all are not worried at all about this. I mean, he is committed to them.

starkvegasdawg
09-24-2014, 11:43 AM
My thing is, in order for him to commit to ole miss, he had to have them above us at this point, which is concerning. Ole miss couldn't get just anyone to commit at anytime. This may not stick, but the fact that he was even WILLING to commit to them at this point, whether to make them look good or not, worries me. After saying that, this whole situation is very strange, but I really can't understand why all of y'all are not worried at all about this. I mean, he is committed to them.

I'll give you two words that explain why I am not worried...Gerri Green.

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 11:47 AM
I'll give you two words that explain why I am not worried...Gerri Green.

There are 3 LB spots, but I will say that LB is one position we seem to always be solid at. LB and RB.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2014, 12:00 PM

Not necessarily

defiantdog
09-24-2014, 12:00 PM
There are 3 LB spots, but I will say that LB is one position we seem to always be solid at. LB and RB.

Green and Lewis both play MLB.... The Sam and Mike positions are hybrid style LB's in Collins system. Lewis would share time with Green just like Green will share time with R. Brown next year.

Johnson85
09-24-2014, 12:10 PM
I really can't understand why all of y'all are not worried at all about this.

Because there's not much point in worrying about recruiting. Mostly because if you're not a bagman and don't have a relationship with the recruit, it's pretty much out of your control. But also because we have multitudes of examples where highly recruited recruits don't pan out and State and UM have a history of having their biggest battles and most heartburn over the biggest busts. And also because we will be ok at LB regardless. Everything I've heard about Leo Lewis is positive, on field and off, and I'd obviously prefer that he end up at MSU. But I'm not going to worry about it in February if he ends up somewhere else, much less worry about it in September.

BulldogDX55
09-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Green and Lewis both play MLB.... The Sam and Mike positions are hybrid style LB's in Collins system. Lewis would share time with Green just like Green will share time with R. Brown next year.

This. A lot of people don't seem to realize that during the goal line stand vs. LSU, the linebackers were McKinney, R. Brown, and Turtle.

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Because there's not much point in worrying about recruiting. Mostly because if you're not a bagman and don't have a relationship with the recruit, it's pretty much out of your control. But also because we have multitudes of examples where highly recruited recruits don't pan out and State and UM have a history of having their biggest battles and most heartburn over the biggest busts. And also because we will be ok at LB regardless. Everything I've heard about Leo Lewis is positive, on field and off, and I'd obviously prefer that he end up at MSU. But I'm not going to worry about it in February if he ends up somewhere else, much less worry about it in September.

I actually completely agree with this. My wordage was misleading to how I truly feel. I'm not worried, per say, because recruiting isn't as big of a deal to me anymore. I'm just saying I don't see how people blow this development off as a non-development and totally disregard the fact that this guy may actually want to play at ole miss

Johnson85
09-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Can you or anyone else explain what that means? ^^
How does a school make it better for him and his family to commit to them? (other than the obvious).

I'm not being sarcastic with this either. I would really like to know. If that is where he thinks he fits in best more power to him and best of luck.

There are lots of things schools can do to help families out. A lot of it is ultimately insignificant and unfortunately plays too big of a role in recruits decisions, often to their detriment. But other times the help is a little more long term and it really does make a serious impact to their family. If you're an 18 year old kid and you're told that going to a certain school would result in one of your parents getting a significantly better, more stable job; or would result in your brother/sister getting into medical/dental/law school after previously not making it, wouldn't you man up and do what's best for your family? Not saying anything like this is in play in this particular situation, just saying that whatever the reasoning behind the decision, no reason to be upset at a kid. Choosing to go to a school because it's where you fit in isn't any more of a 'good' reason to choose a school than choosing a school because it helps your family out.

TimberBeast
09-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Leo probably knows that he will be able to have a great time in Oxford on October 4th. Everyone will know him there and he will get lots of attention because he is a new commit. And we all know what the square is like on a saturday night. Can't blame him for wanting to enjoy Oxford and all the coeds there.

What does this guy have to do to get the hammer? Have a confederate flag picture in his sig?

Coach34
09-24-2014, 12:31 PM
My thing is, in order for him to commit to ole miss, he had to have them above us at this point, which is concerning.

That isnt even remotely close to being true

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-24-2014, 12:35 PM
What does this guy have to do to get the hammer? Have a confederate flag picture in his sig?

He is or will be banned

starkvegasdawg
What does this guy have to do to get the hammer? Have a confederate flag picture in his sig?[/QUOTE]

So you're calling for this?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5pc-z9GQ4ck/UEyuqjqB60I/AAAAAAAACxU/f0dK5Tl8a5s/s1600/samuel-l-jackson-banned.gif[QUOTE=TimberBeast;254722]

Intramural All-American
That isnt even remotely close to being true

And you know this how? And if not, why did he commit? If freeze can get anyone to commit at anytime just to rub it in our faces, why did Fletcher commit to us, and why is Peyers committed to us?

Coach34
09-24-2014, 01:10 PM
And you know this how? And if not, why did he commit? If freeze can get anyone to commit at anytime just to rub it in our faces, why did Fletcher commit to us, and why is Peyers committed to us?

I know this from talking to someone associated with the situation. The BearSharks made this happen because of all the press and momentum we have currently

He committed because it was best for him and his family right now. This race is far from over. I'm noting saying we will flip him- but I am saying his recruitment is far from over

cheewgumm
09-24-2014, 01:14 PM
If they think the press has been good for us to this point, wait until we beat A&M and they lose to Bama.

I can barely sleep at night thinking about this.

I know this from talking to someone associated with the situation. The BearSharks made this happen because of all the press and momentum we have currently

He committed because it was best for him and his family right now. This race is far from over. I'm noting saying we will flip him- but I am saying his recruitment is far from over

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2014, 01:17 PM
This situation reminds me so much of when we blew out Michigan in the Gator Bowl and how the Rebs behaved a few weeks after. Good thing is that it has started early this year and thus we have time to react.

Someone give Intramural All-American a brain. He should be able to figure this out.

Johnson85
09-24-2014, 01:27 PM
I actually completely agree with this. My wordage was misleading to how I truly feel. I'm not worried, per say, because recruiting isn't as big of a deal to me anymore. I'm just saying I don't see how people blow this development off as a non-development and totally disregard the fact that this guy may actually want to play at ole miss

I agree with this. I can understand feeling it's not over, but unless you have some inside knowledge, it seems foolish to think we have better than an even money chance (or as good as an even money chance) to sign a recruit that has verbally committed to another school.

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 01:39 PM
This situation reminds me so much of when we blew out Michigan in the Gator Bowl and how the Rebs behaved a few weeks after. Good thing is that it has started early this year and thus we have time to react.

Someone give Intramural All-American a brain. He should be able to figure this out.
Oh, so the year they stole CJ Johnson from us? Way to really validate your point here.

Having you tell me I need to get a brain really makes me feel better about myself. (Hint: that's not a compliment. )

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 01:43 PM

So what you are saying is, he likes us more but committed to them anyway. And they were able to get him to commit out of the blue, even though he doesn't want to go there. And there is no chance he likes them more. Alright, sounds good to me. I don't follow recruiting much, so I can't argue what I don't know. Just seems a little questionable

Sacrifice
09-24-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm not hearing a lot of buzz about Leo to OM. Seems like the Dillons situation is overshadowing the announcement. There slipping, probably should have waited a little longer.

Bully Dee Williams
09-24-2014, 01:55 PM
This really is odd. There isn't much buzz at all around this commitment. Not even the bears are saying much.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2014, 01:58 PM
So what you are saying is, he likes us more but committed to them anyway. And they were able to get him to commit out of the blue, even though he doesn't want to go there. And there is no chance he likes them more. Alright, sounds good to me. I don't follow recruiting much, so I can't argue what I don't know. Just seems a little questionable

Again, why can't you just read between lines here?

Following the Michigan game, Whitehead, Brassell, and CJ all decommited. Wasn't just CJ. Point is, when we do well, they freak out and get dirty.

RougeDawg
09-24-2014, 02:27 PM
This really is odd. There isn't much buzz at all around this commitment. Not even the bears are saying much.

There's no buzz because this commitment is about as real as their chance to battle for the west this year.

Coach34
09-24-2014, 02:32 PM
So what you are saying is, he likes us more but committed to them anyway. And they were able to get him to commit out of the blue, even though he doesn't want to go there. And there is no chance he likes them more.

I didnt say anything like that. He did what was best for him and his family right now

Bully Dee Williams
09-24-2014, 02:40 PM
There's no buzz because this commitment is about as real as their chance to battle for the west this year.

That's what I keep coming back to with this whole thing. Normally with something like this, the bears fans and press would be blowing it up. Hardly anything has come out. Plus, our fans haven't blown it out of proportion at all. Many people close to the situation that I have talked to were a) shocked and b) saying that this recruitment is far from over.

It is so great to be in a position as a program and fan base that we know things are going to be great no matter what happens with Leo.

If we let it play out, I still think we get Leo in February and I believe the beats know it.

HailState39110
09-24-2014, 02:53 PM

I don't think that is the point being made.I am not saying we were the favorite for Leo .He was probably an OM lean. I just think he might have been keeping his decision quiet until someone got in his ear and said ' let's go public with this' . You don't find it at all odd the timing of the announcement ? Last weekend happens, we whip LSU at night in BR up and down the field . Monday morning Fletcher Adams , a recruit they felt good about, committs to us . SEC Nation changes their schedule so they can be in Sville for the TAMU game . Dak was on SVP yesterday and Sportscenter today. His Heisman odds are now 14-1. Dan is doing interviews on ESPN from the Road to The Natl Championship CFB bus .

It all a little overwhelming for the OM faithful, so they announced a 'recruiting win' right in the middle of all the chaos . Remember, these are the same people who forced CJ Hampton to decommit for a couple of days only to have him hold a press conference to announce his intentions a few days later

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2014, 03:46 PM
I don't think that is the point being made.I am not saying we were the favorite for Leo .He was probably an OM lean. I just think he might have been keeping his decision quiet until someone got in his ear and said ' let's go public with this' . You don't find it at all odd the timing of the announcement ? Last weekend happens, we whip LSU at night in BR up and down the field . Monday morning Fletcher Adams , a recruit they felt good about, committs to us . SEC Nation changes their schedule so they can be in Sville for the TAMU game . Dak was on SVP yesterday and Sportscenter today. His Heisman odds are now 14-1. Dan is doing interviews on ESPN from the Road to The Natl Championship CFB bus .

It all a little overwhelming for the OM faithful, so they announced a 'recruiting win' right in the middle of all the chaos . Remember, these are the same people who forced CJ Hampton to decommit for a couple of days only to have him hold a press conference to announce his intentions a few days later

Not according to ALL the people that get paid to know. We were the leader and out of the blue he made a commitment to OM. Again, we obviously don't know everything, but I'm with coach here. He made a decision that was best for his family RIGHT NOW.

In February, one would think think that his future as a football player would be whats most important

defiantdog
09-24-2014, 03:58 PM
We'll see in time with Leo. I'm wondering if playing time was an issue to him. He has a better shot at starting his freshmen year at OM. No telling.... hopefully, our class can convince him to switch come February.

mathistondawg
09-24-2014, 04:13 PM
I don't know his situation but I would not help Ole Miss downplay Mississippi State win if I really wanted to go to Mississippi State in the beginning if I was trying to help build a championship team no way would I go in try to knock them down by committing to another school that's just me though

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 04:22 PM
I don't know his situation but I would not help Ole Miss downplay Mississippi State win if I really wanted to go to Mississippi State in the beginning if I was trying to help build a championship team no way would I go in try to knock them down by committing to another school that's just me though

That's my point exactly. People are downplaying this and acting like it means nothing in regards to his recruitment. A recruit that is high on us wouldn't do somethig to try to hurt us. But carry on, all is well.

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 04:27 PM
I didnt say anything like that. He did what was best for him and his family right now

Yea, it actually is. When I said he obviously liked Ole Miss a little better than us, you said that isn't remotely what happened. That insinuates that he likes us more but still committed to Ole Miss.

Intramural All-American
09-24-2014, 04:29 PM
Again, why can't you just read between lines here?

Following the Michigan game, Whitehead, Brassell, and CJ all decommited. Wasn't just CJ. Point is, when we do well, they freak out and get dirty.

What are you talking about? I know what happened then. And I know that CJ, Brassell, and Singleton all signed with Ole Miss, while Whitehead jumped ship to Auburn at the last hour. All of these things kinda go towards my point that I don't understand why people are blowing this off as trivial, when we have seen it happen before and players have stuck with Ole Miss. You aren't even making sense.

PMDawg
09-24-2014, 04:36 PM

I get what you're saying. You're insinuating awful and unsubstantiated things about a player we are actively recruiting in order to boost your own "internet cred" (in your own mind). I can't imagine why someone would do such a thing though.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Yea, it actually is. When I said he obviously liked Ole Miss a little better than us, you said that isn't remotely what happened. That insinuates that he likes us more but still committed to Ole Miss.

Pin this.
Leo Lewis will be a dawg.

RougeDawg
09-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Not according to ALL the people that get paid to know. We were the leader and out of the blue he made a commitment to OM. Again, we obviously don't know everything, but I'm with coach here. He made a decision that was best for his family RIGHT NOW.

In February, one would think think that his future as a football player would be whats most important

And with the bears going all in this early, showing their hand, they will not be able to come after us when he signs on Dan's dotted line.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Lewis was a private to OM just like adams was a "private" to OM for months. Just let it play out.

The only top 10 we dont sign is Javon, who is a guard. So we are ok.

FISHDAWG
09-24-2014, 05:01 PM

just remember that he is no stranger to "de-committing" - just ask Bama

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-24-2014, 05:02 PM
Intramural is clearly trying to get a screen shot. Not on this site. Get invited to a private site and screen shot all you like.

Coach34
09-24-2014, 05:09 PM
I get what you're saying. You're insinuating awful and unsubstantiated things about a player we are actively recruiting in order to boost your own "internet cred" (in your own mind). I can't imagine why someone would do such a thing though.

I dont have to boost anything for internet cred. You're on my site Socrates- that's cred enough dont ya think?