PDA

View Full Version : English Premier League Week 5 Thread

TheRef
09-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Well then...the Foxes certainly have the ball rolling now! This past Sunday, the Foxes took down Manchester United 5-3 in King Power Stadium. This now puts the Foxes in the #7 slot on the table with 8 points. The Manchester United Red Devils took an early lead and were up by as much as 2 (3-1). Then in the second half, the Foxes came alive and decided enough was enough in KP. With the help of two PKs (Nugent and Ulloa) the Foxes came back and took the lead. This game had one controversial penalty that came for the first PK, and I will admit it was definitely a soft foul and shouldn't have deserved a PK. Funniest part is, this game was called by the Premiership's best referee. With the exception of the one bad PK call, it was a very well-called game by the official.

This weekend, the Foxes travel to Crystal Palace and Selhurst Park. The overall series is 2-1-1 in favor of Crystal Palace with the last game ending with a 3-0 victory for the Foxes of Leicester City. There has been an average of 2.5 cards issued per matchup with the majority coming against CP (9-6) and CP has the only red card of the series. So needless to say, this shall be an interesting match for sure.

One more thing, Ulloa had two goals against Man. U and has 5 goals in 5 matches. Also, this is the first time that Manchester United has given up 5+ goals against a newly promoted team in the Premiership. This is also the first time that Manchester United has lost after having a 2-goal advantage. This was Leicester City's first home Premiership win of the season.

TheRef
09-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Bump because we all know we want EPL updates.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2014, 07:15 PM
Liverpool have serious problems at the moment. I expected it to some extent with Suarez gone and a TON of new boys that have to assimilate but it is getting a little worrisome. Hopefully Sturridge will be back for the clash with the bluenoses Saturday.
In the League Cup today we drew Middlesbrough 2-2 and then won, get this, 14-13 on PKs. One bright spot we had a seventeen year old academy grad who has been with the club since he was six score on his debut. It's been a long time since an academy lad played.

War Machine Dawg
09-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Hull managed to snatch a tie from the jaws of victory last week. After being up 2-nil with just 15 minutes remaining, Hull allowed Newcastle to score twice. Newcastle had scored 1 goal all season prior to those goals and is contemplating the firing of their coach. Diame has been a huge upgrade in the midfield, but GK Allan McGregor has been shaky. He'll make a world class save, then get in bad position and give up an easy goal.

Hull will take on Man City this Saturday.

C_Rich22
09-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Sorry for the shortage of posts, I have been extremely busy, but how about my squad Crystal Palace?? For our first win of the year, we pull off a dramatic upset to beat Everton. Hoping to keep the momentum and climb up the table this week. Up next, we take on Newcastle at home, looking for at least a draw!

TheRef
09-23-2014, 10:35 PM
Sorry for the shortage of posts, I have been extremely busy, but how about my squad Crystal Palace?? For our first win of the year, we pull off a dramatic upset to beat Everton. Hoping to keep the momentum and climb up the table this week. Up next, we take on Newcastle at home, looking for at least a draw!

No...you play my Foxes this weekend. :)

DudyDawg
09-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Liverpool have serious problems at the moment. I expected it to some extent with Suarez gone and a TON of new boys that have to assimilate but it is getting a little worrisome. Hopefully Sturridge will be back for the clash with the bluenoses Saturday.
In the League Cup today we drew Middlesbrough 2-2 and then won, get this, 14-13 on PKs. One bright spot we had a seventeen year old academy grad who has been with the club since he was six score on his debut. It's been a long time since an academy lad played.

Kept looking at that penalty score on twitter. Insane. Oh and by the way, Real Madrid won 8-3 this weekend (not penalties, we scored that much) thanks to a cristiano hat trick. We won today 5-1 thanks to four goals from Ronaldo. He's healthy and on fire. The reigning player of the year looking like he wants the Ballon D'Or this season too.

Dawg61
09-23-2014, 11:38 PM
Tottenham has gone to shit. Lost to the worst team in the league West Brom 0-1 which more than doubled Brom's points. Sitting 9th and falling fast. Spurs futbol gets Arseanal next.

War Machine Dawg
09-23-2014, 11:46 PM
Kept looking at that penalty score on twitter. Insane. Oh and by the way, Real Madrid won 8-3 this weekend (not penalties, we scored that much) thanks to a cristiano hat trick. We won today 5-1 thanks to four goals from Ronaldo. He's healthy and on fire. The reigning player of the year looking like he wants the Ballon D'Or this season too.

You should find a highlight of Jelavic's goal from Hull's match with Newcastle. It was sick.

DawgHouseUnited
09-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Well the Saints have done pretty well so far. We squeaked by the Swans 1-0 Saturday, then followed that up with a 2-1 win over Arsenal in the Capital One Cup. Against the Swans, Kenyan Victor Wanyaba came in late in the game and scored the game's only goal. That was the good news. The bad- he came in for an injured James Ward-Prowse (stress fracture in left foot- 10-12 weeks), and Toby Alderweireld sat this one out with an injury. It was a back-and-forth game in the first half, but the second half was pretty much all Southampton.

In the Capital One game, Southampton fell behind early but responded with a PK goal by Tadic, and the go-ahead came nearing halftime on a corner that found our man Clyne for the score. The game was pretty back-and-forth, each team had some good chances throughout the game. With the win, the Saints move into the 4th round of the Capital One Cup.

Up next we play the 18th ranked QPR at home on Saturday.