PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop with all the crying now????

DownwardDawg
09-23-2014, 06:02 PM
Come on people!! We are better than this. We sound like ole miss sissy boys and lsu fans right now. It's done. We will win without Day against aTm and we will have a chip on our shoulder the rest of the way.
We as a fan base need to stop the pouting and man up!

BulldogBear
09-23-2014, 06:03 PM
The SEC just condemned TAMU to absolute utter embarrassing defeat. That's the way I'm trying to look at it, but still aggravated. Then critics will comdemn Mullen for running up the score. Sigh.

TrapGame
09-23-2014, 06:06 PM
We will beat A&M!!! Their defense is NOWHERE as good as LSU's!! Our defense will be the best they've seen so far!! Relax and enjoy the open weekend!

IMissJack
09-23-2014, 06:07 PM
This is not about Day to me, this is about an unenforceable standard setting precedent.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Come on people!! We are better than this. We sound like ole miss sissy boys and lsu fans right now. It's done. We will win without Day against aTm and we will have a chip on our shoulder the rest of the way.

Yeah, we are poor little ole MSU. We just need to accept our lot meekly just like LT trained us too.

PMDawg
09-23-2014, 06:09 PM

AMEN

DownwardDawg
09-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah, we are poor little ole MSU. We just need to accept our lot meekly just like LT trained us too.

And you sound just like LT. Sigh......

Crystal Balls
09-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Come on people!! We are better than this. We as a fan base need to stop the pouting and man up!

^^^This^^^

Lets move on.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2014, 06:14 PM
If you don't bring attention to the double standard it never changes. Shutting up and taking it is what we have ALWAYS done.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-23-2014, 06:14 PM
This is not about Day to me, this is about an unenforceable standard setting precedent.

Winner ^^^

msstate7
09-23-2014, 06:15 PM
The best way to fight back is tear aTm a new one

Drugdog
09-23-2014, 06:35 PM
If you don't stand for something , you will fall for anything.

We have decided to stand.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2014, 06:42 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/08/04/suspended-lsu-player-jalen-mills-charges-reduced-to-misdemeanor/13569341/

Does Les Miles approve of violence against women if this guy is still playing?

RiverCityDawg
09-23-2014, 08:20 PM
If you don't bring attention to the double standard it never changes. Shutting up and taking it is what we have ALWAYS done.

How is it a double standard? Day is getting punished as a repeat offender and because it happened twice in the game. Mullen handled it exactly right... Say you disagree, side with your player who denies it and move on. Our fans should follow our coach's lead.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2014, 08:25 PM
How is it a double standard? Day is getting punished as a repeat offender and because it happened twice in the game. Mullen handled it exactly right... Say you disagree, side with your player who denies it and move on. Our fans should follow our coach's lead.

+1

RC3
09-23-2014, 08:28 PM

+2
Focus on A&M

EAVdog
09-23-2014, 08:41 PM

When was the last time a player was suspended for actions that weren't even called on the field? You know damn well the SEC isn't going to review film from ever game and hand out suspensions. We sit back as fans and let ourselves be labeled as a Thug Program by fans and the media while Auburn and LSU recruit players who have been kicked off their teams for terrible acts. Do you think the SEC would let Jalen Mills play if he were wearing Maroon and White?

Where was the SEC when Holloway was speared right in the head last year at BAMA? I could go on but there are just too many instances to name.

We've had multiple instances where we've complained and I can only remember one, the Ben Jones case, where the league actually took any action.

TUSK
09-23-2014, 08:44 PM
I can understand some angst, for certain... but it's not like there's not a history of (suspension for) the exact same thing Day did twice in the game... plus the personal foul...

Yall's team really has made this season more interesting and I hate to see the focus taken off the team over something of which the net result is likely minimal.

I'm gonna bring this hypothetical back to cheer yall up!

9/27
#1 FSU (34) is going to blast NC St. with the return of the crab leg stealin, lady leg splittin, hood rat.
#2 Oregon (12) is idle.
#3 Bammer (6) is idle.
#4 Oklahoma (4) is idle.
#5 Auburn (0) smokes La Tech.
#6 Texas A&M (4) outscores Arkie.
#7 Baylor (0) beats ISU by 60.
#8 Notre Dame (0) beats Syracuse.
#9 Michigan St. (0) beats Wyoming by 40+.
#10 Ole Miss (0) smokes Memphrika State.
#11 UCLA (0) is a non-factor... if they don't lose to ASU (9/25), they will lose 2 weeks later.
#12 UGA is a non-factor (1 loss SECE team).
#13 S Carolina is a non-factor (1 loss SECE team).
#14 Miss. St. is idle.

10/4
#1 FSU is going to blast W. Forest.
#2 Oregon has a trap game with Arizona (10/2), but should win.
#3 Bammer will struggle early at GameDay in Oxford, but will eek out a win 42-21.
#4 Oklahoma @ TCU... we (the SEC) need to pay attention to this one...
#5 Auburn gets in a dog.... err... Tiger Fight w/ #17 LSU... I think they win.
#6 Texas A&M loses to Miss. St.
#7 Baylor @ Texas... could be close game; Pay attention.
#8 Notre Dame loses to Stanford.
#9 Michigan St. vs Nebraska.... close game.
#10 Ole Miss loses a close one... the party, too.
#11 UCLA (0) is a non-factor...
#14 Miss. St. Beats #6 A&M.

10/11
#1 FSU is going to blast Syracuse.
#2 Oregon smokes UCLA.
#3 Bammer wins at Arkie.
#4 Oklahoma vs Texas... we (the SEC) need to pay attention to this one... again...
#5 Auburn loses @ #8 Miss. St.
#6 Baylor beats TCU... could be close game.
#7 Michigan St. wins at Purdue
#8 Miss. St. beats #5 Auburn.

10/18
#1 FSU
#2 Oregon
#3 Bammer
#4 Miss. St.
#5 Oklahoma
#6 Baylor

msstate7
09-23-2014, 08:52 PM
I can understand some angst, for certain... but it's not like there's not a history of (suspension for) the exact same thing Day did twice in the game... plus the personal foul...

Yall's team really has made this season more interesting and I hate to see the focus taken off the team over something of which the net result is likely minimal.

I'm gonna bring this hypothetical back to cheer yall up!

9/27
#1 FSU (34) is going to blast NC St. with the return of the crab leg stealin, lady leg splittin, hood rat.
#2 Oregon (12) is idle.
#3 Bammer (6) is idle.
#4 Oklahoma (4) is idle.
#5 Auburn (0) smokes La Tech.
#6 Texas A&M (4) outscores Arkie.
#7 Baylor (0) beats ISU by 60.
#8 Notre Dame (0) beats Syracuse.
#9 Michigan St. (0) beats Wyoming by 40+.
#10 Ole Miss (0) smokes Memphrika State.
#11 UCLA (0) is a non-factor... if they don't lose to ASU (9/25), they will lose 2 weeks later.
#14 Miss. St. is idle.

10/4
#1 FSU is going to blast W. Forest.
#2 Oregon has a trap game with Arizona (10/2), but should win.
#3 Bammer will struggle early at GameDay in Oxford, but will eek out a win 42-21.
#4 Oklahoma @ TCU... we (the SEC) need to pay attention to this one...
#5 Auburn gets in a dog.... err... Tiger Fight w/ #17 LSU... I think they win.
#6 Texas A&M loses to Miss. St.
#7 Baylor @ Texas... could be close game; Pay attention.
#8 Notre Dame loses to Stanford.
#9 Michigan St. vs Nebraska.... close game.
#10 Ole Miss loses a close one... the party, too.
#11 UCLA (0) is a non-factor...
#14 Miss. St. Beats #6 A&M.

10/11
#1 FSU is going to blast Syracuse.
#2 Oregon smokes UCLA.
#3 Bammer wins at Arkie.
#4 Oklahoma vs Texas... we (the SEC) need to pay attention to this one... again...
#5 Auburn loses @ #8 Miss. St.
#6 Baylor beats TCU... could be close game.
#7 Michigan St. wins at Purdue
#8 Miss. St. beats #5 Auburn.

10/18
#1 FSU
#2 Oregon
#3 Bammer
#4 Miss. St.
#5 Oklahoma
#6 Baylor

Hope you're right. If we roll into Tuscaloosa undefeated and top 5, it would be great

TUSK
09-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Hope you're right. If we roll into Tuscaloosa undefeated and top 5, it would be great

You wanna go with me and 'Digger?

msstate7
09-23-2014, 09:00 PM
You wanna go with me and 'Digger?

Damn right

TUSK
09-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Damn right

PM me.

Chip
09-23-2014, 09:09 PM
While I agree and hope that State beats both A&M and Auburn. Baylor is going to dagger Texas. And Oklahoma is going to beat TCU by 14 or more and stick the dagger in the opposite side of the Longhorns.

RougeDawg
09-23-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm not pissed about the suspension. The hypoctitical double standard of Commossioner Slime between the haves and have nots is blatant and despicable. Others have done much worse and never even get turned in. It's only when we start beating the halves, does the sec step in and try to keep us at bay.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2014, 09:54 PM
When was the last time a player was suspended for actions that weren't even called on the field? You know damn well the SEC isn't going to review film from ever game and hand out suspensions. We sit back as fans and let ourselves be labeled as a Thug Program by fans and the media while Auburn and LSU recruit players who have been kicked off their teams for terrible acts. Do you think the SEC would let Jalen Mills play if he were wearing Maroon and White?

Where was the SEC when Holloway was speared right in the head last year at BAMA? I could go on but there are just too many instances to name.

We've had multiple instances where we've complained and I can only remember one, the Ben Jones case, where the league actually took any action.

Those, among many, many others.

yjnkdawg
09-23-2014, 10:11 PM

+3 ............ I think our Football "Family" Players will get motivation from this and take care of business when TAMU comes to StarkVegas and keep the pedal to the metal.

Reason2succeed
09-24-2014, 03:38 AM
Those in power and privilege will always tell the oppressed to pipe down and stop complaining about their plight. The NCAA is finally being called on their shenanigans but it is not all of the small schools that have been abused. It is because the power schools want even more free reign. The SEC must be held responsible for its double standard. We must not back down.

dawgoneyall
09-24-2014, 06:30 AM
Bitching and raising hell isn't equal to crying.

Original48
09-24-2014, 06:39 AM
So Auburn takes Cam at his word and believes he wasn't paid or in no way knew about being shopped. Jalen Mills goes Ray Rice on a girl and Miles gives him the benefit of the doubt. Dillon Day posts a letter saying it wasn't intentional but we are crazy for believing him?? Like it's been said..it's not about whining and moaning, it's the hypocrisy that is in place. I have an opinion on the Dillon Day situation, but, I choose to follow the lead of the big boy programs and blindly back my player.

Dawgheadcheese
09-24-2014, 09:00 AM
nm

thf24
09-24-2014, 09:09 AM
We need to stop talking about Dillon altogether. All protesting is doing is giving gratification to those jealous assholes who think their little twitter campaign made it happen. Let's stop giving them the satisfaction.

DownwardDawg
09-24-2014, 09:12 AM
We need to stop talking about Dillon altogether. All protesting is doing is giving gratification to those jealous assholes who think their little twitter campaign made it happen. Let's stop giving them the satisfaction.

Yep. We beat LSU Saturday and this shit is all you can read about on our message board. For the 1st time in a long time, I've ventured over to other boards just trying to get relief from the pouting. We freakin beat LSU!!!! This is the best football week for us in a very long time!!!! I'm still celebrating the win. **** Mike Slive, but just like Dan said, we will abide by the decision. It's over.

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2014, 09:27 AM
So your take is we say "thank you sir may I have another". Gotcha.

confucius say
09-24-2014, 09:31 AM

+4. If the MSU family (team, coaches, players, administration, fans) put as much energy in prepping for TaM as we fans have spent bitching about 11:00 am kickoffs and suspensions, we will be 5-0 in 245 hours and top 10 in the country. Do we get the short end of the stick often? Yes. But control what you can control and use the rest as a motivational chip on your shoulder.

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2014, 09:49 AM
If we let it go like we always have then it will happen again, like it always has.