PDA

View Full Version : OT: Living in Shreveport

Technetium
09-23-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm currently in the process of interviewing for jobs, and I've recently received a verbal offer from a company in Shreveport. While I'm still waiting on an official offer, I wanted to see if anyone here could offer an opinion about living in/near Shreveport with a family (wife and newborn). Also, any recommendations on rental agencies for finding a house? If I accept the job, we'd probably want to rent for the first 6-12 months to make sure we like the area before we buy a house. I appreciate any info or opinions you guys can provide.

I seen it dawg
09-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Depends on your price range. What company?

mstatefan91
09-23-2014, 10:01 AM
Make sure to wear maroon to your interview :)

Coach34
09-23-2014, 10:04 AM
PM me and ISeen It

Westdawg
09-23-2014, 10:43 AM
I just moved back to the Da Sip after having been out west for the last several years teaching/coaching. The wife and i had a list of places that we would have liked to move to before the door opened for us to come back to MS.....Shreveport was definitely in our top 10. Shreveport & Monroe(LA), Tyler (TX), just to name a few. We wanted to significantly cut our drive time down from the nearly 20 hrs straight to 7 hours or less from MSU and family.
I hope you get your official offer and you both love the city. not a bad place at all and close enough to some really nice BIG cities.

Bucky Dog
09-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Live in Ruston and make the commute!!

Technetium
09-23-2014, 02:18 PM
PMs sent to Coach and I seen it. Others who can provide info are welcome to PM me.