PDA

View Full Version : Baseball America/Aaron Fitt's latest opinions.

State82
05-26-2013, 01:38 PM
As of this morning, they list their national seeds as being: Vandy, UNC, LSU, Oregon St., Cal State Fullerton, UVA, N.C. State, FSU. They took Indiana out of their national seeds and replaced them with FSU. Their sources say the committee is not placing much emphasis on conference tourneys. They are also replacing Arky as a host site with S.C. due to more emphasis on rpi by the committee. Their host site predictions in addition to the national seeds: Indiana, Oregon, MSU, UCLA, Kansas St., Louisville, S.C., Virginia Tech. I'm really proud for Arkansas. Hillbillies. Never liked them, never will.

Todd4State
05-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Wow. Four ACC teams as national seeds? In my opinion, the SEC deserves three and the ACC three and then the other two PAC 12/Cal State Fullerton.

When I saw the RPI last night, and I saw that both Oregon teams were really high, it made me wonder if they would give two national seeds to two teams in the same state that's not named California, Texas, or Florida.

Arkansas has no one except themselves to blame. They could have very easily scheduled a couple of games with Arkansas State and gotten a team from Texas like Lamar and that probably would have gotten them a host spot. Heck, there are two minor league parks near them that they could use to play neutral site games at very easily as well. Maybe play Memphis?

CadaverDawg
05-26-2013, 02:33 PM
When I saw the RPI last night, and I saw that both Oregon teams were really high, it made me wonder if they would give two national seeds to two teams in the same state that's not named California, Texas, or Florida.

They're doing it with the state of North Carolina. They both deserve it though in my opinion. I personally cannot stand all of the extra stuff ey put in to Natty Seed and Hosting selection. It's not NCState's fault that UNC is a top 3 team, so they shouldn't be penalized out of Natty Seed contention just because that would be two Natty Seeds in North Carolina. I know college baseball wants to spread it's brand.....but it's not fair to those schools that spend a lot of money on baseball to be penalized because of their regional location.

Just my opinion though.

Todd4State
05-26-2013, 03:11 PM
To me, the most impressive thing that NC State did was sweep Viginia Tech and sweep Georgia Tech on the road. Their resume' is very similar to ours IMO.