PDA

View Full Version : The Arkansas vs A&M game, and what games intrigue you this weekend?

CadaverDawg
09-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Our guys are in a great position to rest up and prep for the Aggies this weekend. I will be anxious to see how A&M matches up with Arkansas, because I feel we can pound the ball like Arky, but that we have a much better threat at the passing game. But the main thing I want to watch for, is the way A&M moves the ball vs Arkansas' defense. If Arkansas can hang with A&M and slow their offense down, I will begin to feel really good.

I wouldn't mind seeing Arkansas run the ball like crazy against them, and slow A&M down, but A&M win 28-24 or something like that. That would show me that they aren't as dangerous on O, but they would still be undefeated to make our win against them look better.

What other games will you be watching this weekend?

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2014, 06:38 PM
I'm actually intrigued by the two UMs. Memphis is 2-1. Their 2 wins are over similar teams to 2 of the bears' wins. Their loss was to UCLA by 7 at the Rose Bowl and they had the Bruins on the ropes for a while. I do think the bears will win, but it will be interesting to see how close it is. It would be some serious kharma if the Tigers beat them after all this Day crap from them this week.

preachermatt83
09-23-2014, 06:38 PM
I want aTm to win but I want it to be close. It doesn't matter to me if it 21-20 or 55-54 as long as its close. Honestly if Arky can just keep it within 14 points I will feel better about it.

preachermatt83
09-23-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm actually intrigued by the two UMs. Memphis is 2-1. Their 2 wins are over similar teams to 2 of the bears' wins. Their loss was to UCLA by 7 at the Rose Bowl and they had the Bruins on the ropes for a while. I do think the bears will win, but it will be interesting to see how close it is. It would be some serious kharma if the Tigers beat them after all this Day crap from them this week.

it pains me to say this but don't be surprised if you see a score like 42-7. I look for it to be a route.

CadaverDawg
09-23-2014, 06:50 PM
it pains me to say this but don't be surprised if you see a score like 42-7. I look for it to be a route.

If Ole Miss is as talented as their recruiting rankings say...it should be at LEAST 42-7

Jack Lambert
09-23-2014, 08:03 PM
I think there wil be over a 100 points scored in this game. I don't think either defense will stop the others offense.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Our guys are in a great position to rest up and prep for the Aggies this weekend. I will be anxious to see how A&M matches up with Arkansas, because I feel we can pound the ball like Arky, but that we have a much better threat at the passing game. But the main thing I want to watch for, is the way A&M moves the ball vs Arkansas' defense. If Arkansas can hang with A&M and slow their offense down, I will begin to feel really good.

I wouldn't mind seeing Arkansas run the ball like crazy against them, and slow A&M down, but A&M win 28-24 or something like that. That would show me that they aren't as dangerous on O, but they would still be undefeated to make our win against them look better.

What other games will you be watching this weekend?

Arky/aTm, UGA/Tennessee, Missouri/USCe

Mutt the Hoople
09-23-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm VERY interested in the A$M Arkansas game. I'd love nothing better than to see Arkansas just pound the living crap out of the Niedermeyers, even if the Ags win. Hopefully, Arkansas will pull one of their patented 7 overtime game thrillers out of their ass, and A*M will stagger into Scott Field to be pummeled by The Mississippi State University.

Then the University of Auburn will be next. Dillon Day will be back, along with the 8 game winning streak, and after we stomp the living crap out of the War Eagles, the SEC will suspend MSU for child abuse.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Agree, I'd like to see Arkansas pound on A&M and make their front 7 sore and tired. Then we pound on them again next weekend and see the levy break

yjnkdawg
09-24-2014, 12:19 AM

Same here... I hope that No. 10 ranking hype has gone to the OM players' heads and Memphis can pull out a win.

borne
09-24-2014, 08:32 AM
I think Arkansas has a shot in this game. They will control the clock and A&M will not be able to stop their run attack

borne
09-24-2014, 08:33 AM
But as far as Ole Miss I think Memphis catches them looking ahead, even though they say they aren't, and this game will be close and if Memphis plays a great game, they will win.

BulldogBear
09-24-2014, 08:49 AM
But as far as Ole Miss I think Memphis catches them looking ahead, even though they say they aren't, and this game will be close and if Memphis plays a great game, they will win.

I really don't look for Memphis to win but I look for this to be a closer game in which Ole Miss pulls ahead late and wins about 34-21. I like this game mainly because I like some traditional and/or logical nonconf matchups in my favorite sport. Ole Miss and Memphis playing every year just always made sense to me. It aggravates that ND is not playing Michigan State. It just doesn't feel right not to have that game in late September each year. Those are type of nonconf matchups that my overtradional mind feeds off of!

thf24
09-24-2014, 08:57 AM
I expect OM/UM to be go a lot like OM/Boise. Memphis has a salty D that will once again cast doubt on OM's finesse offense for most of the game, until Freeze stumbles upon some gimmick he can exploit around the time Memphis is wearing down and pull away late (just like Boise).

BulldogBear
09-24-2014, 09:02 AM
As far as Arkansas-Texas A&M... I hope Hogs beat 'em up good but lose a close one. That way Aggies will still be undefeated and top ten when they come to Scott Field. But I'm really not high on TAMU even winning this game. I'm afraid Arkansas is going to expose them before we do.

Offshore Dawg
09-24-2014, 09:38 AM
I really don't look for Memphis to win but I look for this to be a closer game in which Ole Miss pulls ahead late and wins about 34-21. I like this game mainly because I like some traditional and/or logical nonconf matchups in my favorite sport. Ole Miss and Memphis playing every year just always made sense to me. It aggravates that ND is not playing Michigan State. It just doesn't feel right not to have that game in late September each year. Those are type of nonconf matchups that my overtradional mind feeds off of!

It is Michigan that ND stopped the series with!!!!!!

BulldogBear
09-24-2014, 09:48 AM
It is Michigan that ND stopped the series with!!!!!!

That ended this year. ND tradionally played Mich St. the week after the Michigan game. Different rivalry. That's not on the schedule this year, though they have another home and home a couple of years out. I hate that the Michigan-ND is ending as well. A lot of this is because ND is now under contract to play so many ACC schools each year. BC, UNC, GT, and Pitt have played ND alot and kind of make sense. But in my lifetime, ND has played Michigan, USC, Standord, Mich. State, Purdue, Navy every year. Every year. I hate seeing those go away.