PDA

View Full Version : Can someone in the know tell me the recruits Campbell vs Bates

West Houston Dog
09-23-2014, 10:37 AM
I believe Campbell is a 4**** instate de and Bates a 3*** La de. I know nothing of either but seems were are still recruiting both with limited spots open. Is one a better pash rusher and one a better run defender? I seem to see Bates mentioned more on the message boards....

???

Big4Dawg
09-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Its not an either/or. Both have spots.

engie
09-23-2014, 10:51 AM
I believe Campbell is a 4**** instate de and Bates a 3*** La de. I know nothing of either but seems were are still recruiting both with limited spots open. Is one a better pash rusher and one a better run defender? I seem to see Bates mentioned more on the message boards....

???

Campbell will grow into a DT. Bates is a DE. Campbell has uncanny similarities to Fletcher Cox coming out of the same high school. Bates is mentioned more because he has chosen to make his recruitment more high profile -- has set decision dates before so we constantly think we're within a week or two of hearing the word on him. Campbell keeps an ultra low profile and just works his ass off. He'll be a guy that just commits when he's ready and won't make a big deal out of it IMO...

MSUDawg4Life
09-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Would like to have both.

Big4Dawg
09-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Bates is coming for an OV for the A&M game.

CadaverDawg
09-23-2014, 11:41 AM
Bates originally was going to make his announcement before the A&M game, but now pushed it back to after he visits for the A&M game. Does that mean he was likely going to commit to somewhere else before we beat LSU? Or what? Seems like his change happened right after LSU and so he now wants to visit State 1 more time before making his choice. Or am I reading way too deep into it. I'd really like for us to get this guy.

EAVdog
09-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Basically it on Bates, Arizona State is serious competition for him. Thought he may commit to them before our visit. Bodes well for us.

CadaverDawg
09-23-2014, 11:47 AM
Basically it on Bates, Arizona State is serious competition for him. Thought he may commit to them before our visit. Bodes well for us.

Thanks. This is exactly what I was wondering. Apparently our LSU win at least made him think twice. Let's hope it was enough.

DudyDawg
09-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks. This is exactly what I was wondering. Apparently our LSU win at least made him think twice. Let's hope it was enough.

Lets put it this way, a kid wouldn't watch a team he's thinking about dismantle a power and push his announcement back if it didn't make a huge impact. On the other hand, if he was planning to commit to us before, he wouldn't push it back. So I think it opened his eyes to us and he needs more time to see.

Big4Dawg
09-23-2014, 12:58 PM
If you read between the lines, he was going to commit to ASU but he told Paul it would be unfair to State to not take an OV here first. He has already visited ASU.