PDA

View Full Version : So, ESPN is going to announce the regional hosts

Todd4State
05-26-2013, 01:25 PM
"around 8 o'clock" on their ticker at the bottom during the MLB game tonight? LAME.

I'm sorry, but they should have at least a 30 minute show on ESPNU. If they want to take this sport seriously, they need to step it up.

State82
05-26-2013, 01:46 PM
That is definitely lame. Surely they can do better than that. They made a big splash about having television crews at all 16 regionals so that every game would have coverage. But they can't dedicate a segment on the U for site announcements? Come on ESPN, you're the worldwide leader.

thedawg
05-26-2013, 02:50 PM
It pisses me off that you have to dig so hard for college baseball coverage. Hopefully that significantly changes with the new ESPN deal

Todd4State
05-26-2013, 03:07 PM
I think the SEC Network or whatever ESPN is going to call it will help. The SEC actually understands that college baseball can make money and they will showcase it. Plus, you have good programs from top to bottom in the SEC- sure, some are going to be down from time to time, but there isn't any program that isn't capable.

ESPN televising the regionals is a big step in the right direction. I wish MLB Network would start showing some games as well.